Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 07:17 AM
KB4

1,032 posts, read 1,649,396 times

Advertisements

Always moving. Currently likes the cat tree next to the bedroom window, with a view of birds, and the chaise in the sunshine. Or in a box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 07:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,226,564 times
One of my kitties, Beatrix, is laying on top of a scratching post, doing the self grooming thing. The other kitty, Benedict, is laying on my sofa also doing the self grooming thing. But he's not as meticulous about it as Beatrix is. In fact, he can look downright scruffy sometimes! LOL

Old 06-19-2023, 04:04 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,225 posts, read 30,492,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
. . .I once had a very large dining room table covered by a yellow tablecloth. My black cat knew she wasn't supposed to be on it and in all of her nineteen years I never saw her on there. But there was always a little circle of black hairs in the middle of the tablecloth!
That's hilarious! Kitty thought she got away with it. And she did.

Kitchen Kitty, the Tabby, is all over the place recently. She's restless. She nearly died a few weeks ago but was pulled back from the jaws of death by modern medicine. Maybe she's working on her bucket list of places to sleep.

Living Room Kitty, Miss M, is back on the living room windowsill after her brief foray to the kitchen. The windowsill is one of her favorite places. Too cold in winter. She usually enjoys lounging there until some time in November.

They are littermates, 16 years old this summer. Old enough to drive. Two more years til they can vote.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:24 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,322,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
That's hilarious! Kitty thought she got away with it. And she did.
I loved that post, too.

Quote:
Kitchen Kitty, the Tabby, is all over the place recently. She's restless. She nearly died a few weeks ago but was pulled back from the jaws of death by modern medicine. Maybe she's working on her bucket list of places to sleep.

Living Room Kitty, Miss M, is back on the living room windowsill after her brief foray to the kitchen. The windowsill is one of her favorite places. Too cold in winter. She usually enjoys lounging there until some time in November.

They are littermates, 16 years old this summer. Old enough to drive. Two more years til they can vote.
Lol!

Glad your tabby is okay.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I loved that post, too.

Lol!

Glad your tabby is okay.
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2024, 01:27 PM

Kitchen kitty decided a box that held a new toaster oven is her headquarters for now.

Living room kitty is on the bottom of a bookshelf.

They are 17 this year!

Old 04-09-2024, 04:10 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,322,529 times
Quote:
Kitchen kitty decided a box that held a new toaster oven is her headquarters for now.

Living room kitty is on the bottom of a bookshelf.

They are 17 this year!
Wow.

Our cat used to manage to paw open the linen closet door in the bathroom and would sleep in the back corner of the bottom shelf. I put some blankets in there for him. If I needed something from the closet, it always felt like it was his bedroom door or something. I would always warn him by quietly addressing him so I wouldn't just tear open the door while he was sleeping. I would open the door and he would just sit there looking at me. lol

Old 05-07-2024, 07:55 PM

136 posts, read 28,349 times
I have 3 .Two females and a big male.He owns me he won't let either upstairs and he follows me everywhere and sleeps with me.He's a Russian Blue.Hes the boss in my home.If he does go for a nap somewhere else he will meow at me for a few minutes and then go.Never had a cat like him.They are silver tipped gray cats with green eyes their eyes are special.They have a green lens thats noticable.I do notice there is a lot of communication between them going on without making a noise.

Last edited by Paul888; 05-07-2024 at 08:05 PM..

Old 05-09-2024, 10:55 AM

317 posts, read 258,540 times
This time of year the sun comes in through the front window and they LOVE that. They will sit on the bench or the floor in the sunlight and sleep for as long as it lasts.

Old 05-10-2024, 01:40 PM

4,548 posts, read 3,780,732 times
We have two black cats, 10 and 3 years old. The younger one likes to sleep on the dining room chair under the table, hidden by the tablecloth. The older ones sleeps on our bed up against the pillows, the queen of the bedroom.

Both love to be in our pool cage, which is a basically a large catio. It’s the next best thing to being outside. They can usually be found on a chair, under a chair, on top of the grill cover or arguing with a squirrel that comes to taunt them, or watching birds in a nearby bird bath. The older cat sleeps out there, the younger one is too jazzed up on patrol looking for small lizards to catch. He comes inside for a nap.

Jingles, the older gal, was outside today and as usual the younger guy, Pepper, was on the chair this afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats