Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:59 PM

123 posts, read 748,130 times

Advertisements

Wow. That youtube clip was just what I needed to see. I'm trying to pick a state to settle down in. I am considering the Dakotas, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska. Guess I can cross Idaho off my list. I can shot at by mexicans here in Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 AM

12 posts, read 81,953 times
Nampa resident here and have no gang problems like other places. Most here are wannabe's. Yes if you want to live in fear you can do that anywhere wheather its big city or small town. Good morning forum and think I am going to love it here. Phizless

Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 AM

68,347 posts, read 54,470,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phizless View Post
Nampa resident here and have no gang problems like other places. Most here are wannabe's. Yes if you want to live in fear you can do that anywhere wheather its big city or small town. Good morning forum and think I am going to love it here. Phizless

I'd be interested in hearing more about Nampa, either in or off list. Best parts?, downtown atmosphere?, general daily life?, etc.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM

174 posts, read 430,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeDelSol View Post
The Nampa-Caldwell area is rather small and the locals are involved in protecting their communities. I don't think the average Idaho city is going to let things get as far out of hand as California. And most of us natives are far better armed and far better shots than any scumbag gansta punk. Californians aren't allowed to protect themselves and most wouldn't know how to even if they were. Idahoans don't have that problem.
You're pattin' yourself on the back pretty hard, podnah.....I assume you saw this ...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AF__WPjaA1U .....I have recently moved from Eureka, CA.... That town was JUST LIKE ALL OF the small towns like Nampa-Caldwell.

If you don't get a handle on this sh&* NOW, it'll be too late. It might already be. In Temple Tx, an old timer I knew said "every once in a while some hot-shot shows up, ready to try and start some kinda sh&*. They usually find a piece of a red or blue handkerchief stuck on a cactus 20 miles outta town a couple of months later!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:01 PM
KB1

8 posts, read 22,987 times
That video could have been taped in almost any town in this nation with 300k folks or less. That was the reason it was supposed to be so eye opening, the fact that it was Idaho, rural, small town. It will stay a problem as long as the poeple with the resources, the rich for thier money and connections, the police for thier power, the teachers for their ability to educate, the former members and prisoners for their abilty to show what the consequences are. The mothers and fathers of those people for their abiltity to convey the sadness in thier eyes, the property owners for their ability to supply alternate means of keeping these lost kids busy. The churches (of what ever kind) for the same thing, and of course the ones responsible, only they in the end can make the change. As long as good people are willing to sacrifice things will get better. A town, a community is only as good as the sum of its parts. Every blind eye, or head turned is just as bad as the action being hid from.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
That video could have been taped in almost any town in this nation with 300k folks or less. That was the reason it was supposed to be so eye opening, the fact that it was Idaho, rural, small town. It will stay a problem as long as the poeple with the resources, the rich for thier money and connections, the police for thier power, the teachers for their ability to educate, the former members and prisoners for their abilty to show what the consequences are. The mothers and fathers of those people for their abiltity to convey the sadness in thier eyes, the property owners for their ability to supply alternate means of keeping these lost kids busy. The churches (of what ever kind) for the same thing, and of course the ones responsible, only they in the end can make the change. As long as good people are willing to sacrifice things will get better. A town, a community is only as good as the sum of its parts. Every blind eye, or head turned is just as bad as the action being hid from.
So easy, even a caveman can do it! (What did you just say?)

If everyone had wings, then no one would bump their butt hoppin?

Old 05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
KB1

8 posts, read 22,987 times
Hey cavemen don't like being picked on, haven't you seen the commercials? Also the proper use of the saying is "if a frog had wings", but that is the Southern version I suppose.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
Hey cavemen don't like being picked on, haven't you seen the commercials? Also the proper use of the saying is "if a frog had wings", but that is the Southern version I suppose.
LOL. I know its frogs, but I didn't want to sound too technical. And cavemen stink!

I still sorrily believe that once a gangsta ambiance grabs a small town, unless the citizens quickly and AGGRESSIVELY take it out, then it will grow like a cancer. I lived in Eureka for years, and everyone talked about the wanna-bes, and 'no problem' etc. Now, its truly getting to be dangerous in some parts. Just another plus for ID, and TX. Fewer transgressions occur when the transgressor isn't positive you are not carrying a Desert Eagle 40! Some of the people (and some are police, parole, probation, etc) I know wish they would have 'quashed' this problem when it was a baby, because now its going to be tough to regain ground. Kinda like fighting rats, or roaches!

Old 05-26-2007, 01:20 AM

121 posts, read 738,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middleoftheroad View Post
I still sorrily believe that once a gangsta ambiance grabs a small town, unless the citizens quickly and AGGRESSIVELY take it out, then it will grow like a cancer. I lived in Eureka for years, and everyone talked about the wanna-bes, and 'no problem' etc. Now, its truly getting to be dangerous in some parts. Just another plus for ID, and TX. Fewer transgressions occur when the transgressor isn't positive you are not carrying a Desert Eagle 40! Some of the people (and some are police, parole, probation, etc) I know wish they would have 'quashed' this problem when it was a baby, because now its going to be tough to regain ground. Kinda like fighting rats, or roaches!
This is why we have state issued permits to carry in Idaho. And we can use mobile scanners in personal vehicles so we can be aware of where current crimes are being committed. There is also a well organized citizens watch here.
Like I said before, Californians are not allowed to take care of themselves. We are and we do. This part of the state isn't going to fall to the cretins any time soon. My new California neighbors down the block are learning this already. They've been busted for urinating in public in front of their house and I caught one of them throwing beer bottles the other night. And this is a middle class family. There don't appear to be any gang banger wannabes hanging around yet but they're under close watch. There are lots of little kids in this area and we're not going to stand for any crap like that. Any time they get out of line I'm going to stomp all over them, legally speaking.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:07 AM

110 posts, read 573,160 times
My neighbour is a Cop and he is part of the anti-gang police in Nampa. The situation is real and there are cops assigned to deal with the gangs and to prevent gang violence. They actually watch the high school kids carefully as they join the gangs early and I know Nampa High has been trying hard to teach kids to stay away from gangs. Of course in Nampa gang activity is still small compared to huge cities like CA and etc. However, it is happening and the police force is trying to stop it from getting larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area