Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I second the Smirnoff.....
I agree and Absolute is a good one as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 11:02 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,120 times
Pretty much any Ukrainian Vodka is smooth and good. Hard to find in the states except if you live in a Ukrainian area.
Try Medoff, Krutysa. or Nemoff.

Not smooth exactly but honey hot pepper vodka is tasty.

The absolute cheapest I have ever tried is Gordons. I'ts OK in a mixed drink.

Last edited by warren zee; 07-30-2012 at 11:13 PM..

Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM

414 posts, read 1,095,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Idaho russets are better suited for french fries, in my opinion.
I agree!

Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Pretty much any Ukrainian Vodka is smooth and good. Hard to find in the states except if you live in a Ukrainian area.
Try Medoff, Krutysa. or Nemoff.

Not smooth exactly but honey hot pepper vodka is tasty.

The absolute cheapest I have ever tried is Gordons. I'ts OK in a mixed drink.
I quite often buy Gordons for exactly that use: mixed drinks, like vokda and tonic. Our daughter and son in law lived in Poland for 2 years and fell in love with Polish vodkas...Many years ago, and I mean many, my husband worked for a liquor store one summer while in college: the owner told him, vodka is vodka when it is in a mixed drink. This isn't true straight, but otherwise. I don't know whether he was right or not, but that has always stuck in my mind.

Nita

Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,236,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I quite often buy Gordons for exactly that use: mixed drinks, like vokda and tonic. Our daughter and son in law lived in Poland for 2 years and fell in love with Polish vodkas...Many years ago, and I mean many, my husband worked for a liquor store one summer while in college: the owner told him, vodka is vodka when it is in a mixed drink. This isn't true straight, but otherwise. I don't know whether he was right or not, but that has always stuck in my mind.

Nita
Glad you agree! If I want a good vodka I can skip Smirnoff. Neither are fantastic but gordons does the job, has no strange taste and does not give a hangover when it's consumed responsibly.

Georgi Vodka is NOT vodka in a mixed drink. It is really bad. Tried it in college. Never again.

Polish vodkas are also good but cost a bit more.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Glad you agree! If I want a good vodka I can skip Smirnoff. Neither are fantastic but gordons does the job, has no strange taste and does not give a hangover when it's consumed responsibly.

Georgi Vodka is NOT vodka in a mixed drink. It is really bad. Tried it in college. Never again.

Polish vodkas are also good but cost a bit more.
Agree on all of this,especially the part about giving us a headache: yep, if we get one, it is usually due to over indulgence and I can get one drinking cheap or expenisve anything. As for Polish, Trader Joes has one that is pretty inexpensive or they did last time I checked.

Nita

Old 03-26-2019, 09:07 AM

1,199 posts, read 725,761 times
I like Romanoff, Burnett's and Georgi which are middle of the road. I buy the gallon bottles and mix them with Kool Aid to serve to my friends.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:20 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,480,811 times
Pinnacle

5 times distilled, imported from France and a great price.

Straight or for Mixed Drinks

https://www.pinnaclevodka.com/home

Old 03-26-2019, 03:43 PM

447 posts, read 208,760 times
Since I tend to over indulge in drinking, I get the cheapest vodka at my local grocery store because I like to mix it with Cool Blue Gatorade. Hey at least I'm keeping hydrated right?

Old 03-26-2019, 03:49 PM

70 posts, read 47,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
After tasting grey goose, I won't go back to the cheap crap I used to drink. I don't drink much vodka, but if I do it's gonna be the goose.

I once did a taste test a few years ago.

#1 - Grey Goose (100/100, very "clean")

#2 - Van Gogh (95/100, "clean")

#3 - Ketel One (65/100, metallic aftertaste)

#4 - Absolut (40/100, a big step up from Smirnoff)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages