Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 4,414 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering a move to the Albany area and are looking to live outside of the city within close commuting distance. We have four children ages 5 to 14 so we need a town with good elementary, middle and high schools. Also, my two oldest play in the school band and orchestra. We have looked at Guilderland and Bethlehem. Any thoughts on which is the better all around town and school district? Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 04:19 PM

93,263 posts, read 123,898,066 times
You probably couldn't go wrong either way. Here is some information on both districts:Bethlehem Central School District - Delmar, NY

Guilderland Central School District

Bethlehem Central School District schools - district elementary, middle, and high school information

Guilderland Central School District schools - district elementary, middle, and high school information

https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/District.do?year=2007&county=ALBANY&district=01030 6060000 (broken link)

https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/District.do?year=2007&county=ALBANY&district=01080 2060000 (broken link)

Some other districts to check out are the Colonie school districts(South Colonie and North Colonie) too.

North Colonie Central Schools - Latham, NY

South Colonie Central School District :: South Colonie Central School District - A school district near Albany, New York.

https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/District.do?year=2007&county=ALBANY&district=01060 1060000 (broken link)

https://www.nystart.gov/publicweb/District.do?year=2007&county=ALBANY&district=01060 5060000 (broken link)

Old 08-20-2008, 01:52 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
I went to Bethlehem schools and my cousins went to Guilderland schools. Both are a high tax burden if you can afford it. I would say that academically they are about equal and both have great reputations. Where Guilderland has a huge edge over Bethlehem is in extracirricular activities and sports. Guilderland has one of the top student newspapers in the nation. It also had a the number one cheerleading team in the US a few years ago. So academically they are equal but in sports and clubs Guilderland blows Bethlehem out of the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area