Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,909 times

Advertisements

We recently moved to a 55+ community in Broomfield. Everything is perfect, except the horrendous noise from the Rocky Mountain Regional Airport... Lots of flight schools, etc. We didn't pay attention when we bought.

Any recommendations for other adjacent towns WITHOUT bad airport noise? We realize that NO airport noise is not an option, but this is going to cause us to move.

Last edited by gayla brockman; 08-24-2021 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: didn't complete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 06:18 PM

2,474 posts, read 2,695,452 times
I had an apartment temporarily in the south metro area right on the south end of Centennial airport. When I moved in they made me sign an acknowledgment that I knew I was moving into an airport zone. Should have been a red flag. The planes flew through the night, though someone told me there was a curfew. I never experienced it. I’d wake up every night.
Best thing I can recommend when looking at a property is go there at different times of the day and night and observe, not just airplanes, but lights, white noise and other interesting things.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:27 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
I recently moved to Aurora, CO, just north of your Centennial location, cheesehead. We have a military airbase here. They fly very noisy military jets of some kind all day. Generally, they start at 8 a.m. I think, but there was one day when for some reason, it started at 6 a.m.

I just try to be grateful, that the planes they're flying aren't the dreaded Growlers, that people on the north Olympic Peninsula in WA and surrounding areas have to put up with. They exceed allowable decibel levels, and there's been public protest, town hall meetings in that region, complaints filed by town authorities with the military, but nothing ever improves.

Old 09-22-2021, 11:08 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,694,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I recently moved to Aurora, CO, just north of your Centennial location, cheesehead. We have a military airbase here. They fly very noisy military jets of some kind all day. Generally, they start at 8 a.m. I think, but there was one day when for some reason, it started at 6 a.m.

I just try to be grateful, that the planes they're flying aren't the dreaded Growlers, that people on the north Olympic Peninsula in WA and surrounding areas have to put up with. They exceed allowable decibel levels, and there's been public protest, town hall meetings in that region, complaints filed by town authorities with the military, but nothing ever improves.
Ruth, also be grateful that there’s no horrid paper mill stench. Even the awful pet food/rendering fumes from north of Denver are not as bad.

The Denver area has a much broader economic base than the OP does, too. That could help prevent the noisies from steamrolling right over laws and people’s reasonable requests.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:21 AM

15 posts, read 18,857 times
I live in Lafayette. No real airport noise up here. Helicopters sometimes - I think the cops are training for the day when this is some kind of mass rich folks enclave. For now... hot air balloons sometimes... that's about it. Right now? The birds are chirping like crazy. Good luck with the racket!

One more thing - The Louisville/Lafayette wildfire thing. That's real, but you probably know that already.

kc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area