Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 02:20 PM

492 posts, read 235,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
A whole cooked chicken at Costco is $4.99. Same at Sam's club.
They are really small. You folks see the crazy murder by some nut in horeshoe bend. A random act of violence and a 12 year old boy killed in his trailer. Some guy from emmet drove into this trailer park started screaming, end of the world and shooting. Shot through a trailer, hit a young boy. Then got in his car and rammed the propane tank. My prayers to the family, it's not right.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/sho...horseshoe-bend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 03:25 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,703,581 times
Default Virus madness..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Agree! Liberal media is pushing pandemonium especially in election year. Turn off the news!

I have a compromised immune system and I am doing what I have always done AFA hygiene. Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Y2K, Eboli, etc.

Speaking to you 2 days after your post, let me ask you to get back to us so as to review your words in another 2 days.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:24 PM

5,587 posts, read 5,029,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
They are really small. You folks see the crazy murder by some nut in horeshoe bend. A random act of violence and a 12 year old boy killed in his trailer. Some guy from emmet drove into this trailer park started screaming, end of the world and shooting. Shot through a trailer, hit a young boy. Then got in his car and rammed the propane tank. My prayers to the family, it's not right.

https://idahonews.com/news/local/sho...horseshoe-bend
Those are big chickens. Whole cooked roasted chickens. The Sam's Club rotissories chicken even taste better than Costco's.

Old 03-17-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Those are big chickens. Whole cooked roasted chickens. The Sam's Club rotissories chicken even taste better than Costco's.
I got a winco chicken cooked, it was size of a cornish game hen. costco is way on other side of town

Old 03-17-2020, 09:38 AM

32,668 posts, read 48,116,742 times
Quote:
A whole cooked chicken at Costco is $4.99. Same at Sam's club.

I suggest that you stay out of Costco right now. It's a mad house.

Old 03-17-2020, 10:28 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,478,193 times
FWIW.....some better news for a change.

Testing has now expanded to 84 state and local health departments across the country and the numbers of tests being run in the US has skyrocketed. See graph and info here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ing-in-us.html

And, 4 volunteers near Seattle have been injected with a vaccine to start testing that:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51906604

Old 03-17-2020, 12:01 PM

133 posts, read 289,825 times
Maybe we should stop trying to flatten the curve in the Treasure Valley? As of this morning, there are only 7 confirmed cases of COVID-19. This is easily handled by our area health care facilities. The whole purpose of all these restrictions is to space out the epidemic so that our health care systems don't get overrun. With the exception of NYC and LA, this is not currently necessary. The waiting and lack of economic activity is going to do far more harm at this point.

The Corona virus will never go away in our lifetime. We just have to deal with it the way we deal with the flu, by using good hygiene. Hopefully, it is seasonal and hopefully we will develop a seasonal vaccine. You WILL come in contact with it. When you do, it will either grow on you or it won't. You may develop some immunity to it. You may get it again and again. But once we get over the fear, we will wonder why we had to shut down every aspect of our lives over it.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I suggest that you stay out of Costco right now. It's a mad house.
Im sure Costco is a mad house. I don't even like going there when it's not. Folks are afraid and seeking comfort as they know best. i could really care less about catching this virus. Some folks have no symptoms, 80% have mild symptoms. These statistics does not make it a vicious strain.

The deaths are minimal. The media campaign worldwide blitzcrieg is what is alarming. Forget about this virus. It's what the information flow folks are doing via the media that is scary.

Old 03-17-2020, 12:41 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,940 times
I just got back from Fred Meyer. They have fresh produce, but NO frozen vegetables, NO chicken, and NO beef.

Luckily I have chicken in the freezer for 3 or 4 more days, and the meat guy said they should have more in tomorrow or the next day.

I didn't even check toilet paper, but I'm betting those shelves are still empty.

Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
I just got back from Fred Meyer. They have fresh produce, but NO frozen vegetables, NO chicken, and NO beef.

Luckily I have chicken in the freezer for 3 or 4 more days, and the meat guy said they should have more in tomorrow or the next day.

I didn't even check toilet paper, but I'm betting those shelves are still empty.
Thanks. I think that is the thing to do, check with the clerks. Find out when the shipments come in and when the food (meat and chicken) will be out on the shelves and hit it then. I got meat Sunday night at winco. It was going fast though and I am sure it was gone by the close.

Otherwise it's just wasted gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area