Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 09:07 AM

1,989 posts, read 956,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
There are other things such as never wearing gloves not one time in the 3 months she's been with us (not during toileting or any other time that is appropriate)

OMG NO!!! Absolutely not!!! Beyond gross!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 09:59 AM

4,246 posts, read 4,760,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
You might consider finding your town's Reddit sub and posting there.
I love Reddit!

I don't know why I didn't think of this

Old 04-10-2024, 09:23 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,454,278 times
Does your workplace have an EAP? They can often help with caregiving services. There are also services like Care.com.

Old 04-17-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Does your workplace have an EAP? They can often help with caregiving services. There are also services like Care.com.
They do actually.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:45 PM

740 posts, read 491,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
My aunt is in the PACE program. They can't get a shower person here early enough to have her ready for the bus when it comes to pick her up. She is able to stand with a walker and I had one bathroom remodeled with her in mind so that there is a bench at one end and a shower head on a hose. She has a metal walker to get in the shower with.

Have you called the social worker at PACE to talk about the issues you are having with the shower lady? I have not experienced any problems with the home care people, but I know the program is dependent on contractors getting and keeping staff.

For me it is a good program and they are now going to ad my Aunt to a waiting list to get into an assisted living facility. I don't get a day off, just the 5 hours 3 times a week that my aunt is at the facility. Burn out is a real thing.

I hope you can talk to the management at the facility your mother goes to and get things straightened out because you should have to remodel your house or let someone abuse your mother.
You're a full-time caretaker for your aunt? Wow - hats off to you. That's highly commendable to do such a thing for a non-immediate family member.

I don't know how you are coping. God bless you!

Old Today, 02:32 PM

So no replacement yet.

Today the caregiver showed up to the house and sat in the driveway for half an hour.

After opening the door twice and observing her being in her vehicle (I kept checking to see if she was here), I went ahead and began the process of just getting my mom ready myself since the caregiver was not coming in. While showering, the agency called to say the caregiver could not gain entry to the house. As they are saying this the caregiver walked in (because the door had been unlocked the whole time just as it is every day she comes and walks into the house through the unlocked front door).

It's not the first time she has pulled this - lying to the agency that she knocked but that I'm not answering. Essentially she got paid to sit in the driveway for that time while I got my mom ready

I politely asked her to please leave.

I know the agency stated that they're working on getting a replacement but PACE stated we could just try another agency. I'd rather do that because this is just not right. SMH

ETA: Last time I observed her getting my mom ready she washed her 'backside' while standing, then immediately put the same cloth in my mom's hand and told her to use it on her 'front parts'. And to think the agency stated today that 'she's one of their best aides'. What gives with this industry? It really is a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Caregiving