Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 10:48 AM

10,641 posts, read 16,023,053 times

Advertisements

regular season games played.

ranking at this moment:
1.Robert Parish ------------ 1611
2.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar --- 1560
3.Vince Carter ------------- 1541
4.Dirk Nowitzki ------------ 1522
5.John Stockton ----------- 1504
6.Karl Malone -------------- 1476
7.Kevin Garnett ------------ 1462
8.Moses Malone ------------ 1455
9.LeBron James ------------ 1436

Higher chance he's gonna top regular season and playoffs combined...

1.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar -- 1797
2.Robert Parish ----------- 1795
3.LeBron James ---------- 1718
4.John Stockton ---------- 1686
5.Karl Malone ------------- 1669
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2023, 11:31 AM

30,135 posts, read 11,774,020 times
I could see him playing 2 more seasons after this one. That should put him #1 all time. I did not realize Parrish held that record.

Old 11-23-2023, 11:40 AM

1,089 posts, read 443,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I could see him playing 2 more seasons after this one. That should put him #1 all time. I did not realize Parrish held that record.
Probably next year will be his last, then when bryce comes, he might sign 2- 10 day contracts to play with him. I dont know, with the money he has, time is worth something and his body / health is important also as he ages. He can play 3 more seasons as a backup but i doubt he wants to get his minutes cut.

Old 11-23-2023, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Probably next year will be his last, then when bryce comes, he might sign 2- 10 day contracts to play with him. I dont know, with the money he has, time is worth something and his body / health is important also as he ages. He can play 3 more seasons as a backup but i doubt he wants to get his minutes cut.
He is still scoring 26 points a game, 1 points below his career average. More than in the 2020 season when he won a title. Plus shooting 58% and 41% from 3. which both numbers are career bests. And his assists and rebounds are over his career average. He was suppose to be in decline. Maybe on defense. He could easily score 30 a game if he wanted to.

If you look at Parrish his numbers held up pretty well until he was 41. And I think LeBron takes care of his body better than Parrish did. Avoiding serious injury he could play at a high level until 42 or 43. I am talking starting and scoring over 20 points a game. Why would he want to? Why did Tom Brady play as long as he did?

Old 11-23-2023, 04:13 PM

Quote:
He is still scoring 26 points a game, 1 points below his career average. More than in the 2020 season when he won a title. Plus shooting 58% and 41% from 3. which both numbers are career bests. And his assists and rebounds are over his career average. He was suppose to be in decline. Maybe on defense. He could easily score 30 a game if he wanted to.

If you look at Parrish his numbers held up pretty well until he was 41. And I think LeBron takes care of his body better than Parrish did. Avoiding serious injury he could play at a high level until 42 or 43. I am talking starting and scoring over 20 points a game. Why would he want to? Why did Tom Brady play as long as he did?
I know he can still put up points, he can still play for another 6 years, with year 6 being out of rotation. First 2 years scoring 20+ ppg. What im trying to say is he is a billionaire, ita not worth it to play so long that he has pain all over his body as he ages. Being a qb such as brady, is much less wear and tear than playing in the nba for so long.

Old 11-23-2023, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I know he can still put up points, he can still play for another 6 years, with year 6 being out of rotation. First 2 years scoring 20+ ppg. What im trying to say is he is a billionaire, ita not worth it to play so long that he has pain all over his body as he ages. Being a qb such as brady, is much less wear and tear than playing in the nba for so long.
I get what you are saying. From chatter I have heard from people might know where his head is at on various sports shows. He will probably play as long he is a starter and can put up 20 points a game.

Old 11-23-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I get what you are saying. From chatter I have heard from people might know where his head is at on various sports shows. He will probably play as long he is a starter and can put up 20 points a game.
The main problem is from now on, i dont think he will be able to play all playoff and finals games, so getting another ring is impossible, plus he will only want a max contract so it will be impossible to win it all if you have to sign other stars to pair with him.

Plus his numbers will mean less if he plays 27 seasons, since he got so much points, assists, etc, and his average per game will drop, making him less of the goat. And his 4 rings will mean less of it took him 27 seasons to get, etc. Its like a few players passed jordan in career points, but only lebron is considered in the conversation of who is better. The other players played more years and games to get more points.

Last edited by accord2008; 11-23-2023 at 07:32 PM..

Old 11-23-2023, 07:53 PM

Quote:
The main problem is from now on, i dont think he will be able to play all playoff and finals games, so getting another ring is impossible, plus he will only want a max contract so it will be impossible to win it all if you have to sign other stars to pair with him.

Plus his numbers will mean less if he plays 27 seasons, since he got so much points, assists, etc, and his average per game will drop, making him less of the goat. And his 4 rings will mean less of it took him 27 seasons to get, etc. Its like a few players passed jordan in career points, but only lebron is considered in the conversation of who is better. The other players played more years and games to get more points.
If he wants more rings he needs to work for less. No one will remember how much he made later on. But they will notice how many titles he has.

Old 11-23-2023, 08:43 PM

Quote:
If he wants more rings he needs to work for less. No one will remember how much he made later on. But they will notice how many titles he has.
Yes people will notice his 4 rings, but if lets say jordan has 6 and he played 13 years (if he didnt come back for 2 years at Washington) it will still be worth more than lebron getting 6 rings, but playing 27 years. Its more tyan double the seasons. The longer your playing, the more chances of winning a ring.

Lebron could have been like what brady did, just took less to win more. Had lebron signed minnimum contracts his whole career and drafted into the lakers, he could have had 12 rings by now.

Old 11-24-2023, 03:29 AM

10,641 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
Yes people will notice his 4 rings, but if lets say jordan has 6 and he played 13 years (if he didnt come back for 2 years at Washington) it will still be worth more than lebron getting 6 rings, but playing 27 years. Its more tyan double the seasons.
Wilkes 4 rings in 12 years worth more than Wade 3 rings in 16 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball