Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 01:44 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,390,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
and I were the Thunder, I would say "pass." The last you thing you want is an aging star whose last several seasons have been defined by underachieving and leaving franchises out to dry after choosing him. Let SGA lead that team. Let Chet be the 7'0 guy with the shooting stroke. Don't take touches from Williams. Just my opinion, but bringing KD into a locker room isn't the same as bringing a guy like KG in.
Lololol. I am laughing because could you imagine the coach of OKC asking KD to come off the bench? That would be hilarious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2024, 01:51 PM

6,516 posts, read 7,570,897 times
Yup, that and KD would mess up that young squad's chemistry. I'm really impressed with how well gelled that team is, and they all seem to like each other too unlike other teams.
^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Lololol. I am laughing because could you imagine the coach of OKC asking KD to come off the bench? That would be hilarious!

Back to Lebron, when TNT mentioned Lebron's age a couple of times in last nights game, I decided not to be so critical. I'm 42 and he's almost 40, I've felt "old" for over 5 years now so as critical as I am of King James, I will give him his props for busting his a$$ night after night at that age. Jordan at his age was struggling with the Wizards.

Old 04-30-2024, 02:17 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,273,768 times
Yeah, my heart bleeds continuously over Lebron’s bad luck.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:21 PM

30,572 posts, read 19,302,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Yeah, my heart bleeds continuously over Lebron’s bad luck.
I wouldn't mind having his bad luck and become a young Billionnaire in the process and be considered the best player of his generation.

Old 05-01-2024, 12:18 AM

10,855 posts, read 4,390,447 times
Bronny is the unluckiest college basketball player in history, as LeBron is making a complete fool out of him, hyping him as an NBA prospect when there is no chance of a player like that ever being drafted - and he will be drafted, and he'll be a laughing stock. What a father...

Old 05-01-2024, 05:38 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,390,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Bronny is the unluckiest college basketball player in history, as LeBron is making a complete fool out of him, hyping him as an NBA prospect when there is no chance of a player like that ever being drafted - and he will be drafted, and he'll be a laughing stock. What a father...
All true but you would do the same for your son. I don't think he will be a complete failure but he needs to do another season in college. He could surprise the world if he went to Arkansas. They have to money to pay him and he could get his playing chops up to NBA standards in the SEC.

Old 05-01-2024, 06:37 AM

10,855 posts, read 4,390,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
All true but you would do the same for your son. I don't think he will be a complete failure but he needs to do another season in college. He could surprise the world if he went to Arkansas. They have to money to pay him and he could get his playing chops up to NBA standards in the SEC.
Obviously I would not put unnecessary pressure on my son, especially after a cardiac arrest.
But even without the cardiac arrest, when you are a legendary player, the last thing you should do is put pressure on your children to meet you in the NBA (and especially when the child is not even trending toward the draft).
Michael Jordan knew how to handle his 2 sons, never hyped them up one bit (and Marcus Jordan averaged 12.3ppg in college overall and a high of 15.2ppg in his 2nd year).

Old 05-01-2024, 08:43 AM

10,602 posts, read 7,825,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
AD was the best player on the Lakers that series.
He played just fine, so did Lebron. Two of the games were very close, could have easily gone their way. If they had, LA would be up 3-2 against the defending champs!

Old 05-01-2024, 09:01 AM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
He played just fine, so did Lebron. Two of the games were very close, could have easily gone their way. If they had, LA would be up 3-2 against the defending champs!
Yes, Lebron is still playing at a high level. I just think it's odd to nit pick AD for how he played in 1 quarter or one stat in one game when he was the best player on the Lakers that series.

I suppose the Lakers can ask themselves what they could be doing better to win those close games. *shrug*

Lots and Lots of NBA champions decided by a handful of close games.

Old 05-01-2024, 02:34 PM

2,215 posts, read 2,169,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Think about it.

1984: Born after Michael Jordan. Had Lebron been born first, he'd have the Jumpman logo, the shoes, the movies and all the adulation Jordan currently receives. He also would have played against easier competition. He would not retire and would likely win 7-9 titles. He also didn't have the benefit of having Phil Jackson as a coach.

2003 - 2010: Gets drafted by a terrible organization. They failed to get him one All-Star/All-NBA caliber player the entire time he was there.

2011: The Mavs unleashed a zone defense the likes of which the League had never seen. Jordan never had to deal with a defense like this and even admitted himself that he would not have had the career he did if zone defense existed during his era.

2014: After finally getting help, Wade got old, and Lebron had to do it all by himself. The Spurs were inevitable that year and even Jordan's '96 Bulls would have lost in 5 games.

2015: Kyrie and Love get hurt.

2017-18: Lebron comes up against a superteam. No team in history could have beaten the '17-'18 Warriors.

2021: AD gets injured. This cost Lebron another ring.

2023-24: Lebron didn't get enough help. D-Lo has clearly not pulled his weight.
Just all more nonsense by a LeBron worshiper. Lets just understand that he is just a basketball player.
He is skilled and made a lot of money at his job. He had benefits that Michael Jordan never had, like healthy school meals, milk, good healthcare, and much more. Its not his fault or Michael's fault that they were born when they were born, and that the US youth nutrition and medical system has come light years in the time between these players. Its all okay, its good that our country has improved from the 60s. The late 60s and early 70s were not a good time for poor Americans. Thankfully it got better and continues to get better. LeBron was lucky to have a good family take him in, out of the projects at 9. He lived with a family that recognized the talent and helped him pursue it. Sports science, nutrition, high level coaching, medical care, premier league training ... It is wonderful for him. These things did not even exist for poor children in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Had Lebron been born first, he might not even play ball. He would not have had the career longevity he enjoys now for sure. Its why the notion of comparing players from these eras is fun for talk radio, but idiotic in reality. LeBron gets all the adulation Jordan currently receives as idiots compare them for GOAT or other nonsense. In reality, both are great players who played against incredible competition and rose above it. If Lebron was born in 1965, he would be a shell of the player he is now because basketball, and life in general, was different. If he was born in the 30s he wouldn't be allowed to play at all. If Jordan was born in 2002, he would be the first pick coming out of college this year and would be the best player of all time for the next generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball