Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 03:21 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times

Advertisements

Say what you want, Seattle has lately been attracting national and international press for it's inspired restaurants, use of local ingredients and the general food scene. Ask any world renowned chef you happen to run into, they will agree.

Recent Food and Wine Article: Consider Seattle As a Restaurant Destination | Food & Wine

Article in the Guardian: Top 10 restaurants and cafes in Seattle | Travel | The Guardian

New York Times Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/tr...ttle.html?_r=0

Boston Globe Article: https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyl...arJ/story.html

Anyone need any tips, message me. I am the king of the obscure ethnic hole in the wall places: Ethiopian, South Indian, Bangladeshi, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Korean, Salvadorean, Afghan, Cuban, Moroccan, Tibetan, Filipino, Malaysian, Brazilian, Sichuan, authentic Thai and Mexican, Cantonese, Japanese, Mediterranean, German, Scandinavian, Russian, Caribbean, West African, Indonesian, Pakistani, Persian. You name it, I've been there in the Seattle area. I'm not bragging, just love tasty food and am willing to share.

Last edited by homesinseattle; 11-30-2015 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 03:35 PM

127 posts, read 165,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Recent Food and Wine Article: Consider Seattle As a Restaurant Destination | Food & Wine

Article in the Guardian: Top 10 restaurants and cafes in Seattle | Travel | The Guardian

Anyone need any tips, message me. I am the king of the obscure ethnic hole in the wall places: Ethiopian, South Indian, Bangladeshi, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Korean, Salvadorean, Afghan, Cuban, Moroccan, Tibetan, Filipino, Malaysian, Brazilian, Sichuan, authentic Thai and Mexican, Cantonese, Japanese, Mediterranean, German, Scandinavian, Russian, Caribbean, West African, Indonesian, Pakistani, Persian. You name it, I've been there in the Seattle area. I'm not bragging, just love tasty food and am willing to share.

Seattle has great food at all levels, I love exploring the food scene here.

I'd love your recommendations for Indian and Sichuan food. We hang out around downtown and nearby neighborhoods, so what is good in those areas. So far we're tried Poppy - not traditional Indian but darn good - and a Sichuan place around 12th/Jackson (forget name) which was decent but not up to the genuine 'killer' standard I'm used too.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:45 PM

My favorite Indian spots are not right near where you are but well worth the drive:

Chili's South Indian, University District, amazing: Chili's South Indian Restaurant - Home
Bengal Tiger East Indian and Bangladeshi, Roosevelt area: Bengal Tiger Cuisine Of India
Masala, Northgate: Masala of India Cuisine | Order Online | Seattle, WA 98125 | Menu - Indian, Seafood, Vegetarian - Online Food Delivery

Sichuan:

Seven Stars Pepper, Central Area/Little Vietnam: Seven Stars Pepper Szechwan Restaurant | Order Online | Seattle, WA 98144 | Menu - Chinese, Seafood, Szechwan, Vegetarian - Online Food Ordering
Sichuanese Cuisine: Sichuanese Chinese, Seattle - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 11-30-2015, 03:50 PM

127 posts, read 165,181 times
Quote:
My favorite Indian spots are not right near where you are but well worth the drive:

Chili's South Indian, University District, amazing: Chili's South Indian Restaurant - Home

In the U District tomorrow for a gig

thx!!

Old 11-30-2015, 03:50 PM

102,187 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Bengal Tiger East Indian and Bangladeshi, Roosevelt area: Bengal Tiger Cuisine Of India
Masala, Northgate: Masala of India Cuisine | Order Online | Seattle, WA 98125 | Menu - Indian, Seafood, Vegetarian - Online Food Delivery

Sichuan:

Seven Stars Pepper, Central Area/Little Vietnam: Seven Stars Pepper Szechwan Restaurant | Order Online | Seattle, WA 98144 | Menu - Chinese, Seafood, Szechwan, Vegetarian - Online Food Ordering
Sichuanese Cuisine: Sichuanese Chinese, Seattle - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor
The best Asian/Chinese/Mongolian/eclectic restaurant in Seattle, IMO, is on 2nd Avenue, downtown. I forget the name, but it's high-end, and very good, really worth it! It does a booming business among the business crowd for lunch.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:54 PM

Frank, they are opening in a new location just down the street from their current spot and below is from their website, looks like you better wait until Wednesday. Amazing food, no frills hole in the wall. I trekked for a month in Sri Lanka (which this traveler thinks is the best food in the world) a number of years ago and South Indian is as close as I can get to that without going to Vancouver BC for real Sri Lankan (which I do). The use of coconut milk and complex spices at Chili's is fantastic.

We are happy to announce that Chili's South Indian Cuisine has moved to the new location at 4220 University Way NE. We are cordially inviting all of our beloved customers, friends, and families to participate our Grand Opening day on December 02, 2015 at 5 PM and to seek your blessings for successful operation. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Special buffet dinner will be served from 5 PM to 10 PM

Old 11-30-2015, 04:23 PM

278 posts, read 335,471 times
Great useful post!

Can you provide me recommendations for:

Vietnamese
Mongolian BBQ
Malaysian
Thai
Mexican
and West African

Thanks.

Quote:
Say what you want, Seattle has lately been attracting national and international press for it's inspired restaurants, use of local ingredients and the general food scene. Ask any world renowned chef you happen to run into, they will agree.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:36 PM

278 posts, read 335,471 times
Great, thanks a lot for this list. I will check some of these out in the future.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 PM

You are welcome. I'm a little weak on Mongolian BBQ, but this place (even though it is a chain) is supposed to be tasty:
Mongolian Hot Pot

Bolo, you didn't ask but the Ethiopian food in this town is amazing. I just was on walkabout last January in Ethiopia for one month and I can tell you we have good food here. My favorite is below, been going there 20 years. They also have a great coffee (you probably know, coffee originated in Ethiopia) ceremony about 2PM if you turn up:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ashington.html

Last edited by homesinseattle; 11-30-2015 at 04:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area