Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 03:17 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,603 times

Advertisements

Not one confirmed case yet in Idaho, and Gov Little declared a state of emergency. He said it gives him more access to supplies that will be needed when it hits.

I just got back from Fred Meyer and literally every single roll of toilet paper was sold. Not one on the shelf. Luckily I buy mine from walmart.com and I have enough for another couple months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 03:42 PM

492 posts, read 235,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Not one confirmed case yet in Idaho, and Gov Little declared a state of emergency. He said it gives him more access to supplies that will be needed when it hits.

I just got back from Fred Meyer and literally every single roll of toilet paper was sold. Not one on the shelf. Luckily I buy mine from walmart.com and I have enough for another couple months.
It was a smart move on the Gov Little's part. I mean the panic is here. Besides the fed gov did the same. i was thinking of going to winco just to see what is going on. Luckily I don't need anything. I never thought I would see a run on toilet paper.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:45 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,160,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
It was a smart move on the Gov Little's part. I mean the panic is here. Besides the fed gov did the same. i was thinking of going to winco just to see what is going on. Luckily I don't need anything. I never thought I would see a run on toilet paper.
Pun intended?

You don't realize how many brands and varieties are available until you see huge bare spots on the shelves. We are spoiled.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Pun intended?

You don't realize how many brands and varieties are available until you see huge bare spots on the shelves. We are spoiled.
No pun, We are spoiled. I just don't understand why folks need toilet paper in excess amounts. I always said that I would never watch the news until I went to Winco and the aisles would be bare. Guess what , today they were. I usually shop at 6am and the store is empty. Today was different. Folks walking around with masks and gloves. Folks are scared. I am not. I could care less about the corona virus. I bet you the booze section is empty as folks drink like fish out here.

I hope a lot of folks dont get laid off. I was going to get carpet installed soon but now the store cancelled the spring sale. I will wait now though. Recession is here.

Old 03-13-2020, 05:17 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,477,582 times
Quote:
It's Baloney.
What's baloney? The mortatlity rate seen so far? May we know your age range?

Old 03-13-2020, 07:51 PM

661 posts, read 834,852 times
Quote:
We have zero cases in Idaho so far of Corona Virus. .

Not anymore. She probably brought it in from California

Idaho reports first confirmed coronavirus case. It involves a woman in Ada County

https://www.idahostatesman.com/livin...240956606.html

Old 03-13-2020, 11:59 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,699,708 times
How many hospitals does the Boise metro area have anyway? Good Quality hospitals that can handle a major coronavirus outbreak if it happens there? Thank you

Everyone stay safe & healthy

Old 03-14-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
How many hospitals does the Boise metro area have anyway? Good Quality hospitals that can handle a major coronavirus outbreak if it happens there? Thank you

Everyone stay safe & healthy
The last thing you want to do is go to a hospital when you are sick. They will do nothing for a virus. 50k folks die every year from a disease they get while at the hospital receiving treatment for something else.

I think we have a few. I am not sure as I never go.

Winco at 5am was packed with a line all the way outside around to the back. Everyone went to the toilet paper aisle first. No chicken or meat except for certain roasts. I grabbed a pizza as I did all my shopping all week every morning. Folks are hunkered down. If you waited until today to shop you will not get most items.
I could see the store empty soon. the nice clerk did tell me 2 trucks were coming in today. So maybe in the morning on Sunday.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:08 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,676,259 times
Quote:
It's Baloney. 80% have little to no symptoms. Some don't even know they have it.
Agree! Liberal media is pushing pandemonium especially in election year. Turn off the news!

I have a compromised immune system and I am doing what I have always done AFA hygiene. Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Y2K, Eboli, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area