Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2024, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 10,376 times

Advertisements

I didn't see a thread on this but I apologize if there was one already. I'm 28 (M) currently living with my parents in the US and right now studying JavaScript. I already know HTML and CSS but I'm wondering if anyone here has specific knowledge of what languages are in-demand amongst Japanese companies. In terms of job experience, I've worked in retail for five years and at a restaurant for one year so I don't have any relevant experience.

I have dual-citizenship for both Japan and the US so moving to Japan should not be an issue.

I am also planning to attend the Boston Career Forum this upcoming November. For those that don't know, it's a large Japanese-English bilingual career fair where companies that are interested in bilingual candidates can interview and hire candidates right on the spot. I'm hoping to get a job there and move back to Japan by the start of next year as a best case scenario. I'm open to any suggestions or advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 09:56 PM

408 posts, read 1,001,936 times
https://www.careercross.com/en/job-search

That link may prove useful. Good luck in your search.

Don't let the authorities know you have two passports (in Japan)!

Old 01-21-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
https://www.careercross.com/en/job-search

That link may prove useful. Good luck in your search.

Don't let the authorities know you have two passports (in Japan)!
Thanks, I'll take a look at that link! I'll keep it a secret about having both passports when I move to Japan.

Old 01-21-2024, 08:53 AM

179 posts, read 187,238 times
How are your Japanese language skills? Native level?

Old 01-23-2024, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
How are your Japanese language skills? Native level?
I would say that I'm in-between business level and native level. I've passed the JLPT N2 but I haven't passed N1 yet. I speak Japanese with my parents at home so I'm comfortable in most social settings.

Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM

36 posts, read 33,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearinPool88 View Post
I didn't see a thread on this but I apologize if there was one already. I'm 28 (M) currently living with my parents in the US and right now studying JavaScript. I already know HTML and CSS but I'm wondering if anyone here has specific knowledge of what languages are in-demand amongst Japanese companies. In terms of job experience, I've worked in retail for five years and at a restaurant for one year so I don't have any relevant experience.

I have dual-citizenship for both Japan and the US so moving to Japan should not be an issue.

I am also planning to attend the Boston Career Forum this upcoming November. For those that don't know, it's a large Japanese-English bilingual career fair where companies that are interested in bilingual candidates can interview and hire candidates right on the spot. I'm hoping to get a job there and move back to Japan by the start of next year as a best case scenario. I'm open to any suggestions or advice.

Continue learning JavaScript and its frameworks (React, Vue.js, Angular) - they are in great demand. You can also try yourself further in Python.

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

8,879 posts, read 8,492,185 times
The pay would be atrocious. Yen is insanely weak. You'd be paid like US$30-40k before tax in Japan as a programmer.

Old Today, 03:08 AM

36 posts, read 33,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearinPool88 View Post

I am also planning to attend the Boston Career Forum this upcoming November. For those that don't know, it's a large Japanese-English bilingual career fair where companies that are interested in bilingual candidates can interview and hire candidates right on the spot. JavaScript will be at the top for a very long time. There are a lot of questions about AI right now. But I don’t think that a robot will ever replace a person in programming. So you can easily learn the language. I recently read about ai in crm benefits, found an article about AI in CRM and there is a lot of specifics there. For now I can say that AI can only help. But at first I myself was already disappointed that such a system appeared in the world. I thought that in half a year there would be no more programmers. Now I already want to learn the next programming language. I'm hoping to get a job there and move back to Japan by the start of next year as a best case scenario. I'm open to any suggestions or advice.
By the way, it’s better to learn React, it’s the most popular. Vue.js is already lagging behind.

Last edited by jawkinshere; Today at 04:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia