Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:33 PM

433 posts, read 588,527 times

Advertisements

It appears most theists do not understand this -- their ultimate argument is "it's your faith against my faith".

That's an example of a well-known fallacy.

Here, read and learn: Argument from ignorance

The claim of a God is a positive, specific, extraordinary claim -- it needs evidence from God-worshipers themselves.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:45 PM

64,055 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
The claim of a God is a positive, specific, extraordinary claim -- it needs evidence from God-worshipers themselves.
And they would have it . . . except atheists have absconded with all the evidence and attributed it to "Nature" without explaining who or what this "Nature" is and why it is NOT God . . . since it is our Creator, sustainer, ruler ("laws" of physics, etc.), improver (evolution by selection), etc. etc. . . . AND HOW do you KNOW this? Perhaps you would like to enlighten us

Old 04-10-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And they would have it . . . except atheists have absconded with all the evidence and attributed it to "Nature" without explaining who or what this "Nature" is and why it is NOT God . . . since it is our Creator, sustainer, ruler ("laws" of physics, etc.), improver (evolution by selection), etc. etc. . . . AND HOW do you KNOW this? Perhaps you would like to enlighten us
If there is -- let's hear it. (I've said before: the purpose of debates like this is to expose debaters and what they represent)

Nature's existence is verifiable.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I think you have exposed yourself from the above statement: you do not belive Nature as your God -- then you should stop pretending.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
If there is -- let's hear it. (I've said before: the purpose of debates like this is to expose debaters and what they represent)

Nature's existence is verifiable.
OF COURSE it is . . .that's the point . . . BUT HOW is it NOT God? It has most of the important attributes (Creator, sustainer, ruler, improver, etc.) How did you SCIENTIFICALLY determine that it is NOT God? What peer-reviewed publications was this evidence published in?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:25 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,175,397 times
Quote:
OF COURSE it is . . .that's the point . . . BUT HOW is it NOT God? It has most of the important attributes (Creator, sustainer, ruler, improver, etc.) How did you SCIENTIFICALLY determine that it is NOT God? What peer-reviewed publications was this evidence published in?
Describe your god and I'll tell you why.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Describe your god and I'll tell you why.
I just did . . . the important and irrefutable parts anyway. I'm waiting.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I just did . . . the important and irrefutable parts anyway. I'm waiting.
Your attempts of personification of nothing, doesn't make sense.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Your attempts of personification of nothing, doesn't make sense.
Huh? It is your Creator and the Creator of ALL life . . . is it not? How is that NOT God. It rules our actions ("laws of Physics, Chemistry, etc.) . . . How is that NOT God? It selects us for survival and extinction. How is that NOT God? Just because you arrogant types dislike all the OTHER attributes that people believe . . . in no way justifies your assertion that God does NOT exist. You can claim those attributes you don't like or don't agree with don't exist. You can even prove they don't. But you cannot claim that God does not exist.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Huh? It is your Creator and the Creator of ALL life . . . is it not? How is that NOT God. It rules our actions ("laws of Physics, Chemistry, etc.) . . . How is that NOT God? It selects us for survival and extinction. How is that NOT God? Just because you arrogant types dislike all the OTHER attributes that people believe . . . in no way justifies your assertion that God does NOT exist. You can claim those attributes you don't like or don't agree with don't exist. You can even prove they don't. But you cannot claim that God does not exist.
I can claim that god does not exist, in the same way I can claim any fairytale creature doesn't exist.

You want to call the universe "god", then we disagree on names and not any a philosophical argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality