Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 05:51 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Here's the thing about Randle. I wonder if he's good not playing on a bad team or during a contract year. Being paired with Thibs, if he can stay healthy, he can get signed to another sizeable contract from another team, or New York. I believe he's on a 3/$60 million right now on his second year. He's been a good player, but he's never been considered a piece to build around. Will he just be that player who gets paid to put up empty stats on teams that aren't going anywhere? The verdict is still out on Randle and I'm hopeful that he can turn into a guy you build around.
I agree with your point. I always viewed him as a Robin. I feel the Knicks need Batman. However, he has been putting up numbers. He put up 30 on the Jazz last night. Maybe he saw the Bat signal last night. Thibbs just likes to keep his rotation too tight for me. This is early in the season and he only played 8 players last night. I know we have injuries but you have to keep them fresh for the whole season somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I agree with your point. I always viewed him as a Robin. I feel the Knicks need Batman. However, he has been putting up numbers. He put up 30 on the Jazz last night. Maybe he saw the Bat signal last night. Thibbs just likes to keep his rotation too tight for me. This is early in the season and he only played 8 players last night. I know we have injuries but you have to keep them fresh for the whole season somehow.
I feel like the Jazz and Nuggets are the same team in different uniforms. They can give you hope in the regular season, but seem to continuously be overmatched in the playoffs. The Trailblazers are the epitome of this. The worst thing the Trailblazers did was not come to an agreement with Aldridge. The Blazers have continued to have bad luck with injuries since Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, and a couple others left in free agency.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:06 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/julius...d-to-breakout/

Some days that meant the two would meet at a gym at 6 a.m., drilling footwork, working on Randle’s shot, 90 minutes of nonstop grind. Three or four times a week that was only the second stop on the itinerary as Randle would open his old high school gym at 5 a.m. to fire up jumpers on his own, the first bundle of 1,200 he would shoot every day, every week, every month, for nine months.
Soon, Relph introduced him to a weight trainer named Melvin Sanders, and the two men hit it off instantly.
“Ju likes it when you don’t just set up his workout but work out with him,” Relph says. “That’s Melvin. And that’s me. Thanks to Ju, I’m in better shape now than I was when I played in college. I have no choice; otherwise I’d never keep up.

Hey, if you making that kind of money, that's the commitment you have to make. Glad he invested in himself to make himself better. The Knicks are better off for it although it creates a problem because his name has been mentioned as trade bait. He's leading your team and now you are going to trade him for a sexier name? James Harden comes to mind. I think that would upset the apple cart.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:21 AM

Here's a kid that needs to wake up and realize that playing pro basketball is a job!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/knicks...yson-chandler/

Spellman, obtained last month in a deal with Minnesota, played four minutes in a preseason game before the former Villanova power forward hurt his knee. He was out until Wednesday night, when he was active but did not play. He didn’t report to the Knicks in good shape.

Good to get Gibson. I think he will pay dividends even if he doesn't play much.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:14 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Dont think that will ever happen. Guys you can build around either have to be multidimensional with lots to offer (eg Lebron) or amazingly good at one thing (Curry shooting, Gobert defense etc). Randle isnt amazing at anything and he's pretty much just an undersized energy guy. He cant initiate offense for the team, is not a good passer, not known for his defensive prowess. He's just a slightly above average big. NEVER someone to build a franchise around.
He already had a triple double this year and the past 2 games came within a few assists away of getting two more.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-08-2021, 03:33 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
He already had a triple double this year and the past 2 games came within a few assists away of getting two more.
Yeah I was basing this opinion on what I'd seen of him in seasons past. I havent watched a Knicks game this season, but maybe I should especially now they are winning...while I still think it's too early to get excited, it's definitely good to see NY have something to cheer for.

Old 01-12-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Yeah I was basing this opinion on what I'd seen of him in seasons past. I havent watched a Knicks game this season, but maybe I should especially now they are winning...while I still think it's too early to get excited, it's definitely good to see NY have something to cheer for.
Wayy too early. Knicks lost 3 in a row. All blowouts. I was hoping they could at least beat OKC and Charlotte. Lamelo Ball is filling up the stat sheet lately. They teased me early but hoping they can right the ship. Funny, the upcoming matchup against the Nets is looking winnable.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Wayy too early. Knicks lost 3 in a row. All blowouts. I was hoping they could at least beat OKC and Charlotte. Lamelo Ball is filling up the stat sheet lately. They teased me early but hoping they can right the ship. Funny, the upcoming matchup against the Nets is looking winnable.
So glad I am not a betting man. I thought we could steal this one but KD decided not to party with Kyrie.
Hopefully, Knicks can pull out of this soon.

Old 01-17-2021, 06:21 PM

Damn, we needed this one.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/17/knicks...thday-present/

“You know I’m never happy,’’ Thibodeau said — with a grin. “I’m not happy, unless I’m miserable.’’

That was funny. Hopefully, the Knicks can go on a streak from this. We are starting to get our injured players back. Even Toppin hit a couple 3's today.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:08 AM

Knicks needed a streak and a quality win. Mission accomplished!

https://nypost.com/2021/01/22/knicks...ing-block-win/

"The stars of the night were RJ Barrett, with his career-high 28 points, and Julius Randle, posting a near triple-double. Not Curry."

Draymond getting thrown out for arguing with his teammate didn't make sense but I'll take this win. On a streak. Have to keep on building. Curry dropped 30. And he was off last night. Thank god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball