Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 09:58 PM

10,897 posts, read 4,410,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The Denver Nuggets bandwagon has been crammed full for at least the last couple years so, newbies need not apply.

I don't think the Nuggets nor any other sports team owes anybody a sweep. To be up 3-1 against a historic dominant rival ain't a bad place to be.

I'm sure the Minnesota Timberwolves bandwagon is available for those who wanted to partake.

I'm gonna keep saying Go Nuggets!
Sweeping the Lakers isn't the issue, its the fact they can't beat Minnesota if they don't raise their game significantly.
I've supported the Twolves since they drafted Luc Longley, and the Chicago Bulls, and never had any interest in supporting Denver...

Last edited by MAGAalot; 04-29-2024 at 10:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 10:37 PM

18,091 posts, read 27,550,883 times
Murray scored 32 tonight. That's not too shabby.

Also not too shabby, Murray dunked on James and AD at the 4:11 mark of the 4th quarter.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-29-2024 at 11:09 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 11:10 PM

10,897 posts, read 4,410,009 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_hiBfR1enY

Old 04-29-2024, 11:19 PM

18,091 posts, read 27,550,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Murray is Superman.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:51 AM

4,063 posts, read 2,411,158 times
^^^^That was awesome. Sent the Lakers to Cancun.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:16 AM

7,078 posts, read 11,381,623 times
I think Jokic got a pinkie on Austin Reaves and sent him flailing on that last play, which opened up the space for Murray. Bad defense again by the Lakers in that spot. Not the defender you want, no help at all. But at least they made him go left this time.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:40 AM

3,870 posts, read 4,468,678 times
The knives will be out for Darvin Ham and the Lakers after losing to the Nuggets, but honestly, I would want to wait to see how Denver do the rest of the way. If they lose to the Timberwolves then I fire everyone in LA. But if they crush everyone and win the chip again, then I look at maybe tweaking the roster instead of blowing it up, because this has to be the most competitive 4-1 series win I've ever seen. It took two buzzer beaters from Murray, plus I saw a stat that said that LA actually was in the lead 73% of the series. I think that this series showed that the Lakers were maybe a piece or two away from actually beating Denver. It just depends on what that means in the context of the league. If Denver is the best team in the world then that's a good sign for LA. If Denver gets blown out by Minnesota or Boston then that's another discussion. So I'll with hold judgement for now.

That being said, if LBJ is sticking around, then the front office has to work harder on getting a quality stretch 4 who can defend, and a better bench. Too many times Lebron had to bang with Jokic in the paint. Recipe for disaster. The bench underperformed. I expected more from someone like Dinwiddie who has done some things in this league, especially when DLo was having his ups and downs. Not sure if that was a coaching mistake or if he just didnt have it. I've never been a moral victory guy, but I honestly come away from this series quietly impressed with the Lakers. They just need another piece.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:27 AM

209 posts, read 152,181 times
The Lakers played a tough series, for sure. What it really came down to was the team that was better at finishing the games came through in critical times. I don't think the Nuggets played very well in the series (compared to what they're capable of) and will need to be much better against a tough Minnesota team.

Old 04-30-2024, 11:39 AM

7,078 posts, read 11,381,623 times
A guard who can defend would seem to be #1 on the priority list. AD holds down the back line, but there is no tip of the spear defensively. LeBron needs to be on the other team's worst (or at minimum least active) offensive player.

The series was close, the but the two game winners show the gap. The Nuggets will always be able to get a good shot in a 1/2 court set, but the Lakers bombed out completely on those last possessions. Maybe their plan was to avoid Jokic getting the shot at all costs and making Murray shoot, but both shots were ones from his spots and were clean looks based on the same principle, making it look like a high screen/roll with Jokic and then bailing fast to create space for Murray to work. His personal aggression in those possessions seemed to surprise the Lakers (for reasons unknown.)

Old 04-30-2024, 03:27 PM

1,134 posts, read 471,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Sweeping the Lakers isn't the issue, its the fact they can't beat Minnesota if they don't raise their game significantly.
I've supported the Twolves since they drafted Luc Longley, and the Chicago Bulls, and never had any interest in supporting Denver...
Lakers had a big issue with jokic, Gordon, porter. Gobert, Kat, mcdaniels will be even more issues. And we're only talking about size difference.

Ad has a small frame, while Gobert is a former all star and still close to being an all star, Kat is an all star, Edwards is a star. All 3 are much younger than LeBron. There is no way Lakers can win that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball