Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 08:08 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
As per usual, Trump supporter get very selective about factual info.
Seems you do as well. See my above post. MOST violent crime per capita would overwhelmingly be black shooters/stabbers. Mass shootings seems to be about a wash with maybe a little more per capita committed by black shooters.

Selectivity seems to be used by both extremes. Always look at real numbers for the answer for the future.

Take care out there.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:10 AM

6,821 posts, read 10,515,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Hasn't anyone noticed

- During the Trump Administration, hardly any shootings or terrorist acts.

- Biden comes in, we are having one per month.

Give me a break.
There were a lot of shootings during Trump's administration. However, during the pandemic lockdowns, they virtually stopped.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:11 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Hasn't anyone noticed

- During the Trump Administration, hardly any shootings or terrorist acts.

- Biden comes in, we are having one per month.

Give me a break.
Maybe the you should take your BS mis-information campaign to the political forum, where anybody actually gives a damn, and nobody is likely to fact check you.

Quote:
Fresno downtown shooting Fresno, California 4/18/2017 3 dead
Rural Ohio nursing home shooting Kirkersville, Ohio 5/12/2017 3 dead
Florida awning manufacturer shooting Orlando, Florida 6/5/2017 5 dead
Pennsylvania supermarket shooting Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania 6/7/17 3 dead
San Francisco UPS shooting San Francisco, California 6/14/17 3 dead
Las Vegas Strip massacre Las Vegas, Nevada 10/1/17 58 dead
Edgewood businees park shooting Edgewood, Maryland 10/18/17 3 dead
Walmart shooting in suburban Denver Thornton, Colorado 11/1/17 3 dead
Texas First Baptist Church massacre Sutherland Springs, Texas 11/5/17 26 dead
Rancho Tehama shooting spree Rancho Tehama, California 11/14/17 5 dead
Pennsylvania carwash shooting Melcroft, Pennsylvania 1/28/18 4 dead
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting Parkland, Florida 2/14/18 17 dead
Yountville veterans home shooting Yountville, California 3/9/18 3 dead
Waffle House shooting Nashville, Tennessee 4/22/18 4 dead
Santa Fe High School shooting Santa Fe, Texas 5/18/18 10 dead
Capital Gazette shooting Annapolis, Maryland 6/28/18 5 dead
Fifth Third Center shooting Cincinnati, Ohio 9/6/18 3 dead
T&T Trucking shooting Bakersfield, California 9/12/18 5 dead
Rite Aid warehouse shooting Perryman, Maryland 9/20/18 3 dead
Tree of Life synagogue shooting Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 10/27/18 11 dead
Thousand Oaks nightclub shooting Thousand Oaks, California 11/7/18 12 dead
Mercy Hospital shooting Chicago, Illinois 11/19/18 3 dead
SunTrust bank shooting Sebring, Florida 1/23/19 5 dead
Pennsylvania hotel bar shooting State College, Pennsylvania 1/24/19 3 dead
Harry Pratt Co. warehouse shooting Aurora, Illinois 2/15/19 5 dead
Virginia Beach municipal building shooting Virginia Beach, Virginia 5/31/19 12 dead
Gilroy garlic festival shooting Gilroy, California 7/28/19 3 dead
El Paso Walmart mass shooting El Paso, Texas 8/3/19 22 dead
Dayton entertainment district shooting Dayton, Ohio 8/4/19 9 dead
Odessa-Midland shooting spree Odessa, Texas 8/31/19 7 3 dead
Pensacola Naval base shooting Pensacola, Florida 12/6/19 3 dead
Jersey City kosher market shooting Jersey City, New Jersey 12/10/19 4 dead
Molson Coors shooting Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2/26/20 5 dead
Springfield convenience store shooting Springfield, Missouri 3/16/20 4 dead
US Mass Shootings, 1982-2021_ Data From Mother Jones’ Investigation – Mother Jones

Old 03-23-2021, 08:26 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
As soon as the Covid started to die down the shootings have returned. That doesn't surprise me. Nor will the Politicians offering their thoughts and prayers. Yet nothing at all will be done. That is a certainty. Oh I do think Biden will try to do something. However he will be stopped in his tracks. Obama tried after Sandy Hook and got no where. If this country couldn't control these shootings after Sandy Hook. Then it doesn't care plain and simple.

All I know is this the US has become a pathetically sick and selfish country. Far to many people and Politicians don't care. I'm not being fooled. They care more about these assault rifles than people in public places. People that end up getting killed at schools, stores, the movies. The places are endless. Yet nothing at all is done because it's not important, to enough of the population to stop it.

I hope myself or family never will be a victim of these shootings. If sadly it ever happened. These worthless politicians and their followers, can keep their thoughts and prayers and choke on them.

I'm sick of people adding two cents when they know nothing about the Constitution and/or firearms. Assault rifle? Come on man. Places that don't allow people to carry firearms to protect themselves usually become shooting galleries. Boulder is one of them.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:33 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Your link isn't a very good defense regarding if mass shootings are rising at even a higher rate during Biden.

Personally, I think violence has increased a lot since BLM and the anti-police movement started. That was when things really got going IMHO. We have always had mass shootings, but they are almost the norm now. Why? The media is making people nuts with the agendas they spew.

Hope Boulder heals okay. Shame, but this stuff is getting more normalized and part of life now.

I think BLM is having a huge negative effect on a lot of people's mental health. Makes sense.

https://www.jns.org/opinion/black-li...ass-shootings/
Quote:
You are forgetting a convenient detail.

USA
76% white
13.4% black

That being said, per capita looks like your point wouldn't work in a courtroom. Good try though.
Have they been increasing under Biden? You have a 3 month sample size.

You think that BLM caused this? Talk about a reach. Get out of the Colorado forum. You have no business here.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:40 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,330 times
I dream of the day when healthcare is easier to access than this story. I’ll hold my tongue until the details come out, but I’ll just say that for anyone who went to school post-Columbine, the pattern is glaringly obvious. Political leanings and guns are a part of this conversation, but IMHO they’re two small cogs in the machine of random violence.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:45 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,614,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
so much violence in Colorado...what a shame.
I thought the magazine capacity limits Colorado implemented were supposed to prevent this type of tragedy?

Old 03-23-2021, 08:46 AM

9,526 posts, read 16,510,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm sick of people adding two cents when they know nothing about the Constitution and/or firearms. Assault rifle? Come on man. Places that don't allow people to carry firearms to protect themselves usually become shooting galleries. Boulder is one of them.
Well I really am not concerned what your sick of, nor am I surprised by your comment. Let me make that quite clear. However I do care about this thread and keeping it open. I'm well aware how quickly the moderators close threads. So I am not going to contribute to their reasons to shut this one down.

Your entitled to your comments just as I am but remember. You have no idea when you make a comment like that, that someone that has lost someone in a shooting isn't reading it.

So lets keep just keep it civil. I won't mention my views on Assault Rifles.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:48 AM

1,204 posts, read 777,671 times
Quote:
Seems you do as well. See my above post. MOST violent crime per capita would overwhelmingly be black shooters/stabbers. Mass shootings seems to be about a wash with maybe a little more per capita committed by black shooters.

Selectivity seems to be used by both extremes. Always look at real numbers for the answer for the future.

Take care out there.

Show me data. Without data you are no different than Fox News. Which you probably consume in huge doses.

Also, take your anti-BLM rhetoric somewhere else. This thread isn't about that.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:50 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Reports coming in of a shooting at King Soopers supermarket in Boulder at 3600 Table Mesa Drive, at around 2:30 p.m..

CNN has a page of the developing story.

Early reports are that one policeman has been killed.

The WaPo also has a page on the incident indicating there may be more than one location involved.

The Boulder Daily Camera reports SIX DEAD at the supermarket and one suspect in custody.
This is SO SAD! May all these souls rest in peace and God bless their families, friends and acquaintances.

To Dems and the liberal media: Don't blame this on President Trump! YOUR man is the "BIG GUY" NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area