Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2024, 08:40 AM

1,066 posts, read 782,609 times

Advertisements

Good read: Downtown Boise continues growth, with focus on west side

Personally, I love seeing the new buildings going up in downtown. It's not for everyone, I get it. But growth and density *should* be concentrated downtown. Apartments, retail, food, businesses... it all works together.

It's an amazing blessing that downtown Boise is thriving when so many downtowns are struggling with high vacancy and low foot traffic. We bike to downtown often and I'm always blow away by how clean, safe, and vibrant it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2024, 06:00 PM

1,066 posts, read 782,609 times
Anyway, back on topic (really, Denver has nothing to do with Boise), here's a nice summary of the changes in the pipeline: Downtown Boise’s $340M transformation: ‘It’s just the beginning’

Quote:
Projects include a blend of hotels, mixed-use residential spaces, and new streetscape projects that are expected to enhance downtown biking and walking experiences. This transformation is expected to unfold over the next 12 to 15 months, and according to Tim Keane, director of planning and development at the City of Boise, things are just getting started.
It's great to see formerly empty lots and surface parking converted to more beneficial uses. As someone who live adjacent to downtown, I'm excited for new businesses to go in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area