Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2024, 05:27 AM

4,117 posts, read 2,442,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Boston getting blown out at home by the Cavs...smh. I honestly thought they would sweep Cleveland.
Me, too. Without Jarrett Allen. Social media is roasting Tatum. Paraphrasing by saying he's turning into Harden. Great regular season. Comes up lame in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 06:09 AM

5,301 posts, read 5,277,692 times
I'm a Cavs fan and I was shocked...although I do look at the Mia/Bos series and Mia pounded them in Game 2 and then turned around and lost 3 in a row. I expected Cleveland to win a couple games but lose the series 4 to 2...we actually match up better w/ Boston than we do w/ teams like NY and Orl who so much size...Cleveland beat Bos once during the season and hung tough in 2 other games...

Old 05-10-2024, 07:37 AM

11,001 posts, read 4,447,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I'm a Cavs fan and I was shocked...although I do look at the Mia/Bos series and Mia pounded them in Game 2 and then turned around and lost 3 in a row. I expected Cleveland to win a couple games but lose the series 4 to 2...we actually match up better w/ Boston than we do w/ teams like NY and Orl who so much size...Cleveland beat Bos once during the season and hung tough in 2 other games...
Cleveland, New York, Indiana can all eliminate Boston in these playoffs, with Tatum averaging 21.7ppg .407fg .268treys.

Old 05-11-2024, 01:36 AM

Wolves were unselfish to a fault, KAT with only 7 shots (4-7 field, 4-5 downtown, 5 rebounds), and ANT 15 shots (8-15 field, 3-8 downtown, 6 rebounds, 5 assists).
I'm glad it happened now though, and not in a pivotal game, because ANT will be dominating Game 4, that is for certain.
'I let my team down' - Anthony Edwards takes responsibility for Game 3 loss vs. Denver | SC with SVP - YouTube

Old 05-11-2024, 05:19 AM

If KAT and Reid are just playing the role of spot-up shooters, then ANT should be living in the post.
Because ANT is more likely to get good looks in the post, as he creates separation at will.
So at least when Gobert's off the court (and really when he's on it too), ANT should be living in the post if Wolves are struggling to score.
Whereas if the offense is flowing like it was in Game 1 and 2, no need for ANT to post-up.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:38 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,896,116 times
Knicks/Pacers, I thought to myself during game 1 that this series could go 7 games. I still think it will.

I'm pulling for the small to medium market teams, so go Thunder (small market), Cavs (medium), Pacers (small), Timberwolves (medium), even though Timberwolves have a slightly larger market than Denver, but parity is good. We need a new champion.

Though if Porzingis is playing I think Boston & their large market will win the Finals fairly easy. And the last thing I want to see is Boston celebrate yet another championship.

Old 05-11-2024, 10:52 AM

30,376 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
If KAT and Reid are just playing the role of spot-up shooters, then ANT should be living in the post.
Because ANT is more likely to get good looks in the post, as he creates separation at will.
So at least when Gobert's off the court (and really when he's on it too), ANT should be living in the post if Wolves are struggling to score.
Whereas if the offense is flowing like it was in Game 1 and 2, no need for ANT to post-up.

Tonights game will be huge. I would say whoever wins this one wins the series or at least has the inside track. Either the Wolves go up 3-1 or its a 3 game series where Denver has 2 of them at home and momentum.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Tonights game will be huge. I would say whoever wins this one wins the series or at least has the inside track. Either the Wolves go up 3-1 or its a 3 game series where Denver has 2 of them at home and momentum.
I agree, Game 4 is the first pivotal game of this series.

Of course Game 3 would have been a series-ender if Wolves won, because nobody has ever won from 0-3 down, but it wasn't a pivotal game for Wolves.

Momentum would be huge obviously if Nuggets are 2-2 heading back to Denver, and would make them the clear favorites to win this series with 2 of the final 3 games being at Denver, especially with the Wolves not even having won a game at home.

The only caveat that could impede Nuggets after 2-2 is Murray's consistency and whether his body allows him to maintain a high level for the remainder of this series.

Old 05-12-2024, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Though if Porzingis is playing I think Boston & their large market will win the Finals fairly easy. And the last thing I want to see is Boston celebrate yet another championship.
Whether Porzingis plays or not, Celtics are only as good as their 3-pointers. They aren't built for the playoffs, where perimeter defense dominates, hence Miami getting that 3-0 lead in last year's playoffs. Minnesota look substantially better than that Miami team. And Porzingis won't be much of a factor when he has to deal with Minnesota's 3-headed monster.

Old 05-12-2024, 05:01 AM

30,376 posts, read 11,986,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I agree, Game 4 is the first pivotal game of this series.

Of course Game 3 would have been a series-ender if Wolves won, because nobody has ever won from 0-3 down, but it wasn't a pivotal game for Wolves.

Momentum would be huge obviously if Nuggets are 2-2 heading back to Denver, and would make them the clear favorites to win this series with 2 of the final 3 games being at Denver, especially with the Wolves not even having won a game at home.

The only caveat that could impede Nuggets after 2-2 is Murray's consistency and whether his body allows him to maintain a high level for the remainder of this series.
Denver had to win game 3 and to their credit they stepped up. Now they need to do it again. Being such an important game it would be fun to see it go down to the wire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball