Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 10:03 AM

3,851 posts, read 4,454,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
ESPN gave MN a D and Utah an A on the trade.
Time will tell. If the wolves continue to improve then those picks will be in the 20s range. The NBA draft tends to be surprisingly thin. All the franchise players tend to be in the top 15. This isn’t like the NFL where you can find a Tom Brady in the 7th round. You are going to struggle to find quality impact players at the bottom of the first round, never mind the second round or undrafted free agents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 10:11 AM

30,207 posts, read 11,863,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ldsm0bile View Post
ESPN gave MN a D and Utah an A on the trade.
Danny Ainge. Somehow I did not know he was running the Jazz. He rarely loses on trades. Mitchell will probably be the next to go. His mindset is don't have an average team. Either be good or bad. And bad meaning building for the future. Keeping Mitchell and other non star players means they are barely a playoff team. So I believe he will be traded for picks and some role players. OKC has a lot of picks. Perhaps there?

Minnesota is going to be better next year. But I don't see how KAT and Gobert work. They either have the best backup center in the NBA or a very big front line.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:49 AM

3,851 posts, read 4,454,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Danny Ainge. Somehow I did not know he was running the Jazz. He rarely loses on trades. Mitchell will probably be the next to go. His mindset is don't have an average team. Either be good or bad. And bad meaning building for the future. Keeping Mitchell and other non star players means they are barely a playoff team. So I believe he will be traded for picks and some role players. OKC has a lot of picks. Perhaps there?

Minnesota is going to be better next year. But I don't see how KAT and Gobert work. They either have the best backup center in the NBA or a very big front line.
I’m actually on the fence with this one. I thought the best fit for Gobert would have been on Dallas where he could improve the defense and rebounding while Luka feeds him lobs to get him 15ppg. I thought that was perfect for him.
On Minnesota, KAT is a great stretch 4. He’s happiest out on the perimeter, which means defenses better have a big who’s comfortable guarding out on the 3 point line. Not very common. That also means that Rudy can roam the paint where he’s most comfortable. The only issue is if he gets delusional and expects 20 shots a game

Old 06-19-2023, 08:20 PM

4,674 posts, read 3,873,560 times
Whatever happened to the Timberwolves last season?

I was thinking they'd improve a lot & do a deep playoff run to possibly the Western Conf Championship. They had a big 3 in KAT, Edwards & Gobert. They gave up 4 first rounders & 5 players to the Jazz to go all in for Gobert! Edwards started the season out strong & made the All-Star team.

Did they have injuries? I kinda recall KAT being out for awhile. I remember they had a player injure himself by punching a wall, & another that Gobert punched last game of the season, lol.

They still took the Lakers to OT in LA, then beat the Thunder to get in the playoffs. Lost to the Nuggets in 5.

Maybe they just had bad luck running into the Nuggets in round 1? I was expecting big things from them.

Old 06-20-2023, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Whatever happened to the Timberwolves last season?

I was thinking they'd improve a lot & do a deep playoff run to possibly the Western Conf Championship. They had a big 3 in KAT, Edwards & Gobert. They gave up 4 first rounders & 5 players to the Jazz to go all in for Gobert! Edwards started the season out strong & made the All-Star team.

Did they have injuries? I kinda recall KAT being out for awhile. I remember they had a player injure himself by punching a wall, & another that Gobert punched last game of the season, lol.

They still took the Lakers to OT in LA, then beat the Thunder to get in the playoffs. Lost to the Nuggets in 5.

Maybe they just had bad luck running into the Nuggets in round 1? I was expecting big things from them.
They were actually worse last season than the year before. But a lot of that was KAT only playing in 29 games.

They seem to have internal issues. The regular season could not have ended worse. Golbert getting into a fight with a teammate in the last game of the season was just the dumbest thing possible and McDaniels breaking his hand hitting a wall for no reason. If McDaniels had played they might have beaten the Lakers and ended up in the WCF. Whole different conversation if that had happened.

I could see them getting off to a good start next year. Sort of like the Kings did this year. But the west is loaded. Are they better than Denver, Phoenix, both LA teams, the Kings, the Warriors? Even the Mavs and OKC might have good seasons. They might end up in the play-in even healthy.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 06-20-2023 at 05:57 AM..

Old 06-20-2023, 08:02 PM

4,674 posts, read 3,873,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I could see them getting off to a good start next year. Sort of like the Kings did this year. But the west is loaded. Are they better than Denver, Phoenix, both LA teams, the Kings, the Warriors? Even the Mavs and OKC might have good seasons. They might end up in the play-in even healthy.
I could see them starting off good too. I think they're close to & capable of having a breakthrough year & contending, but those other teams are going to be tough.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:51 PM

14,707 posts, read 14,685,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Time will tell. If the wolves continue to improve then those picks will be in the 20s range. The NBA draft tends to be surprisingly thin. All the franchise players tend to be in the top 15. This isn’t like the NFL where you can find a Tom Brady in the 7th round. You are going to struggle to find quality impact players at the bottom of the first round, never mind the second round or undrafted free agents
Time told. The Wolves’ double-center experiment was a disaster, Anthony Edwards appears to be losing patience with the organization, and Utah did much better than was expected.

Old 06-21-2023, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Time told. The Wolves’ double-center experiment was a disaster, Anthony Edwards appears to be losing patience with the organization, and Utah did much better than was expected.
KAT only played 29 games. Lets see what happens this year if the team is healthy.

Old 01-15-2024, 11:09 AM

10,837 posts, read 4,380,348 times
Twolves conceding just 107.3 points per game.
Then next best is Nuggets/Heat 111.0 points per game.
That's a HUGE gap.
Anthony Edwards is a career 28.1 scorer in the playoffs (11 games), .469 field shooting and .380 threes.
2024 Twolves = 1991 Bulls.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:25 PM

10,837 posts, read 4,380,348 times
Twolves without Towns, Gobert and Reid, on the 2nd night of a back-to-back lose by 3 to Denver, Edwards misses 3 on the buzzer, he had 30 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 13-26 field.
We are looking good for the playoffs when Towns returns in particular.
Even without Towns we obviously win this game if Gobert played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball