Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 04:05 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Bing is now powered by artificial intelligence.
I asked this question of my search engine, Bing. "Can you speak?" Answer "I’m sorry but I’m not capable of speaking as I am a text-based conversational agent. However, I can understand and communicate fluently in the user’s language of choice such as English, 中文, 日本語, Español, Français or Deutsch. How can I help you today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2023, 08:49 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
ChatGPT blows my mind. No matter what I ask, it answers like I'm talking to an expert on that topic.

Old 04-22-2023, 02:20 PM

Searching for: how to protect privacy chat gpt

Generating answers for you…

Here are some tips for keeping your data secure when using ChatGPT:

Be mindful of the information you share – avoid sharing personal information.
Consider using a fake name or pseudonym when interacting with ChatGPT.
Avoid public WiFi – instead use a secure private network.
If you are using ChatGPT through a third-party application or service, check the privacy settings to ensure that your data is not shared with third parties1.
I hope this helps!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=where+...60923ce724615f

Old 04-22-2023, 04:00 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bing is now powered by artificial intelligence.
I asked this question of my search engine, Bing. "Can you speak?" Answer "I’m sorry but I’m not capable of speaking as I am a text-based conversational agent. However, I can understand and communicate fluently in the user’s language of choice such as English, 中文, 日本語, Español, Français or Deutsch. How can I help you today?

So, did you have a meaningful conversation?
Got helpful answers for your questions?
I wonder. Because my conversation with AI didn't went too well...
See my post #149 here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...l#post65129633

Old 04-22-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So, did you have a meaningful conversation?
Got helpful answers for your questions?
I wonder. Because my conversation with AI didn't went too well...
See my post #149 here:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/shop...l#post65129633
I asked it to compose a poem for my daughter. All I gave it was my daughter's name and it came up with this within a few seconds.

Deanne, you are a shining star,
A light that brightens up the dark.
Your smile is like the morning sun,
A new day has just begun.
You bring joy to those around you,
And make the world a better place.
Your kindness and your gentle heart,
Are gifts that time cannot erase.
So here's to you, dear Deanne,
May your days be filled with love and light.
May all your dreams come true,
May your future be happy and bright.

Old 04-22-2023, 07:04 PM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I asked it to compose a poem for my daughter. All I gave it was my daughter's name and it came up with this within a few seconds.

Deanne, you are a shining star,
A light that brightens up the dark.
Your smile is like the morning sun,
A new day has just begun.
You bring joy to those around you,
And make the world a better place.
Your kindness and your gentle heart,
Are gifts that time cannot erase.
So here's to you, dear Deanne,
May your days be filled with love and light.
May all your dreams come true,
May your future be happy and bright.
While that is very nice, you didn't compose it. It may be lacking that one ingredient- it came from you. Because when you hand her a poem, she will want to know who wrote it. So, it's no different then a greeting card with name filled in.

Are you going to give it to her?

Old 04-22-2023, 07:39 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
I have never used that thing so could someone ask Chat GPT this:
"What women want?"

Old 04-23-2023, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
While that is very nice, you didn't compose it. It may be lacking that one ingredient- it came from you. Because when you hand her a poem, she will want to know who wrote it. So, it's no different then a greeting card with name filled in.

Are you going to give it to her?
Already posted on her facebook page with a full explanation that AI wrote it. It was an example of what AI is capable of.

Old 04-23-2023, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I have never used that thing so could someone ask Chat GPT this:
"What women want?"

Sure thing, hang on a minute.

Looks like you even stumped AI.... Answer "That’s a very broad and complex question that may not have a definitive answer. Different women may want different things from life, relationships, work, and themselves. However, some possible sources of insight are found here. https://www.cosmopolitan.in/life/fea...ality-and-more

Old 05-07-2023, 07:09 AM

17 posts, read 13,073 times
Default not a expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
ChatGPT blows my mind. No matter what I ask, it answers like I'm talking to an expert on that topic.

Be careful with that. It talks like a expert but its not really. I did some experiments in its knowledge, calculations, logic and deductive reasoning. I used a tv show called Earth final conflict and tried to have it deduct what year in the future the show was. On several occasions it stated as fact things that never happened, confused information and or directly contradicted established events that we had just spoken about. It will also take your stated information as fact in its calculations even if there is a conflict with clear known facts. I was using chat gbt 4 for the test with a paid subscription. It also doesn't think steps ahead even when directed to consider stated facts in the calculations. it was very strange for a entity that shouldn't have memory issues to not remember things. I many times had to point at a bit of information or what happened in the show which it did know about for it to then consider it.

I will say that it was a very cerebral and enjoyable conversation that would have likely frustrated and or bored others except the most die hards that can talk about their interests for hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > AI