View Full Version: Philosophy Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

1. Is dying important for reincarnation?: religion, Buddhism, soul, nature - Philosophy
  2. People who are passive aggressive: soul, purpose, life, self - Philosophy
  3. Is the outside world becoming too boring and lethargic?: society - Philosophy
  4. A morality exercise: life, self - Philosophy
  5. Student an Interview: nature - Philosophy
  6. Lewis and Tolkien debate myths and lies - Philosophy
  7. Kinky or Practical? - Philosophy
  8. Why do we have big goals and search for end all be all when: society, life - Philosophy
  9. Aristotle’s Rules for Living Well: ethical, purpose, life, self - Philosophy
  10. One thing I think is funny is that reincarnation is pretty easily provably inevitable (Ship of Theseus): improving, religion - Philosophy
  11. Pinker meets Socrates: self - Philosophy
  12. Angelic Visitation at Concert? - Philosophy
  13. Evidence For Ghosts?: life, self - Philosophy
  14. Ancient stoicism and Modern healing - Philosophy
  15. You're Talking Nonsense: nature - Philosophy
  16. Underappreciated angle of the much-talked-about decline in the birth rate: religion, marriage - Philosophy
  17. Find your passion: life, self - Philosophy
  18. Pragmatism, an Atypical View: religion, nature - Philosophy
  19. The series of the foolish son-in-law - Philosophy
  20. A Life Well Lived: purpose, eastern - Philosophy
  21. Can We Celebrate or Must We Mourn (for whatever sins)? - 400th Anniversary of NYC's purchase from Indians: nature, society - Philosophy
  22. A tale of (the philosophy of) two times: purpose, society, life
  23. Discussing Libertarian Ethics: ethical, utilitarianism, nature, society - Philosophy
  24. Prof. DiLorenzo: How Cultural Marxism Destroyed Education - Philosophy
  25. Taking it upon themselves to invite others: life - Philosophy
  26. Mind: religion, nature, self - Philosophy
  27. A defense of dualism: religion, nature, life, self - Philosophy
  28. Imposing a Lifestyle: A New Argument for Antinatalism: ethical, points, religion - Philosophy
  29. I’m lost - Universe is so large, where do we fit in?: purpose, humans - Philosophy
  30. If human nature is broken why do we celebrate humanism?: humans, society - Philosophy
  31. Everything Is A Miracle Or Nothing Is A Miracle: religion, life - Philosophy
  32. Quote meaning: life - Philosophy
  33. Everything is an idea that you believe or disbelieve.: purpose - Philosophy
  34. Markers of adulthood - 21st century edition: marriage, life, self - Philosophy
  35. No matter, never mind. - Philosophy
  36. Profligates and Hedonists: improving, self - Philosophy
  37. Are the concepts of before and after in time really absolute?: nature, western - Philosophy
  38. Love and Longing: religion, nature, eastern, western - Philosophy
  39. Meaning of friends post - Philosophy
  40. We aren't useful: purpose, humans, life, self - Philosophy
  41. Desire rises from want: eastern, life, self - Philosophy
  42. What makes actions right and actions wrong?: society, self - Philosophy
  43. Leaving people alone: life, self - Philosophy
  44. Unravel this paradox for me.: life, self - Philosophy
  45. Morality... is it black and white or by degrees?: morals, humans, nature - Philosophy
  46. Books about Dying: life - Philosophy
  47. $75,000 Parties for Six Year Old B-day Parties, Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs Requiring Second Mortgages and other blowouts: self - Philosophy
  48. Truth Speaking - Philosophy
  49. Do People Fear Consumption and Enjoying Life? Thoughts of Suppressed or Expressed Guilt Going Back Centuries: religion, nature - Philosophy
  50. No Animal Can Be More Cruel To Its Own Kind Than The Human Being, Why?: points, religion - Philosophy
  51. The changing answer to What is knowledge?: applied, self - Philosophy
  52. Is consistency the first virtue?: ethical, morality, morals, humans - Philosophy
  53. Are People More Hostile Today Than They Were 20 Years Ago?: life - Philosophy
  54. I'm thinking of owning pets, but I'm not sure if it's unethical: points, morality - Philosophy
  55. The worst form of attachment is attachment to concepts and ideas, which may be false: religion, nature - Philosophy
  56. I tend to only give $$$ to female panhandlers... am I wrong to do so?: purpose, life - Philosophy
  57. Can Someone Explain?: purpose, society, life, self - Philosophy
  58. Men's rights to Abortion: humans, life - Philosophy
  59. Has minimalism'' lost its meaning?: purpose, life, self - Philosophy
  60. Does The Idea of Reincarnation Scare You Times?: soul, humans, life - Philosophy
  61. Do you strongly believe in the principle of causation?: humans, society, life - Philosophy
  62. Free will does exist, but perhaps too mentally lazy to use it to our fullest extent: nature, self - Philosophy
  63. Fate: religion, purpose, humans, life - Philosophy
  64. Are safety and comfort all just illusions created by modern day civilization?: life, western - Philosophy
  65. Is the desire to do something useful for mankind just a naive vanity?: society, life - Philosophy
  66. Life Is What You Make Of It?: self - Philosophy
  67. How do I accept the fact that I can't learn and know everything?: nature, life - Philosophy
  68. Why do Men commit nearly all felonies?: life - Philosophy
  69. Does Anti-Zionism = Anti-semitism?: religion, life, self - Philosophy
  70. Truth and Beauty: life, objective - Philosophy
  71. What are your thoughts on the Right to Die?: religion, society, life - Philosophy
  72. The future is an idea, the past is a memory, and the present moment is fleeting: humans, life - Philosophy
  73. Are you content with your life? If so, when did you figure it out?: purpose, self - Philosophy
  74. Diverse Creation Stories (hint they are all unsatisfactory for same reason): points, nature - Philosophy
  75. Have been surprised by the shortness of life?: purpose, humans - Philosophy
  76. What are Thoughts? - Philosophy
  77. Have you ever almost died or been killed? If so, how did that change you?: purpose, life - Philosophy
  78. 12 Years later not much change: life, self - Philosophy
  79. What kind are you?: religion, self - Philosophy
  80. Do you believe one day we will find a biological basis for philosophical suicide?: religion, soul - Philosophy
  81. Meditations of Marcus - Philosophy
  82. Does American society make it easy to fall into a vapid mindset?: life, self - Philosophy
  83. Plato and Platonism - Philosophy
  84. A quick summary of Aristotle's moral & political philosophy
  85. The major symptoms of Enlightenment: self - Philosophy
  86. Stein, Weil, and Arendt - Philosophy