Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 11:50 AM

38 posts, read 25,304 times

Advertisements

With ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and now suspected breast cancer (Both nipples are crusty and one is weeping constantly. )
Is this rare? It's my daughters friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2024, 01:15 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Whether it's rare or not really doesn't matter does it? The symptoms you listed aren't exclusive to cancer. They could be complications of her autoimmune conditions (increased inflammatory symptoms during a flare) or her treatments for them. IIRC, medications used to treat autoimmune diseases like RA suppress the immune system. Those symptoms could certainly be due to an ongoing infection, not cancer. Hopefully she's pursuing a proper diagnosis.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Sort of a paraphrase of Occam's Razor:

https://www.yourdictionary.com/artic...s-occams-razor

Last edited by Parnassia; 01-04-2024 at 01:38 PM..

Old 01-04-2024, 03:30 PM

I do hope so. My daughter and her met through a support group for RA. I have met her as well and have grown fond of her. I know she had a chest xray recently for an unrelated issue and it was clear but that means nothing.

Old 01-05-2024, 10:33 AM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostNights View Post
With ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and now suspected breast cancer (Both nipples are crusty and one is weeping constantly. )
Is this rare? It's my daughters friend.

UC and RA begin in the digestive system - gut dysbiosis and/or leaky gut. reverse those conditions and should see dramatic improvement in symptoms, up to and including complete reversal

Old 01-05-2024, 03:48 PM

Sorry but that is nonsense. You cannot cure a chronic illness. The clue is in the name for heavens sake.

Old 01-07-2024, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostNights View Post
Sorry but that is nonsense. You cannot cure a chronic illness. The clue is in the name for heavens sake.

reject the ignorance, hit the homework

here's a link, be healed! -- https://www.city-data.com/forum/alte...egins-gut.html

Last edited by cheka; 01-07-2024 at 07:01 AM..

Old 01-07-2024, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
reject the ignorance, hit the homework

here's a link, be healed! -- https://www.city-data.com/forum/alte...egins-gut.html

please send this link to your daughter. also encourage her to bring it to her group. these protocols moved me from painful misery to pain-free joy. i see it as my calling to spread the word

Old 01-08-2024, 08:18 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
The breast issue sounds more like a hormonal issue than cancer. It's rare for breast cancer to present in both sides at the same time (only about 2% of all breast cancer cases), and also rare for crustiness to be a symptom. I would get that checked out but definitely not jump to the conclusion that it is cancer.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:55 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
The breast issue sounds more like a hormonal issue than cancer. It's rare for breast cancer to present in both sides at the same time (only about 2% of all breast cancer cases), and also rare for crustiness to be a symptom. I would get that checked out but definitely not jump to the conclusion that it is cancer.
Well, there is inflammatory BC that can create those symptoms but it is rare. Once again, given the person's ongoing autoimmune diseases, still more likely to be due to those and/or due to their treatments, not cancer.

https://www.healthline.com/health/in...t-cancer-signs

Old 01-09-2024, 04:19 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Well, there is inflammatory BC that can create those symptoms but it is rare. Once again, given the person's ongoing autoimmune diseases, still more likely to be due to those and/or due to their treatments, not cancer.

https://www.healthline.com/health/in...t-cancer-signs
Yes, it is POSSIBLE. Definitely needs to be checked out. But inflammatory breast cancer (IBC) is rare in itself, and extremely rare to present on both sides simultaneously. If someone is having no symptoms other than odd discharge/crustiness from both nipples, this is very unlikely to be IBC and highly likely to be a hormonal condition.

You know what they say about horses, not zebras.

Last edited by saibot; 01-09-2024 at 04:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Cancer