Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 11:38 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,013,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
As to behaving in Carson, lol, I heartily agree. I say without reservation that the Carsin City Sherriff's are the #1 top Sherriff's Dept in the state. These deputies are an exceptional crew. None better.

I actually like it here and I'm a lifelong very rural Nevadan. I've only been in Carson 4 years. Came fro. Yerington due to medical reasons and needed to be closer to my doctors.

Its not to big but not to small and in an hour and change I can be back home visiting my son and his family in Y Town. They can have Reno. Way to metro for me. And I could care less about party atmosphere.

Reno and Vegas ,especially Vegas, are not representative of real NV any more and haven't been for a long time. California can have them both. Well trade them for all the N CA counties like Lassen, Alpine, Shasta, Plumas, Sierra, Modoc et al.

I've actually become quite fond of Carson over these last years. It's a change in lifestyle for me but its been a positive one. I have a relationship with a wonderful lady that I actually met in 1992 while working at a mine outside of Hawthorne who's been here for 20 years now.

We became heavily involved around 7 years ago now and here we are. Carson has everything we need and much more. I will say that Reno does have better hospitals for certain types of care. But the team of doctors I have here now are outstanding so that type of care I haven't and hopefully wont need again.

There are some very good restaurants here that Reno might match but doesnt beat and theres plenty to do. I don't get bored. Theres a hidden park near where I live that's a well kept secret we love to go hang out at, I'm into archery and the bow range is ten minutes away, there are all manner of shops, stores and such that have everything I might need or want and I'm quite content here.

It fits like a glove.
At least the heat is not as bad in Carson City/Reno areas (north Nevada) compared further south from Henderson to the Las Vegas area which is HOTTER.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:03 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
At least the heat is not as bad in Carson City/Reno areas (north Nevada) compared further south from Henderson to the Las Vegas area which is HOTTER.
And, we just found out last night that Henderson has a Meetup Group for Pagans and Witches. Very shocking to us. Can only hope that isn't part of Carson City, but today, who knows.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:08 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,531,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
And, we just found out last night that Henderson has a Meetup Group for Pagans and Witches. Very shocking to us. Can only hope that isn't part of Carson City, but today, who knows.
In any bigger city there’s meetup groups for most anything as anyone can create a group. So don’t join a group that doesn’t interest you. It’s pretty simple.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:31 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
In any bigger city there’s meetup groups for most anything as anyone can create a group. So don’t join a group that doesn’t interest you. It’s pretty simple.
We know that, but, to know that there are groups like this (Pagans/Witches) in Henderson, sure doesn't make us feel "fuzzy and warm all over" knowing that. They have a right to have those groups, just like we have the right not to like it.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:14 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,013,044 times
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about that. Besides Halloween is coming up. Can't be as bad as Devils night in detroit.

Old 10-06-2023, 05:37 PM

Quote:
We know that, but, to know that there are groups like this (Pagans/Witches) in Henderson, sure doesn't make us feel "fuzzy and warm all over" knowing that. They have a right to have those groups, just like we have the right not to like it.
I can’t imagine caring either way.

Old 10-06-2023, 06:15 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,884,616 times
Wait until BB2 hears there are legal brothels about 10 minutes away from Carson City...

All it will take is someone starting to build an apartment complex and any kind of business that will employ over 50 people and he will be in here ranting about how horrible life there will be when they open.

Old 10-06-2023, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
Wait until BB2 hears there are legal brothels about 10 minutes away from Carson City...

All it will take is someone starting to build an apartment complex and any kind of business that will employ over 50 people and he will be in here ranting about how horrible life there will be when they open.
Too funny!! Actually Las Vegas isn’t called Sin City for nothing and for that matter the state had gambling, legal brothels and quickie divorce as big money makers. I assumed most people knew that.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:02 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Too funny!! Actually Las Vegas isn’t called Sin City for nothing and for that matter the state had gambling, legal brothels and quickie divorce as big money makers. I assumed most people knew that.
Brothels aren't allowed in Clark or Washoe counties but I'll assume you know this already. Closest to Las Vegas is in Pahrump in Nye county. The Bunny Ranch is 6 miles east of Carson on Hwy 50. Prostitution is only allowed in 6 Nevada counties. Elko, Lyon, Nye, White Pine, Lander and Storey. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlite_BunnyRanch

Last edited by MrWillys; 10-07-2023 at 03:28 AM..

Old 10-07-2023, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Brothels aren't allowed in Clark or Washoe counties but I'll assume you know this already. Closest to Las Vegas is in Pahrump in Nye county. The Bunny Ranch is 6 miles east of Carson on Hwy 50. Prostitution is only allowed in 6 Nevada counties. Elko, Lyon, Nye, White Pine, Lander and Storey. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlite_BunnyRanch
Yes I have lived here 26 years so aware of all that. None of that mattered to me when I moved here but I am a live and let live type of person. I have lived in 5 states and this is by far the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area