Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 01:21 AM

62 posts, read 310,965 times

Advertisements

Marin and all of Sonoma and Napa counties are such large and disparate areas, and the people who would choose to live there often have such different lifestyles and priorities than those in SF and the East and South Bays (who tend to work in the central bay area, whereas those in Sonoma/Napa can't commute that far) that I think it would be great if we could have a separate board for the North Bay, from Sausalito to Cloverdale, so young people's questions about where to find the hippest bar in the Marina will no longer be fighting for space with posts by older parents asking where is the best suburban place to raise their family.

Any one in favor? Does anyone know if there a way to get a North Bay message board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 02:42 PM

63 posts, read 225,262 times
I like the idea.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:49 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,938 times
I don't...sorry. There was recently a vote for a separate East Bay forum and even that was narrowly voted down. I don't think there's enough interest especially in the North Bay to justify it's own forum. Plus, the area is just not that populated for the rest of the country to have any interest/knowledge to begin with. Just my 2cents.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:53 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,651,109 times
This forum isn't even that busy so I don't see the point in splitting it up.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:24 PM

358 posts, read 1,037,188 times
So, are you trying to convince me that Sonoma/Marin/Napa counties are a hotbed of youthful activity? The North Bay is not any younger overall than the East Bay or SF. I agree with sav858, the SF forum really isn't all that busy that your questions would get lost before someone could respond to them.

I wouldn't be mad if a separate forum was created (if someone else wants to go through all of that work, more power to them), but I don't see that its really all that necessary. Have you had trouble getting help on information about the North Bay in the past?

Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM

77 posts, read 220,376 times
I'm from North Bay--5 years in Windsor (Santa Rosa), 2 years in Napa. You could have a separate thread, but what's there to say? It's beautiful, but there's little to do and few jobs. If you like hanging out and not going anywhere in particular then it's great. Very mellow.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:07 PM

655 posts, read 1,983,525 times
Also, lots and lots of North Bay residents commute to SF---you've clearly not spent much time on the 101 during commute hours if you think that's not the case.

I agree, no sense in a separate forum. (Not to mention that most of the posts I see about the North Bay tend to be San Francisco folks looking for the best suburb in the North Bay to raise their families, so I don't think it would solve your problem at all! )

Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
Yeah, every exurban belt or major burb wants their own forum. Pretty soon there will be 100 forums for California. That would be lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland