Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 10:02 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,419,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Could it have been less damaging if someone in the store had a concealed weapon? I personally think so but we'll never know.
The first responder, the police officer was certainly armed and probably was able to shoot the shooter before he was killed. First person on the scene, I gather.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:04 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
The first responder, the police officer was certainly armed and probably was able to shoot the shooter before he was killed. First person on the scene, I gather.
The shooter ate at least two rounds. Too bad one wasn't center mass and ended it sooner.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:08 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,906,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Without jumping too much into the fire here..

What happened yesterday was a absolute tragedy. My condolences to all of the families and people involved. I couldn't imagine being in that scenario. Unfortunately these days, you are not safe anywhere.

Could it have been less damaging if someone in the store had a concealed weapon? I personally think so but we'll never know.
I don't buy this line of thinking. The average Barney Fife with a concealed carry permit does not have the tactical training necessary to be of any real benefit during an active shooter situation. He/she is just as likely to be mistakenly gunned down by the police or kill innocent civilians than take out the perp(s).

Old 03-23-2021, 10:10 AM

15,423 posts, read 9,102,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
They are worse than worthless. They create complacency until the next mass shooting and then more prayers. Prayers and inaction will never lead to any change.
Don't forget the candlelight vigils. I bet they are going to have a really nice candlelight vigil in Boulder next weekend, and it will make everybody who attends feel all warm and good, about 10 people being murdered. The whole mentality of these cycles of mass-killings, followed by thoughts and prayers, followed by candlelight vigils, followed by complacency is so messed up. It's like people thrive off of this type of violence, these days.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:11 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I don't buy this line of thinking. The average Barney Fife with a concealed carry permit does not have the tactical training necessary to be of any real benefit during an active shooter situation. He/she is just as likely to be mistakenly gunned down by the police or kill innocent civilians than take out the perp(s).
Well, a no weapons allowed sign sure isn't working. All it does is tell a mass shooter it's a shooting gallery possibility. We will never have a completely unarmed populace with over 500 million firearms so......

Old 03-23-2021, 10:29 AM

15,423 posts, read 9,102,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, a no weapons allowed sign sure isn't working. All it does is tell a mass shooter it's a shooting gallery possibility. We will never have a completely unarmed populace with over 500 million firearms so......
Yeah, right. I'm sure he prepared for this by first walking around Boulder looking for stores with "no weapons allowed" signs.

When was the last time you heard of a mass-shooting inside an airport, or a federal building? Keeping guns out, works. That is why they are prohibited in sensitive areas.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:29 AM

22,352 posts, read 29,470,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
You don't need tactical training to fire a weapon. I am not some Barney Fife with a gun. I am very experienced in shooting my weapons. Time is of the essence here. I can pull mine out in less than 10 seconds or everyone can wait 2-5+ minutes for the police to arrive. What situation would you like to be in??

Old 03-23-2021, 10:32 AM

327 posts, read 211,617 times
Shooter was originally a Syrian national, this won’t be in the news for very long since he wasn’t white. It also doesn’t help no victims were black either so BLM can step in and “peacefully protest”

Old 03-23-2021, 10:38 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,999,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
Shooter was originally a Syrian national, this won’t be in the news for very long since he wasn’t white. It also doesn’t help no victims were black either so BLM can step in and “peacefully protest”
Well, 10 people dying will keep it there for a bit, but they probably will focus on victims more and the shooter less due to it doesn't fit their narrative. Good point.

Old 03-23-2021, 10:47 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,999,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Have they been increasing under Biden? You have a 3 month sample size.

You think that BLM caused this? Talk about a reach. Get out of the Colorado forum. You have no business here.
I provided a link that has a lot of statistics. Here it is again.

https://www.jns.org/opinion/black-li...ass-shootings/

Do I think there is a difference in Biden vs. Trump with mass shootings? It is much too early to tell, but my gut feeling says there will be very little difference. The BLM/Anti-police movement is more a cause that will show a huge increase in crazy acting people because they feel they are being attacked. Read the link. It isn't really about the presidents, it is about media and how media is used to create crazy actions. BLM is a race focused group that attacked white people. BLM has morphed into gay rights/LBGT thing more than for the black community at this point. Anyone that wants to yell at others for the most part. This has been created by the media/social media machine. We are all lab rats if you look at how short of time the Internet has been around. It is going to cost us, but maybe our on line banking/shopping is so great that we will always overlook what we are doing to each other on our media devices.

Good luck out there. I suspect we will have a new mass shooting to look at soon somewhere. The new norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area