Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2024, 07:22 PM

1,127 posts, read 459,282 times

Advertisements

Giannis, butler and rozier, zion. All 3 teams are done for the season.

Knicks lost randle, so even if they advance its still a small chance to win a ring.

It really sucks to see all these big injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 05:30 AM

10,830 posts, read 4,377,931 times
KD before achilles injury = 27.0 points, .493 field, .381 threes, .883 frees, 7.1 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.1 blocks, 1.1 steals, 3.1 turnovers 1.9 fouls, 36.9 minutes, 849 games

KD after achilles injury = 28.2 points, .532 field, .409 threes, .891 frees, 6.9 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.2 blocks, 0.8 steals, 3.4 turnovers, 2.0 fouls, 36.2 minutes, 212 games

KD playoffs before achilles injury = 29.1 points, .475 field, .352 threes, .864 frees, 7.7 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 1.2 blocks, 1.0 steals, 3.2 turnovers, 2.5 fouls, 40.3 minutes, 139 games

KD playoffs after achilles injury = 30.4 points, .489 field, .373 threes, .885 frees, 8.3 rebounds, 4.9 assists, 1.3 blocks, 1.1 steals, 3.6 turnovers, 2.7 fouls, 41.8 minutes, 31 games

Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM

3,848 posts, read 4,453,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post

Knicks lost randle, so even if they advance its still a small chance to win a ring.

Yes, it's definitely taken a bit of the shine off the playoffs this year, although I would argue that none of the teams impacted were really contenders to win it all anyway. In fact, Knicks fans have all been saying that they were better off without Randle. I know this playoff run has to be killing him especially if they really do make a run to the ECF, which I think is looking very likely. It should be considered a major upset if they lose to the Pacers. And honestly, if Porzingis is out with this injury, then that makes them much better odds against Boston. He was the real difference between the two sides. Otherwise, Jrue will match up with Brunson and OG with Tatum. Would be an interesting series.

Old Yesterday, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Yes, it's definitely taken a bit of the shine off the playoffs this year, although I would argue that none of the teams impacted were really contenders to win it all anyway. In fact, Knicks fans have all been saying that they were better off without Randle. I know this playoff run has to be killing him especially if they really do make a run to the ECF, which I think is looking very likely. It should be considered a major upset if they lose to the Pacers. And honestly, if Porzingis is out with this injury, then that makes them much better odds against Boston. He was the real difference between the two sides. Otherwise, Jrue will match up with Brunson and OG with Tatum. Would be an interesting series.
It would really suck if boston dont make it to the finals because of Porziņģis. They are so close for the last few years. They will still be a top team for years to come, if they dont win anything its a huge waste of tatum and browns careers.

Old Yesterday, 04:40 AM

Quote:
It would really suck if boston dont make it to the finals because of Porziņģis. They are so close for the last few years. They will still be a top team for years to come, if they dont win anything its a huge waste of tatum and browns careers.
But were Tatum/Brown ever likely to win a championship?
Any team that gets down 0-3 vs. Miami, can't be expected to beat Denver or Minnesota, and I've said before that I think Minnesota will sweep Boston.
And adding Porzingis didn't change that, because Boston still don't have a match-up advantage over the best teams in the West, so winning 64 games doesn't mean they should win a championship...
And Boston's chances will only get worse, as Minnesota and OKC get better and better with experience.

Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
But were Tatum/Brown ever likely to win a championship?
Any team that gets down 0-3 vs. Miami, can't be expected to beat Denver or Minnesota, and I've said before that I think Minnesota will sweep Boston.
And adding Porzingis didn't change that, because Boston still don't have a match-up advantage over the best teams in the West, so winning 64 games doesn't mean they should win a championship...
And Boston's chances will only get worse, as Minnesota and OKC get better and better with experience.
Biggest issue is brown is not that great of a player, he is ranked 25th this year but is the highest paid player in the nba. Tatum is barely in the mvp conversation in his peak, but 0 shot of it. Porziņģis and holiday is just barely all star reserves for a limited amount of years, so they are just insurance. They have to supermax out brown and tatum to keep them.

If both dont win a ring and hit their thirties, its a waste of their time also. Tatum can go to a big market team and get some endorsement money. Brown could win a ring by joining a contender with a deeper team.

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

4,021 posts, read 2,379,089 times
Quote:

At this time of year, everyone has nicks and bruises but your point is taken. In my mind, it would be nice to have Randle but it's a blessing in disguise. Randle plays too much isolation/hero ball so he's in the way of Brunson's excellence. With our big men(Hartenstein, Robinson) not 100% is more concerning to me. I like the Knicks chances. Let's go Knicks! Let's go Knicks!

Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Biggest issue is brown is not that great of a player, he is ranked 25th this year but is the highest paid player in the nba. Tatum is barely in the mvp conversation in his peak, but 0 shot of it. Porziņģis and holiday is just barely all star reserves for a limited amount of years, so they are just insurance. They have to supermax out brown and tatum to keep them.

If both dont win a ring and hit their thirties, its a waste of their time also. Tatum can go to a big market team and get some endorsement money. Brown could win a ring by joining a contender with a deeper team.
Will be fascinating to see which tactics the Knicks choose vs. Celtics.
Tatum is the only Celtic who scores off the dribble and creates his own shot (but he only shot .416 field and .290 threes in the 1st Round), so Knicks can totally focus on Tatum and see if his teammates are hot or cold from downtown.
Or just give Tatum single coverage and see what he's got.

Old Today, 11:56 AM

7,462 posts, read 4,710,776 times
The way other players should see this is that it is a great opportunity to rise to stardom. So who are those middling players who will rise now that they have better opportunity? Who are the secret stars that would reveal themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball