Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 10:16 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times

Advertisements

Any Tiny Home owners or renters out there?

Or folks like myself who have dream't of living in one?

(1) If you are living in one, any tips to share?

(2) If you own one, what area of Brevard County is it located?

(3) If you are like me, wanting to live in one, why? I will share my why below

I retired in 2020 and have always had an interest in them from of course seeing them on TV and other media. I actually got to tour one here in Roanoke, Virginia where they are NOT zoned for. This one was on WHEELS and a one time situation on a RV sales lot. Ideally I want to head back to Brevard County in May 2023 to be nearer to my only child as I age. Lol, doubt I will be able to build one with the prices!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 05:54 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Inexpensive and may require special zoning. But many get tired of the lack of space. If you spend more time outside and less inside, this may not be an issue. But in Florida, when it's really hot for several months of the year, you will be inside with your AC running. That tiny home may drive you nuts after awhile. If you summer bird up north or are very active outside throughout the year, this may not be an issue. For me, I want some space and the ability to relax in different rooms in my house. Do more research before considering this lifestyle in Fl.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:44 AM

Excellent points Nypafl4u, thank you

Old 06-19-2022, 10:06 AM

About 1 month ago, FLORIDA TODAY did an article on Tiny Homes for Brevard County. Unfortunately the ONLINE version is for subscribers only. Here is the link below IF you are "interested and a subscriber".... Lol, hopefully I know what I am doing!!! The ARTICLE TITLE Brevard housing shortage: Could tiny home community be a solution?

https://www.floridatoday.com/restric...F9746763002%2F

Old 06-19-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
About 1 month ago, FLORIDA TODAY did an article on Tiny Homes for Brevard County. Unfortunately the ONLINE version is for subscribers only. Here is the link below IF you are "interested and a subscriber".... Lol, hopefully I know what I am doing!!! The ARTICLE TITLE Brevard housing shortage: Could tiny home community be a solution?

https://www.floridatoday.com/restric...F9746763002%2F
I do not think this is a SOLUTION for AFFORDABLE HOUSING. I looked at 2 Tiny Home Builders websites in Melbourne, Florida and Longwood, Florida and about had a heart attack when I saw the PRICES!!!! Hmmm, you would be paying about the same if not more for a NICE house = not a mansion/lol.

Movable Roots Tiny Home Builders located on Washburn in Melbourne ONLY sells them on WHEELS. I want a foundation.

Cornerstone Tiny Homes on Recycling Point in Longwood, Florida does have FOUNDATIONS.

The experts are saying it is best to have it BUILT outside of FLORIDA and transport it into Florida. Appareny $200 to $300 is ADDED as soon as it CROSSES the Florida STATE LINE.

That is a shame!!!

Anyway, like with all things in life, I am sure PRICES here in BREVARD county will decrease as folks lose interest and move on to something else.

I will be waiting.....

Old 06-19-2022, 10:39 AM

5,423 posts, read 3,482,156 times
How much are they? I can't read the article since I don't subscribe to Florida Today.

Old 06-19-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
How much are they? I can't read the article since I don't subscribe to Florida Today.
Lol, I do not subscribe either.

The prices would be on the Tiny Home Websites. I am heading that way to get prices now that there is some "interest"....

I will be back shortly

Old 06-19-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Hmmm, not sure IF these prices are set or just a starting point for MOVABLE ROOTS as I know tax, transport and stuff you want added does add up.

Their tiny homes on wheels ONLY, seem to start at 24' $108,000. 42' $188,000.

CORNERSTONE

503 square foot floor plans $126,000 plus tax and transport. Of course anything you want added or changed adds $.

I did not include links as I am NOT promoting them. Lol, need a job with Cornerstone.

Hope this helps!

Old 06-24-2022, 08:02 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
Hmmm, not sure IF these prices are set or just a starting point for MOVABLE ROOTS as I know tax, transport and stuff you want added does add up.

Their tiny homes on wheels ONLY, seem to start at 24' $108,000. 42' $188,000.

CORNERSTONE

503 square foot floor plans $126,000 plus tax and transport. Of course anything you want added or changed adds $.

I did not include links as I am NOT promoting them. Lol, need a job with Cornerstone.

Hope this helps!
You could live in and drive a Prevost for these outrageous prices!
Or use it for the half-year to visit your daughter/son and keep your current resistance for off-season months.

https://prevostmotorhomes.com/

Old 06-25-2022, 06:14 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
You could live in and drive a Prevost for these outrageous prices!
Or use it for the half-year to visit your daughter/son and keep your current resistance for off-season months.

https://prevostmotorhomes.com/
Prevost are beatiful but need a lot of upkeep. Also expensive per night to stay at most campgrounds, assuming her daughter doesn't have the space to house one of these buses. Interesting idea, but may be better to pull a nice trailer and use the tow vehicle once down here for getting around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County