Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,667 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone! Ok I'v been here for about a year now in south dakota and would like to meet some new people but have no idea how to go about it lol..Im think Im a pretty fun girl lol..I grew up on a ranch and love to country dance..the only problem is I dont have any girlfriends to go out with, I would like to make more friends, the girls that I do know always want to stay home or never call..guess theyre not such good friends..Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 12:07 PM

189 posts, read 562,523 times
people do not make friends easily as in the past. when i go to a new town i go to stores and eating places,etc and talk to people and introduce myself,say i'm new,etc. some will be friendly,others no. you are the one who will have to reach out,but dont expect instant success. first you must be a friend. go where people are. even churches are good places to meet people even if you are not the same belief. we are all human beings. volunteer at places,such as shelters for homeless,soup kitchens,fund raisers. the places you can volunteer are numerous. go out and seek people to talk to and help when you can. this is how i meet people. you may have to suggest someone go someplace with you,tactfully, giving them an easy way to say no. dont give up. just reach out. thats what i do. talk to all kinds of people,young,old,etc,different cultures,and you can find joy in doing so. I DO!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 01:26 PM

819 posts, read 1,736,891 times
Default howdy all

I make friends were ever I go. I guess its how out going you are.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,578,439 times
Personality helps. I can seem to strike up a conversation with ease. I can be a bit shy at first. See whats going on in the community, find a church to become involved with or community project. All are ways I've made friends.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM

19 posts, read 49,875 times
Leanns -- Funny, I'm having the same problem as you except in Houston TX. I'm from the Sioux Falls area, and tons of my friends live there -- maybe you'll run into them -- they're all super friendly Anyway, people in my college classes and neighborhood are much older than me, and though I normally make friends easily in four years I haven't really met anyone I'd call a friend. So, I started just doing what I normally do, what I am interested in, and have already bumped into a few more people more my age with more common interests. No luck yet, but it helps get out of that "I have no friends" mode -- to know there has to be peeps out there with friend potential you just haven't met yet. So I'm saying, if you like to country dance, go to the places where you can do so, by yourself, and put yourself out there. Going out by yourself is sort of freeing too, you can extend yourself differently than you maybe would if you were with a group. If that sounds scary to you, go ahead and start by get acquainted with the people who work at said dancing spots, like bartenders/waitresses, and they can help introduce you to people there. Most people think it's pretty ballsy and cool to go places by yourself and will open up to you just for putting yourself out there. Good luck!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM

19 posts, read 49,875 times
(Sorry about the sioux falls reference -- didn't see you're in Spearfish)

Old 07-30-2016, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,530 times
Default meet new people

I just graduated and I literally don't have any hobbies to keep me busy.I would like to meet new people whom I can hang out and try new things with

Old 07-30-2016, 09:39 PM

6,893 posts, read 7,520,486 times
Tell us where in South Dakota you are located.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 AM
dpf

132 posts, read 314,134 times
How about joining a dart league, a bowling league or pool league? The Pink Ladies Dart Leagues are becoming very popular. They raise money for local cancer patients to defray costs. I believe Spearfish has a very active Rec Center...take a class. You won't meet people sitting at home....get yourself out and about doing something you enjoy that requires you to interact with other girls your age.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:04 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,578,439 times
The OP is a one hit poster from six years ago.

But it still stands, go out and get involved. Volunteering is still a great way to meet people and give back to the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota