Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 PM

13 posts, read 5,740 times

Advertisements

Ok so second question here. Sorry! Looking to move to Washougal and wondering if you had a choice between Cape Horn Skye or the newer Columbia River Gorge school what would you pick and why. Are they equal quality? Demographics? I can’t really find any reviews on the newer school but families seem happy with Cape as far as I can tell. Just hoping someone who is familiar with the schools can offer some input. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 08:37 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,754 posts, read 58,140,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzB View Post
Ok so second question here. Sorry! Looking to move to Washougal and wondering if you had a choice between Cape Horn Skye or the newer Columbia River Gorge school (?) families seem happy with Cape as far as I can tell. Just hoping someone who is familiar with the schools can offer some input. Thank you!

NEW CG school? I only know of Mt Pleasant (a school with very historic roots) A one school school district!!! yippee! (Tho Washougal District would love to capture it, And has positioned to do so (yippee for them MORE taxes!!! (more slop in the pig trough))). Several friends have been happy with Cape Horn Skye. I know (3) teachers there who like it.

Nothing is perfect, especially public schools! I have volunteered in several, but not Cape Horn Skye.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
NEW CG school? I only know of Mt Pleasant (a school with very historic roots) A one school school district!!! yippee! (Tho Washougal District would love to capture it, And has positioned to do so (yippee for them MORE taxes!!! (more slop in the pig trough))). Several friends have been happy with Cape Horn Skye. I know (3) teachers there who like it.

Nothing is perfect, especially public schools! I have volunteered in several, but not Cape Horn Skye.
Yes! As far as I can tell there is a new elementary next to Jemetegaard ( I’m sure I spelled that wrong!) . The campus looks really nice https://lswarchitects.com/project/je...entary-school/
Other than it being new and looking nice, I don’t know much more about it. Good to know that people enjoy Cape though! We almost got a house in the Mt. Pleasant district and that school looks awesome.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:10 PM

Watch your tax districts... I have (2) homes in Mt Pleasant district and one is taxed at 8.2% and the other 14.4%. (just across the street from each other).

Old 05-15-2019, 10:40 PM

5,454 posts, read 7,759,493 times
Quote:
Ok so second question here. Sorry! Looking to move to Washougal and wondering if you had a choice between Cape Horn Skye or the newer Columbia River Gorge school what would you pick and why. Are they equal quality? Demographics? I can’t really find any reviews on the newer school but families seem happy with Cape as far as I can tell. Just hoping someone who is familiar with the schools can offer some input. Thank you!
No first hand experience with either school but people I know who live and work out there say it is pretty homogeneous. In other words, you're not really going to find much difference in staff, budgets, or student demographics. They are both in the same district. I'd pick the house you like better and not really worry about the school.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
No first hand experience with either school but people I know who live and work out there say it is pretty homogeneous. In other words, you're not really going to find much difference in staff, budgets, or student demographics. They are both in the same district. I'd pick the house you like better and not really worry about the school.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. This new school is pretty cool looking (they had to specially design it so it fit into the natural landscape) but that may be the only difference.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that seems to be the case. This new school is pretty cool looking (they had to specially design it so it fit into the natural landscape) but that may be the only difference.
This address / land area for new school building is within the CGNSA, they need to comply with design guidelines.

Nearby subdivision (Off Sunset View Rd) is NOT in CGNSA. From Vista House (Oregon) it is very obvious where 'ugly' prevails, and where 'protected' begins (White privacy fences and houses and trim / vs 'visually subdued' requirements for CGNSA)

Personally, I would stick with Skye, I am not too impressed with 'city schools' (having been subjected to that myself (transitioning to "city school" from a ranch school in Colorado for grade 9+)). Tragic waste of time in my case (and many others).

YMMV

We homeschooled (with 300+ others in Camas Washougal,) then direct to Running Start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area