Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 09:28 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Again, no source, no evidence, just talk, talk, talk. Walmart changed it's open carry policy in 2019, AFTER the deadly shootings in TX and Mississippi. Before that open carry was allowed. So why that didn't prevent the mass shooting in the first place?

Okay, let's just go with your bogus story that Walmart doesn't allow open carry. So basically only open carry provides protection from a mass shooter? Walmart hasn't changed it's concealed carry policy.

So AGAIN what is it? Is it concealed carry that saves lives? Open carry? Is it guns? Or people? Or is just bad people of color? Your stories change every time. What doesn't change are these mass shootings where people just die because someone could easily get an assault rifle, walk into a grocery store, cinema, church, college classroom, high school, middle school,..... elementary school. That doesn't change, and your useless "thoughts and prayers"...
Just keep blaming everyone that owns a legal firearm. That surely is a solution. Assault rifle, really? It's already been explained above. Good Lord.

Wiilllllllllllllllsoooooonnnnnnnnnnn

Old 03-23-2021, 09:44 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,557,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Milwaukee Coors Brewery Shooting, Milwaukee, Wisconsin (5 dead)

Virginia Beach Municipal Shooting, Virginia Beach, Virginia (12 dead)

Virginia Tech Shooting, Blacksburg, Virginia (33 dead)

Shall I go on?

Non-white perpetrators - what is their excuse?

Oh, I know. Whites MADE them do it.

This is societal breakdown period, not a race issue.
I think that there is a racial angle to mass shooting suspects. Even so, it is almost always used by people to explain away or downplay urban violent crime—a far more common problem that we are all more likely to be a victim of than a mass shooting.

White people are more likely to grow up with and be exposed to different types of firearms than minorities who are generally only exposed to handguns.

Further, I read an article in the Denver Post that had a quote from someone, presumably a Millennial, who nonchalantly insinuated that mass shootings were a unique part of the Millennial experience. Mass shootings have been occurring in the United States and elsewhere since the Wild West and before.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:46 AM

1,204 posts, read 779,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Just keep blaming everyone that owns a legal firearm. That surely is a solution. Assault rifle, really? It's already been explained above. Good Lord.

Wiilllllllllllllllsoooooonnnnnnnnnnn
So you basically have NOTHING to say to that? When did I blame everyone that owns a legal firearm? You basically made a bold and distasteful statement about places that do not allow open carry. Then I gave you an example that open carry isn't a cure, and you come back with this? Of course you do. This is such an immature response. Have nothing to say? Just say something like "blame everyone who owns guns", "guns are just objects"... or just go with whataboutism. No solution, no counter argument. All y'all are just trolls with a few old talking points. You can't even have a discussion.

Have a good day, sir. I have no patience to argue with a bitter, angry person who can't even hold a decent discussion, or one who makes terrible observations about victims, and blames everyone but the shooters themselves. Shame on you.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:47 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
Prayers are worthless.
Prayers are NEVER WORTHLESS!!

Old 03-23-2021, 09:48 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Mass shootings are not indicative of an area’s relative safety. There are fragile white dudes with AR-15s everywhere.
It ain't just white dudes, Bozo! Your comment is racist.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
So you basically have NOTHING to say to that? When did I blame everyone that owns a legal firearm? You basically made a bold and distasteful statement about places that do not allow open carry. Then I gave you an example that open carry isn't a cure, and you come back with this? Of course you do. This is such an immature response. Have nothing to say? Just say something like "blame everyone who owns guns", "guns are just objects"... or just go with whataboutism. No solution, no counter argument. All y'all are just trolls with a few old talking points. You can't even have a discussion.

Have a good day, sir. I have no patience to argue with a bitter, angry person who can't even hold a decent discussion, or one who makes terrible observations about victims, and blames everyone but the shooters themselves. Shame on you.
It's hard to have a discussion about firearms, with people that know nothing about firearms but pretend to yet their postings prove otherwise. Let's just leave it at that.

Stores post signs when they won't allow firearms. They don't post signs stating they allow them. People should have the option of being armed in public because we do have occasional mass shootings. Regardless, the chance of being killed in a mass shooting are less than 1/10th of 1%.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:52 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,425,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
They are worse than worthless. They create complacency until the next mass shooting and then more prayers. Prayers and inaction will never lead to any change.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:56 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,092,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Then why with so much thoughts and prayers after each one of these mass-shootings, does the situation just keep getting worse, and worse, and worse? Unless, maybe that's what people are praying for, more violence?

Old 03-23-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I think that there is a racial angle to mass shooting suspects. Even so, it is almost always used by people to explain away or downplay urban violent crime—a far more common problem that we are all more likely to be a victim of than a mass shooting.

White people are more likely to grow up with and be exposed to different types of firearms than minorities who are generally only exposed to handguns.

Further, I read an article in the Denver Post that had a quote from someone, presumably a Millennial, who nonchalantly insinuated that mass shootings were a unique part of the Millennial experience. Mass shootings have been occurring in the United States and elsewhere since the Wild West and before.
Well, since most people in the US are white that would be expected now wouldn't it? But, I agree it's a rural thing. If you look at mass shootings by race it pretty much reflects the populace by percentage exactly.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Old 03-23-2021, 09:58 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Without jumping too much into the fire here..

What happened yesterday was a absolute tragedy. My condolences to all of the families and people involved. I couldn't imagine being in that scenario. Unfortunately these days, you are not safe anywhere.

Could it have been less damaging if someone in the store had a concealed weapon? I personally think so but we'll never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area