Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 11:23 AM

51 posts, read 33,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
"Please come visit us and spend money". "We have less terrorism now".

I cant wait.
Yeah, I dont see a problem? We as a country are progressing, and we are distancing ourselves from the past more and more everyday. You havent seen the stats clearly. Pakistan has many many many issues but it is a functioning country and safety is not one of them (atleast anymore) its doing much better than other countries in its league such as Somalia, Nigeria and other African countries, even many South American countries too.

And atleast we don't have random phsycopaths killing 10+ people every other week because they were having a "bad day" LOL Indianopolis, Las vegas, San jose, Atlanta, Colorado, Miami,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 04:20 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,492,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well, Osama Bin Laden liked it...

The term "underrated" simply means it's it not valued highly enough. Maybe, but that's because the bar is set really really low for Pakistan due to a number of factors - terrorism, poverty, corruption, etc. It get's bad press, but these issues, although maybe exaggerated, do exist.

So yeah, underrated it is, that doesn't mean it's still not a crap hole.
Underrated/Overrated are fairly ambiguous terms. They just mean that something is getting less or more praise than it deserves. Of course, “deserve” here is defined by the individual making the statement.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:27 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,032,612 times
Context is key. I think Pakistan is underrated and India is overrated. Tourists get scammed and ripped off left and right in India; many vloggers report that businesses won´t take their money in Pakistan. Muslim hospitality is the real deal.

That being said, I´m sure some of the people commenting on here about how they´d never go to Pakistan probably wouldn´t go to large parts of the developing world any damn way.

If I go to Pakistan one day, great. But there are a whole lot of countries in front of it on the list for me.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:14 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
No offense, but I'll pass.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:20 PM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
Context is key. I think Pakistan is underrated and India is overrated. Tourists get scammed and ripped off left and right in India; many vloggers report that businesses won´t take their money in Pakistan. Muslim hospitality is the real deal.

That being said, I´m sure some of the people commenting on here about how they´d never go to Pakistan probably wouldn´t go to large parts of the developing world any damn way.

If I go to Pakistan one day, great. But there are a whole lot of countries in front of it on the list for me.
The americans in this thread wont like this even though its true, americans are huge fans of India as many Americans are anti muslim.

to the americans, show one video where an vlogger in india tries to pay for his meal, and the resturant owner gives the meal for free? its commonplace in pakistan.

Shows the kindness of Pakistanis. Even though they are in poverty and would never let an oppurtuinty to gain money go to waste, they welcome the stranger from abroad and give the meal for free even when they know they will take a loss. I have seen Americans or other foreginers get invited for tea in Pakistan aswell.

Show me any examples in india please and I am waiting.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:45 PM

1,471 posts, read 1,416,227 times
Disco hopping and Shah Cola in Tehran, maybe..Islamabad? Never say never, but it certainly seems to be lacking in the wine, women, and song category...but so is Wyoming, lol.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:28 AM

295 posts, read 355,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post

Spot on. Pakistan is a unique country because it’s located in such a strategic location. Think of it this way. Pakistan’s Gwadar is a Middle Eastern city. 60 years ago Gwadar was a part of Oman. Then you have Peshawar and Quetta which are Central Asian cities. The capital is both central Asian and south Asian. Lahore and Karachi are South Asian cities. So in conclusion, Pakistan has 3 regions that’s in it. It also has the 5th most people in the world. Over 60 languages are spoken in Pakistan. All of these factors will always make Pakistan unique and underrated.

Prior to the contrary, Pakistan is actually very safe. There are many Westerners in Pakistan living a great life. You can ask them if they feel safe.

Pakistan and America actually have a lot of similarities.

On the other hand, India is very overrated and overcrowded.

One more thing: Nothing beats Pakstani hospitality.

Last edited by LakersWon310; 06-11-2021 at 01:40 AM..

Old 06-11-2021, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No offense, but I'll pass.
What do you really know about Pakistan? Seems like the Indians have fooled you.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Well, Osama Bin Laden liked it...

The term "underrated" simply means it's it not valued highly enough. Maybe, but that's because the bar is set really really low for Pakistan due to a number of factors - terrorism, poverty, corruption, etc. It get's bad press, but these issues, although maybe exaggerated, do exist.

So yeah, underrated it is, that doesn't mean it's still not a crap hole.
This is another misleading statement.

No country on Earth has suffered more from this menace than Pakistan.

Did you know? The largest Christianity cross of Asia is actually located in Pak.

Old 06-11-2021, 06:07 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
What do you really know about Pakistan? Seems like the Indians have fooled you.
Well, I did thoroughly enjoy my time in India. I like Pakistani food (and food in general from the region). But I see no reason to travel there.

There is also a terrorism problem there, which I am keen to avoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia