Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,897,854 times

Advertisements

I'm not entirely certain how to phrase this, so please bear with me ....

I'm currently facing an odd sort of conflict of interest. I know of someone that, through his own questionable actions, is doing a lot of damage to his own reputation and that of those that he claims to represent.

He makes grandiose claims, is factually inaccurate in almost every respect with regards to his beliefs, and really seems to be taking advantage of the path solely for the 'showoff' factor.

This is where my conflict of interest begins: everyone has a right to believe what they want, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to someone else. His nearly-constant thirst for publicity, however, is damaging our credibility as a sincere religious community.

Before I jump into the issue, I seek clarification from the Pagan community here on the R&P forums. I don't want to interfere with his spiritual life, but at the same time, he's representing us in a way that makes the greater Pagan community look like a bunch of airheads.

My question is: should I take some kind of action (I was considering a small warding ritual to make a 'buffer zone' against some of the damage he's doing), or should I leave well enough alone and hope that, sooner or later, he'll come to his senses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 04:39 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,697,147 times
I would just be honest with him and confront him on your issues.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:46 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,254,579 times
yeah Nea1 bet me too it-just be honest, tell him exactly what your thinking,infact get a few of you's to confront him,(incasse he's an overpowering individual)do it in an orderly manner and he should see where yas are comin from,and if he dosent then beat him with a stick-jokeBTW

Old 05-07-2010, 04:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,683,566 times
Fred, I would arrange to have a sitdown talk with him between yourself and a few others and explain to him what he's doing and how you see it from your perspectives, it's possible he might not even realize what he's doing, and if that doesn't work, take whatever steps are necessary to protect yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality