Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 11:02 PM

295 posts, read 356,287 times

Advertisements

Pakistan is hands down Asia's most underrated country. It also has the 3rd largest English speaking population in the world.

Here are some reasons why I personally think Pakistan is most underrated in Asia:

#1: It is the 5th (yes, fifth) most POPULATED country in the world.

#2. Has the 2nd highest mountain in the world aka K-2 (you cannot say this about many countries)

#3. Strategic location -- it is located Northwest of Oman, East of Iran, Southwest of China, East of Afghanistan and West of India. Pakistan is a country located in 3 regions (Middle East, Central Asia & South Asia)

#4: Second most beautiful Capital in the world: After London, Pakistan's capital is the most beautiful per sources.

#5: Gwadar, Pakistan is the largest deep seaport in the world.

#6: Every landscape is present in Pakistan: from the mountains in the North (Gilgit-Baltistan), to the Plains in the Punjab (Center) to the beaches, oceans and canyons in Sindh & Balochistan (South).

Below are some YouTube vlogs from westerners visiting Pak for all of us to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIqztvS-uns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQDom2gxiVc

Please discuss your view on Pakistan and where you would visit if given the opportunity to visit Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 12:31 AM

6,139 posts, read 3,362,970 times
I have visited there, stayed awhile, but not for tourism.

But could this country be considered “underrated” for reasons like supporting the Taliban? Not to mention hiding Bin Laden?

But if you are trying to imply that the people in Pakistan are friendly, I can buy that to a certain extent. I did meet a lot of people in the country and had mostly pleasant conversations.

Lastly, women traveling alone and LGBT people shouldn’t visit Pakistan. If I had a gay family member, or a female family member who was intent on touring Pakistan alone, I’d do my best to talk them out of it. However, if you are male and are interested in an adventure tour type of vacation, I’d sign off on going to Pakistan.

Sorry if this post offends anyone, but the truth is the truth.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:48 AM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have visited there, stayed awhile, but not for tourism.

But could this country be considered “underrated” for reasons like supporting the Taliban? Not to mention hiding Bin Laden?

But if you are trying to imply that the people in Pakistan are friendly, I can buy that to a certain extent. I did meet a lot of people in the country and had mostly pleasant conversations.

Lastly, women traveling alone and LGBT people shouldn’t visit Pakistan. If I had a gay family member, or a female family member who was intent on touring Pakistan alone, I’d do my best to talk them out of it. However, if you are male and are interested in an adventure tour type of vacation, I’d sign off on going to Pakistan.

Sorry if this post offends anyone, but the truth is the truth.
Several years ago I had a young Pakistani fellow who worked for me invite me to Pakistan. We would be staying with his family much of the time in Islamabad, but also travel to several places in the country. I said, "I don't think so, because I'm not sure it's safe for an American". His response was, "Well, while we're in Islamabad you can stay within the compound the whole time, and when we travel we will have an armed military guard [due to his father's government position]". I didn't exactly find that reassuring.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:25 PM

51 posts, read 33,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Several years ago I had a young Pakistani fellow who worked for me invite me to Pakistan. We would be staying with his family much of the time in Islamabad, but also travel to several places in the country. I said, "I don't think so, because I'm not sure it's safe for an American". His response was, "Well, while we're in Islamabad you can stay within the compound the whole time, and when we travel we will have an armed military guard [due to his father's government position]". I didn't exactly find that reassuring.

That was in 2014 terrorism was widespread. Now after a reform of Pakistan and its government and the anti terrorism squad, terrorist attacks or any crime aside from petty crime that is in the US as well, is rare. Especially in Islamabad. I know many females who have gone to Pakistan and loved it. Pakistan has some of the kindest people on this earth and this is coming from someone who has visited many countries.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:35 PM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
That was in 2014 terrorism was widespread. Now after a reform of Pakistan and its government and the anti terrorism squad, terrorist attacks or any crime aside from petty crime that is in the US as well, is rare. Especially in Islamabad. I know many females who have gone to Pakistan and loved it. Pakistan has some of the kindest people on this earth and this is coming from someone who has visited many countries.
Really?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-terror-attack

Old 06-09-2021, 10:54 PM

389 posts, read 400,978 times
It’s been a decade since my history classes, but wasn’t Pakistan part of India, before the partition in 1947? If you ask an average American, some think Pakistan and Indian people are the same. I had some friends from Pakistan who people thought they were Indian. They don’t realize their religious views are what sets them apart.

Anyway, I am not here to teach social studies. However, to answer your question, I think it should be in the right context. What I mean is according to who? According to who, is Pakistan the most underrated country in Asia? Everyone has a different opinion. I get what you are asking. I think Pakistan deserves acknowledgment for their persistence and pride in their traditions and religious observances. Unfortunately, they get associated with the wrong image because of Al-Qaeda and terrorized behavior. That is not true of everyone in that nation.

I think your question should really be “Does Pakistan get the acknowledgment it deserves?”

Old 06-09-2021, 11:00 PM

389 posts, read 400,978 times
It’s been a decade since my history classes, but wasn’t Pakistan part of India, before the partition in 1947? If you ask an average American, some think Pakistan and Indian people are the same. I had some friends from Pakistan who people thought they were Indian. They don’t realize their religious views are what sets them apart.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think it should be in the right context. What I mean is according to who? According to who, is Pakistan the most underrated country in Asia? Everyone has a different opinion. I get what you are asking. I think Pakistan deserves acknowledgment for their persistence and pride in their traditions and religious observances. Unfortunately, they get associated with the wrong image because of Al-Qaeda and terrorized behavior. That is not true of everyone in that nation.

I think your question should really be “Does Pakistan get the acknowledgment it deserves?”

Old 06-10-2021, 07:21 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,909,120 times
Well, Osama Bin Laden liked it...

The term "underrated" simply means it's it not valued highly enough. Maybe, but that's because the bar is set really really low for Pakistan due to a number of factors - terrorism, poverty, corruption, etc. It get's bad press, but these issues, although maybe exaggerated, do exist.

So yeah, underrated it is, that doesn't mean it's still not a crap hole.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:23 AM

51 posts, read 33,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

You didn't get my point. In 2008-2014 or 15 terrorism was widespread in all provinces. Now it only happens in Balochistan because that province is at war with the neighboring countries and military and such. Pakistani forces can even go there and I dont even think tourists can go there without a special ID from the government.

When was the last major terror attack in Islamabad? Lahore? Karachi?? these are cities tourists go to and have enjoyed immensely due to the lack of said attacks

Old 06-10-2021, 10:36 AM

574 posts, read 377,452 times
"Please come visit us and spend money". "We have less terrorism now".

I cant wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia