Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:58 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Arkansas has some of the prettiest scenery in the country, that really is the truth. But I have noticed a bit of surliness at times. Oklahoma tends to be friendlier IMO.

The prettiest scenery in the country is in Alaska. I'd rather Arkansas around 15th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 07:12 AM

827 posts, read 658,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The prettiest scenery in the country is in Alaska. I'd rather Arkansas around 15th.
You have to freeze to see it.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
don't take things so literally. I don't think anyone can say for certain, this or that is the most beautiful place. It is all subjective. Some would say Fl or Ca, some the high desert in NM and others right here in Ar. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Yes, for many of us who have traveled throughout the country we do rate AR toward the top.

Sub, interesting you think those who love Ar and wouldn't live anywhere else are only those who do not know about other states. Lot so us have lived all over the country and traveled outside the country. We still love the state we now call home.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:47 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The parts of Arkansas that people seem to like the most is very much like the hills you see in Tennessee, Kentucky, or any number of places east of the Mississippi. It just doesn't stand out to me at all.
Alaska on the other hand..... I'd make Randy Parker from A Christmas Story look like he was going to the beach just to see that place, even in the winter.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The parts of Arkansas that people seem to like the most is very much like the hills you see in Tennessee, Kentucky, or any number of places east of the Mississippi. It just doesn't stand out to me at all.
Alaska on the other hand..... I'd make Randy Parker from A Christmas Story look like he was going to the beach just to see that place, even in the winter.
Is anyone doubting some of the scenery in AR is much different than the states you mention and the same could be said about W.V. the fact still remains, whether you want to hear it or not, AR is one of the prettiest states in the union. I don't think anyone has said the prettiest. My oh My you like to split hairs don't you?

Old 03-30-2018, 02:22 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Since it's being discussed, the most beautiful place I've ever seen is Yellowstone and Grand Teton park in WY and MT, and Yes, I've even been to Alaska.

Sub, do you live in AR? You always have the worst things to say so I hope you've been able to move away to put yourself out of your own misery.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:52 PM
sub

Wow, you people take things too seriously.
I'm not miserable, I just state my opinions. If having differing opinions makes one miserable, then okay, I guess I'm miserable.

I'm kind of a nomad, by the way, and make no apologies for it. There are places I like and places I don't care for, but I always enjoy the experience of moving from time to time. I never expect it to be perfect.

Last edited by sub; 03-30-2018 at 05:37 PM..

Old 03-30-2018, 05:09 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
sub:Wow, you people take things too seriously.
I'm not miserable, I just state my opinions. If having differing opinions makes one miserable, then okay, I guess I'm miserable.
And you still don't say if you are,
or ever were, in AR.
Where in AR did you hear these surly voices?

Old 03-30-2018, 05:13 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Is anyone doubting some of the scenery in AR is much different than the states you mention and the same could be said about W.V. the fact still remains, whether you want to hear it or not, AR is one of the prettiest states in the union. I don't think anyone has said the prettiest. My oh My you like to split hairs don't you?
I don't recall using the word prettiest.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:37 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
And you still don't say if you are,
or ever were, in AR.
Where in AR did you hear these surly voices?
In case you missed it elsewhere, 20+ years. Some as a youth, some as a grown up. I've lived in various places in the state, never fully escaping the voices.
There are few places in Arkansas I haven't been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas