Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 09:18 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times

Advertisements

I was so shocked and saddened to read this. I enjoyed her as an actor.

I wonder if we'll find out if she had her colonoscopies. Colon cancer 2nd leading cause of cancer and easy to prevent....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...011545744.html

This just dropped into my email. I usually ignore Yahoo headlines in my e mail but this caught my eye. She was so young, and I liked her a lot. Hurts my heart a little, you know?
Not sure I would consider 71 to be young. Im hoping to pass on by 65 so I dont become "old," lol.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Not sure I would consider 71 to be young. Im hoping to pass on by 65 so I dont become "old," lol.

At age 70, a woman has a life expectancy of 87.6 years. So, still a lot of life ahead.

Time to see grandchildren be born and grow up. Be graduated. Get married.

Lots of time to travel.

Time to meet new loves.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:17 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
At age 70, a woman has a life expectancy of 87.6 years. So, still a lot of life ahead.

Time to see grandchildren be born and grow up. Be graduated. Get married.

Lots of time to travel.

Time to meet new loves.
Regardless of life expectancy, I dont want to get old. My kids will be in their late 30's when im 65. Plenty of time to see them succeed in life, have kids, enjoy the grandchildren and then pass on before becoming a burden to them. I want to be remembered looking "young" and healthy, not old and wrinkly unable to do things myself. That's just me though, lol. That said, I think Kirstie Alley lived a long life, but I guess we all have different interpretations of that.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:47 AM

17,580 posts, read 15,254,427 times
So.. Question.. Was she still highly involved with Scientology?

Yeah.. looks like it.

Even So.. Short of her not appearing on "Frasier" because of her scientology beliefs.. I don't think her being a scientologist affected me in any way.

Eh.. Maybe she didn't die.. Maybe she just hopped on the spaceship.

Old 12-07-2022, 02:11 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. Question.. Was she still highly involved with Scientology?

Yeah.. looks like it.

Even So.. Short of her not appearing on "Frasier" because of her scientology beliefs.. I don't think her being a scientologist affected me in any way.

Eh.. Maybe she didn't die.. Maybe she just hopped on the spaceship.
From what I read she held a high position in Scientology and lived near there Headquarters in Clearwater, Fl.

Old 12-07-2022, 03:12 PM

17,580 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
From what I read she held a high position in Scientology and lived near there Headquarters in Clearwater, Fl.

Sounds about right.. But, again.. I didn't really see her trying to recruit people.. Or, short of a bit of a feud with Leah Remini, speaking a whole lot on it.. Promoting it to others..

Perhaps I'm wrong.. Maybe she did.

But, while I certainly am no fan of scientology and consider it nothing more than a scam.. People are free to do as they wish, so long as it doesn't affect others.

Old 12-07-2022, 09:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
Her with Tim Allen in "For Richer or Poorer". Such a funny, underrated movie. Loved her...rip ⚘
I so enjoyed this movie. I was laughing a lot... It was sooo funny.

You did good, Kirstie.

Old 12-08-2022, 04:19 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Just remembered A Bunny's Tale from 1985. I was 10 years old and not having gone through puberty yet I thought she was sooooo pretty without it being anything other than an innocent attraction. I was captivated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bunny%27s_Tale

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088865/

Hell of a cast in this one too.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:12 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Sounds about right.. But, again.. I didn't really see her trying to recruit people.. Or, short of a bit of a feud with Leah Remini, speaking a whole lot on it.. Promoting it to others..

Perhaps I'm wrong.. Maybe she did.

But, while I certainly am no fan of scientology and consider it nothing more than a scam.. People are free to do as they wish, so long as it doesn't affect others.

Pretty sure she was just stalking John at the church all these years, lol ...♥ heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post

Just remembered A Bunny's Tale from 1985. I was 10 years old and not having gone through puberty yet I thought she was sooooo pretty without it being anything other than an innocent attraction. I was captivated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Bunny%27s_Tale

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088865/

Hell of a cast in this one too.
^This movie is free on youtube and on my current watchlist:

A Bunny's Tale (Gloria Steinhem Docudrama) 1985 [Full]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbxoIW9eTA

A Bunny's Tale is a 1985 American made-for-television comedy-drama film based on American feminist icon and journalist Gloria Steinem's experiences working as a Playboy Bunny in 1963, as described by her 1963 article "A Bunny's Tale"

~

She recalls one of her favorite roles was in "David's Mother"(1994), a drama about a woman abandoned by her husband, and left raising her autistic son alone. Supposed to be great..

I tried watching some made for tv movie (Profoundly Normal 2003) where she played a mentally retarded woman, I had to turn it off...lol it was too much. A+ for effort, though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities