Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 05:24 AM

15,462 posts, read 25,909,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I ordered that camera today. I should have it by Friday. I'll keep you guys posted
Which one? The Avylet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 08:29 AM

22,437 posts, read 29,585,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Which one? The Avylet?
Rexing R4

Old 04-22-2024, 08:33 PM

3,380 posts, read 9,235,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't care about it blending in. My front windshield is fully tinted anyways. Which one are you using?
The I tint my windshield so it works less crowd

Old 04-23-2024, 10:40 AM

6,368 posts, read 7,822,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
That is one cool product. Unfortunately, not available for my generation Highlander.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 04-24-2024, 10:25 AM

2,572 posts, read 1,340,071 times
This guy says all dash cameras use the same Novatec processors and Sony cameras.
They all bad at reading moving car license plates, which is the thing you buy a camera for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AnyhHl3_tE

Old 04-24-2024, 01:41 PM

2,069 posts, read 1,045,222 times
That guy is a hack, as are most YouTubers trying to make money by telling people what they think they want to hear. He is known for wild inaccuracies and malicious misrepresentation.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:26 AM

16,597 posts, read 19,817,873 times
Agree Clevelrgirl. Can't read license plates? That's pure crap. Just go to YT and search Dashcam....you can clearly see plates in many videos...

Old 04-26-2024, 09:56 AM

11,894 posts, read 8,140,714 times
I have Dashcams front and rear facing in all of my cars. One also has an interior cam as well.

I am using Blackvue 750x LTE Plus in my Camaro SS which is 2 Channels (2 Video inputs means 2 Cameras, front and rear) and LTE means its cellular so I can grab videos from it using my phone even if Im not directly connected to it. It alslo has GPS and Speed sensing capabilities. Cameras + Install costed about $1kish but its worth it for me.

For my Uber vehicle, before I sold it I had a 3 Channel Camera:
Blackvue 750x3 Plus LTE.. ..it records the front, rear and interior (3 camaras total), same features as above as well.

I also did this after a pickup truck engaged in a road rage event with me and tried to get me to rear end him but failed.

As for road rage though, be cautioned that unless there a serious injury or death involved, police will pretty much do almost nothing about it if he damages your vehicle and drives away, even if you have his tag.. ..because unfortunately, you have to be able to identify the driver without reasonable doubt and that usually requires an officer to be present on the scene during the event.

So the best way to handle road rage is to disengage as quickly as possible, stay back several car lengths from the perpetrator and go 5 - 10 mph below the speed limit. Unless the aggressor really hates you, he will get bored and move on.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:04 AM

11,894 posts, read 8,140,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I'm surprised that all auto manufacturers don't include dash cam functionality since most cars these days already have front, rear, and even side cameras built in. They should make recording an option, or even a subscription based service. It would probably save the insurance industry money too by cutting down on investigation expenses if everyone had video proof of accidents.
Meh, with the way services like onstar monitor your driving and sell the information to third party aggregators such as LexisNexis and Verisks who then sell the information to insurance companies, all without your verbal or written consent or knowledge but rather implied consent... I'd be worried what may happen if auto manufacturers decided to put cameras on every car they manufactured.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:11 PM

22,437 posts, read 29,585,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I have Dashcams front and rear facing in all of my cars. One also has an interior cam as well.

I am using Blackvue 750x LTE Plus in my Camaro SS which is 2 Channels (2 Video inputs means 2 Cameras, front and rear) and LTE means its cellular so I can grab videos from it using my phone even if Im not directly connected to it. It alslo has GPS and Speed sensing capabilities. Cameras + Install costed about $1kish but its worth it for me.

For my Uber vehicle, before I sold it I had a 3 Channel Camera:
Blackvue 750x3 Plus LTE.. ..it records the front, rear and interior (3 camaras total), same features as above as well.

I also did this after a pickup truck engaged in a road rage event with me and tried to get me to rear end him but failed.

As for road rage though, be cautioned that unless there a serious injury or death involved, police will pretty much do almost nothing about it if he damages your vehicle and drives away, even if you have his tag.. ..because unfortunately, you have to be able to identify the driver without reasonable doubt and that usually requires an officer to be present on the scene during the event.

So the best way to handle road rage is to disengage as quickly as possible, stay back several car lengths from the perpetrator and go 5 - 10 mph below the speed limit. Unless the aggressor really hates you, he will get bored and move on.
You do realize sometimes that's just not possible???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive