Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 10:37 AM

178 posts, read 510,008 times

Advertisements

So, having spent a decent amount of time visiting Colorado, and considering a move to Boulder or Fort Collins, I have heard that lots of Coloradoans don't care much for people in Boulder. Thinking they're snobbish, hive-mind type group that lacks diversity, yada, yada. Mind you, the folks i hear that from all seem to be of a similar feel as well... kind of just a less well-to-do version of that Boulder mentality...

I'm probably doing a horrible job of explaining the feel i get, and it doesn't really mean that much to me one way or the other... just curious if this makes sense?

Old 08-16-2021, 11:20 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
There's been a regular theme in these forums where some people knock Boulder but that is not deserved. The city is generally progressive, votes heavily for Democratic candidates, is a tech innovator, is a job creator, is a research center, and home to a major university all of which has led to some steep price appreciation as seen in Silicon Valley of California. The scenery and outdoor sports make it a big draw with fans of such things. People who can't afford it or don't fit in are usually the ones who post negative comments but such things are best ignored. FWIW: There's been cranky people bashing just about every city in the state, and in many other forums in many other states; ignore them, take what works for you and leave the rest. Make your relocation decision based on job prospects, commuting issues, housing costs, schools for your children (if any), and other preferences and interests.

Since threads like this always draw flies, I'm going to close it. There are many existing threads that contain much valid info for any specific questions you may have; find them easy with our search tool, or start a new thread to seek info on a specific issue or question.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-16-2021 at 11:56 AM..
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area