Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:32 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Warriors fans, gather here

How long have you been a fan?

Where did you grow up watching the Warriors and where are you now

Who are your favorite all-time player of the Warriors?

Discuss your all-time favorite game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM

14 posts, read 17,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Warriors fans, gather here

How long have you been a fan?

Where did you grow up watching the Warriors and where are you now

Who are your favorite all-time player of the Warriors?

Discuss your all-time favorite game.
I've been a fan my whole life.

I grew up in the bay and now I'm living elsewhere but I stil DVR every single game on NBA League Pass.

Well, I loved Manute Bol, Adonal Foyle and Muggsy Bogues, and currently I am a huge fan of the 2 Anthonys.

Sacramento Kings at Golden State Warriors Box Score, November 2, 1991 | Basketball-Reference.com
I went to that game, and it was incredible, every single player was on his game in one way or another.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AfricanKing View Post
I've been a fan my whole life.

I grew up in the bay and now I'm living elsewhere but I stil DVR every single game on NBA League Pass.

Well, I loved Manute Bol, Adonal Foyle and Muggsy Bogues, and currently I am a huge fan of the 2 Anthonys.

Sacramento Kings at Golden State Warriors Box Score, November 2, 1991 | Basketball-Reference.com
I went to that game, and it was incredible, every single player was on his game in one way or another.

Don Nelson is the coach for the Warriors. Should have never left.

Run TMC was the good team.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:18 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
I have lived in NY my whole life and followed Chris Mullin straight into the pros.Don Nelson also had appeared at a few bball clinics over the years here especially at MSG. First guy that I ever saw hit half court shots at will.I saw 4 out of 6 by him in early 80's.When Manute Bol was going to college at Bridgeport he would take the ferry across to Port Jefferson,NY and play bball.A real nice guy and the language barrier wasn't even bad then.Run TMC was obviously my favorite memory. This is also why I hate Chris Webber.He ruined a potential dynasty.Hopefully we can be a playoff team once again. Maybe Baron back in our uniform might be a good start.Favorite game was the upset of Dallas in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I have lived in NY my whole life and followed Chris Mullin straight into the pros.Don Nelson also had appeared at a few bball clinics over the years here especially at MSG. First guy that I ever saw hit half court shots at will.I saw 4 out of 6 by him in early 80's.When Manute Bol was going to college at Bridgeport he would take the ferry across to Port Jefferson,NY and play bball.A real nice guy and the language barrier wasn't even bad then.Run TMC was obviously my favorite memory. This is also why I hate Chris Webber.He ruined a potential dynasty.Hopefully we can be a playoff team once again. Maybe Baron back in our uniform might be a good start.Favorite game was the upset of Dallas in the playoffs 2 years ago.
Chris Webber did mess up the team. He had a good chemistry with Spreewell and we went to the playoffs as the 3rd seed.

Biggest upset in the history of NBA was vs the Mavs. Too bad Baron Davis got traded.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:07 PM

369 posts, read 776,879 times
Favorite moment...that half court stumbling shot by B Diddy (buzzer beater) against Dallas in the playoffs...that shot was crazy.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick828 View Post
Favorite moment...that half court stumbling shot by B Diddy (buzzer beater) against Dallas in the playoffs...that shot was crazy.
We Believe!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Chris Webber did mess up the team. He had a good chemistry with Spreewell and we went to the playoffs as the 3rd seed.

Biggest upset in the history of NBA was vs the Mavs. Too bad Baron Davis got traded.
He SOLELY ruined the team! He didn't want to play center so we traded for Ronny Seikaly.Then he was upset we traded his friend Billy Owens. All he did was complain instead of doing what millions of people would have traded places with him to do.Play bball for $$$.It could have been Mullin,Hardaway,Sprewell,Webber,Seikaly.Damn good starting 5!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:

Baron wasn't traded. He opted out of his contract and signed with the Clippers.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
He SOLELY ruined the team! He didn't want to play center so we traded for Ronny Seikaly.Then he was upset we traded his friend Billy Owens. All he did was complain instead of doing what millions of people would have traded places with him to do.Play bball for $$$.It could have been Mullin,Hardaway,Sprewell,Webber,Seikaly.Damn good starting 5!
The blackout years started then till the Mavs upset.

We traded lots of good players. Don Nelson should have never left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball