Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 10:17 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,168,677 times

Advertisements

I just watched a pretty straight forward video on You Tube called Pros and Cons of Living in PalmBay. I don't think I can post a link because it is a realtor that posted it, but it is the best I have seen. Do a search on You Tube. He talks about some of the new developments, gives an idea of cost of buying and renting. He brought up some cons we rarely think about but things like no sidewalks in areas, and sometimes no street lights for blocks etc. which might be important to some. No street lights has been one thing we love though because it makes for beautiful night skies where you might even be able to see the Milky Way without a telescope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 11:11 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,227,369 times
Hi Rabflmom, and the snakes!!!! With Harris, I was up at the Cape, they lost the contract. Yes, those famous bidding wars for government contracts. Glad your son has dodged the bullet. Hmmm, maybe they need to use him as a guinea pig to figure out why some folks never get it. I am divorced and live alone with no family here in Virginia, so I have zero interest in catching it. My doctor said the last booster (the one for age 50+) didnot do what they "thought" it would. So it is back to the labs and another shot possible. I have had all 4. My daughter refuses to do anymore after getting really sick after her 1st. Yes, I will do a search on Youtube, I appreciate this!!!

Old 07-03-2022, 11:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,477 times
Well what can i say about Palm bay... I LOVE IT. We have been going to Palm Bay regularly since 2019, almost once a month. My brother move to Melbourne in 2016 and we move our parents to PB in 2018 and guess what, we just completed our new home in April 2022. We love Palm Bay, we're in South East, just off the I95, convenient to every shopping stores there is.
20mins to the beach you can't beat that.
During the worst of COVID we spent 6mths in Palm Bay and love it. The neighbors are nice, always waving whenever they pass. This was new to me, because i'm from NYC(Queens) and we're not accustomed to people being nice. Although Queens is the best borough in NYC
We have never encountered any type of vandalism or unruly behavior form people in PB. I did had a pitbull run out on me a few days ago during my morning walk. So maybe i need to have some kind of protecting on me in the future.
I don't think there's affordable housing anymore in PB, houses that was sold for $225K in 2017 now sells $400K, land that sold for $5k now $40k+.. I would say if you want to build a nice home in PB, it will cost you about $450k, so PB is no longer affordable.
All i can say, we love Palm Bay and hopefully we can be there permanently by September 2022. Anyone have questions on building a home in PB, please reach out, we had a difficult experience with our builder and wouldn't like anyone else to experience it. Hope to meet some of you on this forum page sometime.

GT

Old 07-03-2022, 12:09 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,227,369 times
gtmassive75, CONGRATS on your "new" home!!!!

Old 01-16-2023, 05:33 PM

35 posts, read 84,720 times
Default HOLIDAY PARK IN Palm Bay IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!

My husband and I were searching for an affordable rental in Brevard County and we couldn't find one anywhere. I finally located one in Palm Bay in a mobile home 55+ retirement community called Holiday Park. It is right off Malabar Rd. and just west of I-95. We have been here a month and we are quite happy here. The people are very refined and lovely and friendly. The park is very strict and there is a 24/7 guard at the gate. There are plenty of activities and a real sense of community. It is quiet as a mouse here and not one piece of paper on any streets or lawn areas. It is well kept. There is some road noise at night from Malabar Rd, but nothing horrible. We rented a mobile home that was built in 1973 so perhaps the newer ones are better insulated. We are so happy we found this little "sweet spot" in which to live and are very happy here. We are having a flea market/craft fair/ and bake sale combined on 1/28 so if you are curious about seeing what Palm Bay is all about, come on over and give it a look see. Go west on Malabar Rd at exit 176 and make a right about a mile later at the CVS on your right just past the Bank of America. It will dead end at the entrance to Holiday Park. They have both rentals and sales. The rentals are very strict and you have to apply to both the owner AND the Association. Two small dogs are allowed and if you have a cat you have to keep it inside all the time. There are also many snow birds here. We have only been here a month and it feels like we have been living here for a year already, we feel so at home. Hope this message helps someone who is desperate to find a place like we were!

Last edited by ActionMgt; 01-16-2023 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: add additional information and change Title
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County