Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,792,561 times

Advertisements

I am a Heat fan first but Warriors are always a team I love watching because my mom grew up out in the Bay area and she loves the Warriors. I have watched them since the Hardaway, Mullin, Spreewell, Webber days personally, and I even root for them during really bad seasons if they are playing anyone except the Heat or Magic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 12:25 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,151,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Team chemistry is whats important. Go back to the small ball. Keep Don Nelson.
Nelson will be sticking around for at least 1 more year. Small ball will never disappear as long as he is the coach and it works well for us but when you have such solid backups, maybe you need to package a few for a star or 2. Don't be surprised if Monta Ellis is traded by draft time. Other targets that I heard for a while were Amare, and Boozer, and don't count out Bosh.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM

Well it looks like my Warriors are finally getting some attention.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
I didn't know we had our own thread...

Been a casual fan since the early 90s but really got into them during the "We Believe" season. Of course I tried before and since, but it was too painful (I remember John Starks and Larry Hughes as major signings, *shudder*). Last season was exciting simply because we had something to root for (sucking bad enough to keep our #7 pick). This season they're finally contending; I just hope it lasts.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:12 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Warriors don't have the pedigree to top the West

Warriors play tough to tonight but lose to the Lakers. Lakers took it up a notch in the 4th quarter, proving that the Warriors have a long way to go to develop that level of pedigree. Nash's return was a success for the Lakers.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 AM

432 posts, read 610,684 times
Agreed Alexus. They might've lost but if they keep playing like that, they won't lose much more. Kobe just was more hungry tonight. (He took +40 shots....)

Old 12-23-2012, 12:59 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
I'll take a tough loss early in the season than in the spring. They'll see the Lakers again to hopefully return the favor...

Agree Nash seems to be their missing piece, and the Lakeshow appears to be coming around.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:38 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Warriors play tough to tonight but lose to the Lakers. Lakers took it up a notch in the 4th quarter, proving that the Warriors have a long way to go to develop that level of pedigree. Nash's return was a success for the Lakers.
The Warriors are not the far away. In games like the one against the Lakers having veterans with playoff experience helps. The Warriors just need to keep developing. I look for them to continue to develop under Mark Jackson and in the next year or two be NBA title contenders.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'm sorry but you are wrong. What it proves is that our defense broke down in the end. If we had our starting center (Bogut) playing, this probably would have been a win. Currently we have "2" rookies in the starting lineup in Ezeli and Barnes. Defensively we have greatly improved but more than that, our second string guys are the equivalency of starters and that is what is helping us win. Guys like Jack and Landry are really giving this team a boost. We are not considered one of the elites yet but we are a team that can win playoff series' and sometimes that is all it takes to win a title; a team that believes in itself, and has good chemistry.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM

Well last night we beat the Clips again and we won the season series 3-1. Word is that Bogut has been doing drills and running now and word is that he could be returning soon. Considering how we are playing without a legitimate/quality center, i'm really getting excited for him returning to our lineup healthy. His defensive presence and post up could put us over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball