Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 10:24 PM

14,706 posts, read 14,680,193 times

Advertisements

Yes, their fifth coach in 11 years. That’ll fix everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM

30,203 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Are they in Cancun yet?
They might be, but the Nuggets better buy those tickets, they won't be far behind.

Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM

30,203 posts, read 11,854,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The chatter since the 2020 has been lets see what the LeBron and AD can do if they remain healthy all season. Well we saw what they did and it was not much better than the Westbrook teams. Was its Ham's fault or Vogel's fault before him? No. That title sort of doomed them into thinking get the right players around LeBron and AD and you have an instant title contender once again.

If the Lakers can snag Lue from the Clippers I would do that. At least he won a title with LeBron and he has a Laker legacy. Plus it would be so sweet for them to simply take the Clippers coach. I guess I keep remembering the billboards of PG13 and Kawhi when they joined and were going to take over Los Angeles. Those billboards did not age well.

JJ Reddick no. Pointless to waste another season figuring out they have the wrong coach again. Maybe he is good. If I were the Spurs I would hire him under Pop. See what he can learn and perhaps replace Pop at some point if he has what it takes. But LeBron probably holds the cards more than an average year as to who they pick. LeBron can simply walk this summer.

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

18,237 posts, read 25,897,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
They might be, but the Nuggets better buy those tickets, they won't be far behind.

If they don't play 60 minutes of quality b-ball, especially tomorrow night, they'll be toast! Edwards was unstoppable in the first half. but the guy who killed the Nuggets was Naz Reid, 14 of his 16 points were in the 4th quarter.

Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

3,848 posts, read 4,453,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The chatter since the 2020 has been lets see what the LeBron and AD can do if they remain healthy all season. Well we saw what they did and it was not much better than the Westbrook teams. Was its Ham's fault or Vogel's fault before him? No. That title sort of doomed them into thinking get the right players around LeBron and AD and you have an instant title contender once again.

If the Lakers can snag Lue from the Clippers I would do that. At least he won a title with LeBron and he has a Laker legacy. Plus it would be so sweet for them to simply take the Clippers coach. I guess I keep remembering the billboards of PG13 and Kawhi when they joined and were going to take over Los Angeles. Those billboards did not age well.

JJ Reddick no. Pointless to waste another season figuring out they have the wrong coach again. Maybe he is good. If I were the Spurs I would hire him under Pop. See what he can learn and perhaps replace Pop at some point if he has what it takes. But LeBron probably holds the cards more than an average year as to who they pick. LeBron can simply walk this summer.
Supposedly the Clips are already working on an extension to keep Lue away from the Lakers. Plus if I'm Lue, I honestly dont think he would want to go back to working with Lebron. People have bad memories when thinking back to just how things went for Lue with Lebron in Cleveland. A ton of blatant disrespect from Lebron towards him, and based on what we are now hearing about how he treats Ham, I dont think Lebron has improved in this regard. Any coach worth their salt is going to steer clear of the Lakers.

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM

3,848 posts, read 4,453,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Firing Ham was a terrible knee jerk reaction. The Lakers played about as well as they could and went toe to toe with Denver for long periods of the series. I dont know what another coach could have done differently to win the series. Denver was just the better, more complete team. L.A. have to face the fact that if they want to keep Lebron, then recognize that this is not the 2018 version. He's older, in decline, has to pick his spots on offense and has almost completely disappeared as a defensive stopper. There was a time when he could guard 1-4 on the other team. No more. As long as that's the player you have, then you better have at least 2 or 3 top tier guys who can cover his weaknesses. LA dont have that.

If Lebron is REALLY about winning, he has a player option next year for $50 million. Why does he need that much if he's a billionaire now? What he should do is take a huge paycut so that the team has the cap space and can go get some top free agents to play with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball