Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jakarta VS Bangkok VS Manila
Jakarta 14 15.38%
Bangkok 53 58.24%
Manila 24 26.37%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 01:08 AM

5 posts, read 17,409 times

Advertisements

Which is better to live? and why?

please share your thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 04:13 PM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
1.Bangkok
2.Manila
3.Jakarta

Old 05-29-2016, 11:07 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Many people who say bangkok and manila better than Jakarta. it is their opinion, myself would say Jakarta the best is because I live in Jakarta .
comparison Jakarta/Jkt of the two countries ( bkk/mnl ) , especially transportation , I would say Jakarta still lags than manila or bangkok, the two countries already have a modern transportation such as MRT / lrt / bts..while Jakarta do not have it, is a mainstay of transportation " Jakarta" today is Busway "BRT " and KRL. perhaps the one thing that will tell you all that Jakarta has a lot of green space that may not owned Bangkok and Manila. because Jakarta Slogan today is "Jakarta Clean, Advanced, Selve".

Old 05-30-2016, 03:37 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,868,743 times
Default could you translate in EN please ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Many people who say bangkok and manila better than Jakarta. it is their opinion, myself would say Jakarta the best is because I live in Jakarta .
comparison Jakarta/Jkt of the two countries ( bkk/mnl ) , especially transportation , I would say Jakarta still lags than manila or bangkok, the two countries already have a modern transportation such as MRT / lrt / bts..while Jakarta do not have it, is a mainstay of transportation " Jakarta" today is Busway "BRT " and KRL. perhaps the one thing that will tell you all that Jakarta has a lot of green space that may not owned Bangkok and Manila. because Jakarta Slogan today is "Jakarta Clean, Advanced, Selve".

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:14 AM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Hi Winny

Jakarta is already advanced in terms of transportation, we will see jakarta 2 years to come have -Model Transportation- we will enjoy together, you can view the progress of the construction of the MRT which divides the business center of Jakarta, and you can see now government issued the cost is so high to buy many bus "busway" are expensive that imported directly from europe is for the convenience of the citizens of jakarta. in contrast to earlier scared to buy expensive because of bus . cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKdV1b25Gs

Old 02-14-2017, 12:20 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Ah, I like all three cities for various reasons.

But, Bangkok is just more pleasant to stroll around in different neighborhoods.

What I like about Manila and Jakarta is that I can communicate with most people using English, where it isn't as common to find English-speaking Thai people in Thailand.

But the fact that Bangkok welcomes tons and tons and tons of foreigners, and is generally quite safe strolling around, certainly makes it most foreigner-friendly city.

Particularly Manila, and Jakarta is more aligned with Manila, but I usually feel like I gotta get out of the street, into a taxi, and head to some mall or 'safe space' from the streets, so I can comfortably stroll around stress-free. On the plus side, Manila malls are fantastic, but I would prefer to equally enjoy just strolling around comfortably in city streets all day, just the same.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:44 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
1. bANGKOK
2. mANILA
3. kAKARTA

Old 02-23-2017, 09:32 PM

90 posts, read 111,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Hi Winny

Jakarta is already advanced in terms of transportation, we will see jakarta 2 years to come have -Model Transportation- we will enjoy together, you can view the progress of the construction of the MRT which divides the business center of Jakarta, and you can see now government issued the cost is so high to buy many bus "busway" are expensive that imported directly from europe is for the convenience of the citizens of jakarta. in contrast to earlier scared to buy expensive because of bus . cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJKdV1b25Gs
yeah good goverment !!!!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:37 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
These buses in Jakarta aren't better forms of transit than in Manila or Bangkok. There are a lot of issues with running buses, however nice, within traffic rather than grade-separated though I understand Jakarta is trying to change that.

However, even with that, I still like Jakarta better than Manila though not Bangkok.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:11 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
Based on my observations:

1. Bangkok
2. Manila
3. Jakarta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia