Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 06:28 AM

381 posts, read 279,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
I think the Western area? is actually a swamp and that is why it is unincorporated and not actually part of the city. Or do you remember the compound South of town that is undeveloped? Undeveloped and unincorporated are different things.
we were looking at houses NOT lots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 04:48 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,750,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Not sure shopping areas are considered safer areas of town here in Florida. Actually never really heard that before- even when I lived up North.

If you are working in Melbourne the better area are Suntree and Viera areas. You also should look into the towns beachside. In Palm Bay your better neighborhood would be Bayside or Turkey Creek areas. There is more shopping, restaurants in Melbourne. Palm Bay is more of a sleep city. More areas of Melbourne have city water and sewer instead of wells and septic. But you will find the whole county is actually home-well anyway we long timers do. Half the time you won't even know which town you are in. You may live in one town, work in another, go to lunch or dinner in another, kids may go to school in another etc. For example Palm Bay High school is actually in Melbourne.

As for $500,000 it will buy a bigger house in Palm Bay, but in the nicer areas it probably is not going to buy a similar house like you live in in other states. Here is a place to start https://www.spacecoastmls.com/consum...rty-search-mls
To OP/Tricon,
I agree with a lot of what RabMom is saying about Palm Bay/Melbourne. With $500K you have much more options. I wouldn't even bother with Palm Bay. Viera/Suntree is a fairly new planned housing development and new modern. If you want "in with the NEW and out with the OLD" then Viera is for you.

Viera has lots of shopping; all new developments including Walmart and across the street from I-95. One - to two miles from Walmart are the Government buildings and the Brevard County Courthouse is within arms reach. The Brevard Country Club and Brevard Zoo are nearby too. All the shopping you can possibly do is right there in area. There is a Health-First hospital right there.

The Melbourne airport would be 17 miles (south) from the Courthouse area driving on I-95 or taking the scenic route on Hwy US 1. You can go to you tube.com and search for Viera, FL. there are a few videos of the neighborhood.

I hope this helps in your journey to a new home. I've lived in Palm Bay and Melbourne since 2009.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:37 AM

I would like to share the Viera Voice newspaper website to show all about the area. It's really worth looking over.

Viera Voice Newspaper (click here)

Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times
Melbourne is the "city" with an actual downtown, somewhat historic core, and gridded streets.

Palm Bay is the "suburb" with no defined center and sprawled out residential development with curvy streets.

Old 10-11-2023, 05:35 PM

Downtown Melbourne, FL.

Main Street where the parade marches by. There are a few restaurants, pizza shops, and, gift shopping all walkable. The water side is behind Main Street where you can walk and eat pizza while looking at the water. It's nice to walk Downtown during the parade, or holiday festivals, and/or Sunday morning stroll. There used to be Matt Cashah outdoor dining - really good food and Meg O'Mailey bought out this place. I have not been to O'Mailey's. I did enjoy Cashah's outdoor dining, drinks, and music.

Downtown Melbourne, Florida

Restaurants:

There is a post office too. The American Legion Post 163 is nearby on Harbor City Blvd (Hwy US1) are involved with the parades and Friday Fish Fry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCPrFaVbRhI

Hope this helps.

Last edited by 2goldens; 10-11-2023 at 05:45 PM..

Old 10-15-2023, 07:36 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,546,655 times
I have family who lived in Melbourne for years and I visited often. I always liked being there. The last twenty or so years Viera sprang up. I felt every time I returned there was a new block of office buildings and commercial parks. New houses, new restaurants, new streets. Even with all the new developments it’s still a good size and the last time I was there did not feel too congested. A decent medium.

My family members moved across the way to Merritt Island. But I think I still like Melbourne better. It seems like a decent place to raise a family or retire to. Could use a bit more “culture,” perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County