Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2024, 11:08 AM

4,021 posts, read 2,379,089 times

Advertisements

Self explanatory. I guess no job prospects so he might as well work for himself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...a6e51539&ei=90

It was a huge shock this summer when ESPN decided to part ways with longtime lead NBA analysts Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson. The pair, along with Mike Breen, had been staples in NBA broadcasting for decades. And while Van Gundy moved on to take on a behind-the-scenes role with the Boston Celtics, it wasn’t clear what Jackson’s next step would be… until now. We hope you’re sitting down for this one, because… Mark Jackson… is starting his own podcast, the self-titled Mark Jackson Show. And to think Mama, There Goes That Podcast was right there staring him in the face. Yes, it’s another podcast! Jackson is the latest current or former NBA player to start a podcast along with countless others in the marketplace. His version will be alongside his son Mark Jackson II and be hosted on the Come and Talk 2 Me YouTube channel, which is best known for the popular Cam’ron and Ma$e show It Is What It Is. The debut episode is already out and Jackson explained in hilarious fashion why he decided to go the well-traveled podcast route when asked by his son at the top of the show. “If you don’t know, I got fired! That’ll do it, that’ll make you make an adjustment and an audible real fast,” Jackson said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 05:50 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Does not sound very interesting. He is going to have to say something or interview someone that will make headlines. Like explain why no one will hire him and name names. The answer seems to be its all his fault. But he needs to do that. Seems like his time working in the NBA at any capacity is over. So might as well burn some bridges and let it all out.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:52 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,377,931 times
I enjoyed Mark Jackson's commentary a lot more than Doris Burke's commentary.
So pity they can't switch places.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Does not sound very interesting. He is going to have to say something or interview someone that will make headlines. Like explain why no one will hire him and name names. The answer seems to be its all his fault. But he needs to do that. Seems like his time working in the NBA at any capacity is over. So might as well burn some bridges and let it all out.
I was going to let sleeping dogs lie on your comments but I think you are on point. His time broadcasting on any network is finished, so it seems. He might as well, as you say, get provocative if he wants to get more views to his podcast. I am, so far, not interested in anything he has to say.

Old 05-03-2024, 08:50 PM

30,203 posts, read 11,859,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I did enjoy Jackson and Van Gundy calling games. Burke knows the game but lacks personality and is very dull.

Old 05-04-2024, 09:13 AM

14,706 posts, read 14,683,187 times
Why would I want to hear a religious nut job with no technical knowledge monologue on a podcast?

Old 05-04-2024, 10:42 AM

4,673 posts, read 3,872,836 times
Seems like everyone famous connected to the NBA in some way has a podcast.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM

3,848 posts, read 4,453,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Yes I'm with you. I thought he and JVG made an excellent team. Always enjoyed their broadcasting.

Old Today, 06:35 AM

Well, he has over a half million subscribers so he must be doing well with it. I listened a little on his take of the series between the Knicks and Pacers since he played for both teams. I am warming up to this podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SX5O3c-JBg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball