Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 12:04 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,773,822 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced nice all inclusive hotel on Bermuda? If not, then a reasonably priced nice hotel with restaurants in the area. I know Bermuda is one of the more expensive islands to go to but it's close and I don't want to fly far. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:04 PM

482 posts, read 2,417,806 times
We have done an all-inclusive in Jamacia at a resort called Couples, itwas wonderful, we went to the one in Ocho Rios which is an old plantation. We also did an all-inclusive in Cancun but I cannot remember the name of it, it had just changed names when we went and I would bet has since then. On the bus to the location they stopped several places to drop off people and I think the company booking everyone was called Apple tours. Our place was fine, nice beach areas, food was very good, all you can drink, I don't think we had any complaints, it was wonderful too. I do love all-inclusive places, it is like being on a cruise except on land and it is actually better because the drinks are free too and it is not so crowded like cruises are, much more romantic!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Thanks but I was looking for info. about Bermuda mostly. I don't want to go to Jamaica, been there and done that too many times and definitely don't want Cancun.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:50 PM

228 posts, read 1,000,523 times
I cruised to Bermuda and loved it, so cant help you with a hotel. But, check out Trip Advisor. They will have a list of all the hotels in the area with very recent reviews about each one. I couldnt travel without it! You will love Bermuda. It is a little more expensive, but its nice and clean and the people are so nice. The bus system is fairly easy to use to. No car rentals there...Dot

Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced nice all inclusive hotel on Bermuda? If not, then a reasonably priced nice hotel with restaurants in the area. I know Bermuda is one of the more expensive islands to go to but it's close and I don't want to fly far. Thanks.
Why Bermuda in particular? What's that special about it? I for one wouldn't go any near Bermuda, but that's me...

Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotLib View Post
I cruised to Bermuda and loved it, so cant help you with a hotel. But, check out Trip Advisor. They will have a list of all the hotels in the area with very recent reviews about each one. I couldnt travel without it! You will love Bermuda. It is a little more expensive, but its nice and clean and the people are so nice. The bus system is fairly easy to use to. No car rentals there...Dot
I look on Trip Advisor but it almost makes things more confusing. Just when I find a resort that looks good to me or sounds good, I read a bunch of people complaining about it. I guess you have to go with the majority (positive) but I would almost rather not know about some of the complaints so I go on vacation with an open mind, not wondering if those things mentioned will be wrong. Do you know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Why Bermuda in particular? What's that special about it? I for one wouldn't go any near Bermuda, but that's me...
I'm not set on Bermuda, I was just asking about it. I've been to Bermuda but only as a stop on a cruise and always wanted to go back to see more of the island. The other reason is because it's the closest to us and I've been to most of the others several times.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:14 PM

228 posts, read 1,000,523 times
Yes, I understand. I too like to go with an open mind, but if the majority is saying dont stay there, they are infested with bedbugs, then its a pretty good bet that you might have more in your bed than you want!

But, I do like CruiseCritic and TA to see what other people are doing in the area that I want to visit. You can get good help, but do take it with a grain of salt...I like both because you can get good reviews from people that were there recently...I do find that Im a little more easily pleased than most ...

Old 08-06-2009, 08:01 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Bermuda has no all-inclusives , and the restaurants are very expensive there. I was there on a Cruise, and it was $75 for Lunch, and we didn't order that much.
Bahamas has All-inclusives, even a Sandals, and that is also close.

Hotels and Resorts in Nassau, Bahamas by Travel Impressions

That will list hotels for you to look at. You can't book on that site because they only book with Travel Agents.

Diane G

Old 08-10-2009, 12:04 PM

702 posts, read 3,009,939 times
Try Grotto Bay Resort, although it is near the airport, it is an excellent location to explore the island as it is situated at the crossroads between St. George and Hamilton. It's close to Crystal Caverns, the Railroad trail, the botanical gardens, and even walkable to the zoo. BTW, I'd recommend St. George over Hamilton, which is a bigger city but nothing special.

GROTTO BAY BEACH BERMUDA (http://www.grottobay.com/rates/rates.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel