Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,115,959 times

Advertisements

Each country has it's strengths (as well as weaknesses), makes sense to have co-operation rather than each country go at it individually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,794,183 times
orogenicman
Quote:
I am 100% certain that if you have a specific area that you are interested in, and make a request to India's space agency in charge of the probe, they would be more than happy to release the photo and any other data to you for a nominal price. After all, they are not NASA, and expect to get paid for their work. Other agencies do the same thing. THAT is how it works.
No, this is NOT how it works at all. You are flat out wrong.

This is EXACTLY how the space agencies seem to think and they are wrong too. They have lost their proper perspective on things.

People of the world pay for these space missions. You cannot say that one country ever has full control over their own space mission (even China or Russia) simply because these are paid for out of taxes and are undertaken using the people's money. THAT is why a space agency should never ever withhold any of the the data it collects.

If you trundle over to the Indian space agency forum you will see that I have asked where all the data is and no-one appears to know. Of course - unless you do.

The proper place for these images is in the USA PDS which is where all the other space data is kept. (OK, the EU has a library of space data too)

Last edited by ocpaul20; 02-02-2012 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: aaa

Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
If you trundle over to the Indian space agency forum you will see that I have asked where all the data is and no-one appears to know. Of course - unless you do.
So in your mind C-D is the only place to find information out on the Internet.

You think that conspiracy juice you've been drinking (or the chemtrails you've been breathing) has clouded your thinking?

Took me all of 3 (three) seconds to find this information out using that complex and highly technical search tool called Google (if you have trouble using this search tool don't hesitate to DM me):

NRSC Data Centre [NDC],
National Remote Sensing Centre,
Department of Space,
Government of India,
Balanagar, Hyderabad-500 037
Phone : 00 91 040 23878560 or 23879572 Extn:2327
Fax: 00 91 040 23878664 or 23878158
Fax No.23413804
E Mail: sales@nrsc.gov.in

And if they can't give you what you want contact:

Director,
P&PR Unit, ISRO Hqs,
Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road,
Bangalore-560 231
Phone No : 080 23415275 or 22172296
Fax No : 080 23511984
E Mail: satish@isro.gov.in

I *do* have a 9600 b/s dial-up connection so it's understandable the response time you get on your search query could be longer than what I experienced.

Last edited by plwhit; 02-03-2012 at 01:10 AM..

Old 02-03-2012, 01:25 AM

And why would they give it to me rather than all the scientists who use the PDS?

It is much easier to just answer the question you want to answer, rather than the question I ask.
Which is - where is the data of the 40,000 images+ that the Indian space mission managed to capture before it went AWOL?

It is the data I am looking for not the address of the people to contact. Anyway, this forum I mentioned above is the official forum.

China - I have been registered on their website since the original moon spacecraft went up and I have heard nothing from them about data releases. (apart from the few official image press releases for publicity)

Anyway... Russia/NASA grand plans and grand objectives, but nothing will come of it. What we have to ask ourselves is why they bother to keep bringing this up again and again and nothing happens?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
And why would they give it to me rather than all the scientists who use the PDS?

It is much easier to just answer the question you want to answer, rather than the question I ask.
Which is - where is the data of the 40,000 images+ that the Indian space mission managed to capture before it went AWOL?

It is the data I am looking for not the address of the people to contact. Anyway, this forum I mentioned above is the official forum.

China - I have been registered on their website since the original moon spacecraft went up and I have heard nothing from them about data releases. (apart from the few official image press releases for publicity)

Anyway... Russia/NASA grand plans and grand objectives, but nothing will come of it. What we have to ask ourselves is why they bother to keep bringing this up again and again and nothing happens?
Who would be better to answer your question(s) than the Indian Space Agency? As far as your other question goes it sounds like the PRC are a bunch of defeatists. We in the west if it fails, we'll re-engineer and then try again and again if necessary to get it right. Russia and the United States have had quite successful joint space ops. Your attitude couldn't be because you portion of the failed mission was burnt beyond recognition and is sitting in a few thousand feet down on the Pacific Ocean floor/

I guess if no-one is replying to your messages no-one is taking you seriously (like here)....

You should be commended in your adherence to the Conspiracy Code of Conduct:

1. NEVER ASK THE SOURCE ABOUT SOMETHING, ALWAYS ASK SOMEBODY ELSE.

2. THERE CAN NEVER BE A SIMPLE ANSWER TO ANYTHING.

3. WHEN SOMETHING IS UNKNOWN, BLAME "THEM" FOR COVERING UP THE TRUTH.

4. THERE ALWAYS HAS TO BE A MALICIOUS REASON BEHIND THE LACK OF DATA.

5. "THEY" WILL MAKE THEMSELVES KNOWN TO EARTHLINGS WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

6. I AM ONE OF THE CHOSEN FEW, I AM A TRUE BELIEVER AND I KNOW THE TRUTH.

Last edited by plwhit; 02-03-2012 at 01:52 AM..

Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 AM

yes, thats one way to avoid the issue.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
yes, thats one way to avoid the issue.
Buddy, you want the answers and I'm not going to do your grunt work for you.

The answers are out there, you just have to grow up, bite the bullet and go do the research it on your very own.

I did supply you with the names and address of the proper offices to talk with in the Indian Space Agency, if you don't want to avail yourself of that knowledge than KMA and stop your whining.

diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium

Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 AM

Dont pretent you are being so helpful and try to find issue that I am not doing my investigations. If YOU had done the investigations, you would KNOW that the image information from the Indian space mission is NOT out there. - buddy.

The point is, you haven't helped at all.
It is like you asking me which where does milk come from?
Then in answer I give you the address of the French Embassy.
Totally unrelated to the question.

why the Indian data of the 40,000+ images is not available to scientists yet?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:25 AM

[quote=ocpaul20;22826892]Dont pretent you are being so helpful and try to find issue that I am not doing my investigations. If YOU had done the investigations, you would KNOW that the image information from the Indian space mission is NOT out there. - buddy.[/quote

My job as OP is to bring to light a scientific experiment, not to document it from a to z. That's what the links are for, for your additional reading, and if those articles you uncover only whet your appetite for more information it is up to you to ferret it out,

Quote:
The point is, you haven't helped at all.
It is like you asking me which where does milk come from?
Then in answer I give you the address of the French Embassy.
Totally unrelated to the question.
I kinda doubt it was me who asked about milk since my doctor has banned me from drinking it.

If you had bothered to read the addresses I provided you they were both addresses to personnel within: Welcome To Indian Space Research Organisation - Home Page

Quote:
Why the Indian data of the 40,000+ images is not available to scientists yet?
Why indeed, the source of the mission should be the one to answer that question rather than a C-D forum that has some Indians posting in it,

Face it, it seems you don't have the intelligence, the fortitude and the training required to talk to professional men within the Indian Space Agency.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,106,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I think it is a great idea for ESA, NASA, and the Russians to cooperate in such an endeavor. It increases the chances of success, while spreading the risk.
I suspect it'll be a cover for a space-based weapons alliance to contain China. The US and Russia have been cooperating in space for many years already. All in the interests of science and the good of mankind of course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space