Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2024, 11:39 AM

8,804 posts, read 5,106,761 times

Advertisements

Looking for recommendations for hotels and dining near space center....and any tips, for our visit. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2024, 07:09 AM

3,981 posts, read 8,198,149 times
Since we live close we don't stay in hotels in Titusville, but there are the usual hotels along I-95 and the river . If you want to make it a beach stay you will need to go North or South since the Space Center takes up the whole beach East of Titusville. I do reccommend that during your stay on the Space Coast you check out the Canaveral National Sea Shore. There is a charge to enter, but the nature on the wildlife drive and the beach itself are beautiful. Florida at its best. If you do decide to visit the beach there, the last access is a clothes optional beach so may want to or not want to park there and go to one of the first accesses. The beach has great views of the gantries of the launch pads from access 1. There is no electricity or amenities on the beach except a port-o-pottie in a bunker at each access. Bring everything you will need.

A place I have always wanted to stay though is Casa Coquina del Mar Bed & Breakfast https://www.casacoquina.com/ It is located right behind Elleoncitos and gets good reviews.

As for restaurants in Titusville, we have 2 favorites El leoncito's a Cuban Mexican restaurant across from the VAB on US1. It s a good place to watch rockets from. https://www.elleoncito.com/titusville

The other place we go when up that way is Dixie Crossroads for seafood. https://dixiecrossroads.com/

https://www.pier220.com/ is also a good seafood spot

On I-95 of course there is a Cracker Barrell that we meet friends at for breakfast.

If you are looking for chains and never eaten at a Sonny's BBQ, they are pretty descent .

Old 03-17-2024, 07:47 PM

2,489 posts, read 1,570,704 times
I was very impressed. The space shuttle, the rocket suspended in the hanger, the computer control center, and the tour around the facility to view the launch sites were, well, amazing imho.

But the most moving experience was the area that included a memorial to the crew members who had died in service.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 600 times
I discovered the Sands Space History Centre near Canaveral Port, and the American Space Museum, Pine Street, Titusville.

I did not get a chance to check these out during my visit last year - part of the reason I am coming back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: