Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 05:35 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
I'm retired. There is just not enough to do here. Summer is fine, lots of hiking and stuff. But winters.... pretty dull. I wouldn't mind if people here were more friendly, but they're not. So between nothing to do and no one to do it with I'm seriously bored.

It would be nice to have a choice of restaurant that isn't burgers, pancakes or pizza.
Sad to hear you don't think people in North Idaho (or at least CDA/Hayden) are so friendly. I've heard the opposite, but then I have not spent a long time there. I traveled and visited for a short time, but I know that is not long enough to know everything about the people. I'm a big outdoors person, so living in the forest alone is a big benefit to me. But yeah, like most humans, I would think it is good to be in a place where you can develop friendships.

Have you ever considered Sandpoint? I heard it's a friendly community up there and smaller town atmosphere.

As far as cuisine choices, I never remember Boise have such a broad spectrum, but I do remember a couple Middle Eastern places, a good Indian restaurant and some Mexican food joints that were good.

For the year I lived in Star, my neighbors never talked to me, except one, but were not overly friendly. But, nobody was mean or rude either. Everyone just kept to themselves. So, if you are expecting a cheery, friendly, pie-welcoming type of neighborhood I don't think it is that. It is a decent enough place to live at peace, but not sure it would be so different than Hayden. Being in Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area you probably have almost as much amenities as you would have in Boise. Although, the weather will be 100 times better, I am sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 12:49 AM

240 posts, read 236,073 times
Any updates from anyone living in Star currently on how things have changed, apart from housing prices?

Old 04-08-2024, 04:28 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealheadrun23 View Post
Any updates from anyone living in Star currently on how things have changed, apart from housing prices?
Star is continuing it's pace of rapid growth, It has grown over 500% since 2000 and in 2021 it grew by 13.6%. I don' t envision this slowing down, it might actually accelerate as the city can now sustain larger stores and restaurants.

Hwy 16 is in the process of being extended to I-84 and it will eventually become more of a route to northern Idaho to take pressure of Hwy 55.

They put on a great 4th of July event now too.

Real estate prices are a bit cheaper in Star than Boise or Eagle. There is lots of open land that has already been acquired by large builders/developers. There is a mix of homes from about $500k - $5 million. Many of the nicer new communities are creating lakes to have waterfront homes.

It is a good place to call home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area