Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 06:46 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times

Advertisements

Security cameras caught this house cat being surrounding in his own backyard by 3 coyotes. The cat aggressively defended himself and is just fine. Luckily the owner saw what was happening and ran outside and the coyotes ran away. It could have ended tragically.
After this encounter, he's now an indoor cat only. Good for him!!!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...three-coyotes/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 07:26 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,622,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Security cameras caught this house cat being surrounding in his own backyard by 3 coyotes. The cat aggressively defended himself and is just fine. Luckily the owner saw what was happening and ran outside and the coyotes ran away. It could have ended tragically.
After this encounter, he's now an indoor cat only. Good for him!!!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/vide...three-coyotes/
Max can really stand his ground can't he? LOL

Good for him!

Imagine if a human had this kind of toughness. He'd be Heavyweight Champ of the World, no doubt.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:31 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Oh my gosh, that could have ended SO differently (and SO tragically!!), with the humans finding their dead cat (or a cat head or leg or something) the next morning.

This is also timely for me because my neighborhood email list just had a post asking "Whose cat is this?" It's not mine -- all of mine are indoor-only and will be forever -- but it's a beautiful kitty that I've seen around the neighborhood. The human owner finally emailed the list saying "It's mine" but nothing else ... no "Sorry, we'll keep him indoors from now on" or "Sorry, we just realized how dangerous it is for cats out there" or anything. Just "he's ours." Well, he might not be for long if you let him roam freely around the neighborhood.

I posted that I've seen lots of foxes lately (including in my back yard in the last few days -- there were 3-4 of them, including some very young ones), and I know foxes don't often attack cats, but they certainly COULD and HAVE. And I know I would be absolutely devastated if one of my kitties got outside and I lost him or her forever.

Anyway, OP, thanks for posting. That video was pretty amazing.

Old 06-13-2020, 10:36 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
You can tell he is a fearless cat. Coyotes are pretty timid by nature. A cat that stands its ground will make life more difficult for them. I know my one cat would have done the same thing. He gives no ****s about anything and can be downright nasty and quite frankly scary if he is threatened. He’s made many an intrusive dog go squealing away in terror. My other one though, I would be concerned for him. Escape is his defense mechanism and he wouldn’t have fared well in this type of situation. Fortunately they’re both indoor kitties and I’m glad this family decided to do the same for Max. He couldn’t have held those three coyotes off forever.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:11 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,956,191 times
Smart people keep their cats inside.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:19 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
The owner was less than smart for putting their cat outside the backyard of a known coyote paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats