Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:57 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,220,549 times

Advertisements

Some are saying Nostradamus predicted a major world disaster. One of his quatrains reads:

All should leave Geneva. Saturn turns from gold to iron, The contrary RAYPOZ will exterminate everything, There will be signs in the sky before this.

The Large Hadron Collider is located in Geneva.
The main purpose of the Large Hadron Collider is to produce anti-matter and black holes and conditions just after the Big Bang.

"and the "contrary RAYPOZ" could refer to a "contrary positive ray". The Collider uses rays of protons positive charged, and "contrary" refers to a collision of two proton beams. This ray will exterminate everything."

one definition of clash is to act with opposing power or in a contrary direction; come into collision.

Nostradamus and the Large Hadron Collider - Science - Digital - Virgin Media

Again it has also been pointed out that the Large hadron collider looks very similar to the Mayan Calendar which has an end date in December 21, 2012. CERN has declared that the Large Hadron Collider will run through to the end of 2012. Somewhere around December 2012 the LCH will engage in 14 TeV experiments that is needed to call forth the apparition of the missing Higgs Boson predicted by Quantum Theory. At this energy level there will also be called forth an unknown number of new particles, as well as the predicted appearance of black holes. Others say that the eating habit of the black holes may be exponential, which will give the microscopic black holes the opportunity to survive and feed off the surrounding matter, in this case planet Earth. Should we really be messing with a science we don't know too much about? Are we playing with fire? If scientists do indeed open up a black hole with no way to stop it, hiding in underground bunkers won't do you any good. We are like toddlers with a pin near an electrical outlet. Black holes rip matter up by atoms.

photos of the Large Hadron Collider in comparison with the Mayan Calendar.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--CkYDkw0Cz.../s1600/cms.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kqNivpUEXL..._wallpaper.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/r...lendar_LHC.jpg

Last edited by gsoboi78; 07-02-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,893,139 times
I was going to post one of usual snarky comments, but I found your post fascinating. Yeah, the Hadron collider does look like the Mayan calendar.

I guess I better enjoy life until the end of the year, or until the end of the world, whichever comes first.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:26 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,063,228 times
Its says to chill out because only Geneva will be utterly destroyed.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM

896 posts, read 1,864,570 times
But how many times do I have to say it? You have the date wrong!

My wall calendar clearly shows that the end is 31st December 2012. I've looked at it carefully, and after that date all it shows is a blank page!

Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
All I can say is that if something like that were to happen, there is nothing I could possibly do about nor would I escape it, so I can't worry myself over it.

Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,220,549 times
people joke about December 2012 but what these scientist are doing is nothing to laugh about. They have no idea what they are opening up with these experiments. We shouldn't even be attempting to recreate black holes. We already know what kind of power comes from splitting atoms. I don't think we should be smashing them trying to create black holes.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:37 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,963,052 times
A Mayan calender was recently found behind a wall which goes thousands of years into the future beyond the Mayan calender you write about. The reason the date ends on that specific Mayan calender is they didn't have enough room to go beyond 2012.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
people joke about December 2012 but what these scientist are doing is nothing to laugh about. They have no idea what they are opening up with these experiments. We shouldn't even be attempting to recreate black holes. We already know what kind of power comes from splitting atoms. I don't think we should be smashing them trying to create black holes.
It's amazing some of the ideas that people can conjure up with their imagination. First of all, unlike what you think, these scientists do have a good idea of what they're doing. The LHC wasn't built with no idea at all about it. Secondly, there have been no black holes detected at all. It may be that it would require more power than the LHC is capable of. Third, even if black holes were created by the LHC, we're talking about micro black holes that evaporate out of existence almost instantly. They are much too small and evaporate too fast to be able to gobble any matter.

With regard to the similarities between the LHC and the Mayan calendar, what similaries are there? That what you're seeing is round? I have a dinner plate that's round. Could that be similar to the Mayan calendar as well? All you're seeing in the image of the LHC is the outer surface of it, and there are no similarities at all to the Mayan calendar. None. What such nonsense boils down to is pareidolia.
Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forget about a doomsday apocalypse, the earliest discovery of a room with murals of the Mayan calendar show that the calendar is not a countdown for the end of the world in 2012.
Nevermind the Apocalypse: Earliest Mayan Calendar Found | LiveScience

Old 07-02-2012, 06:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Some are saying Nostradamus predicted a major world disaster. One of his quatrains reads:

All should leave Geneva. Saturn turns from gold to iron, The contrary RAYPOZ will exterminate everything, There will be signs in the sky before this.
Nostradamus never got even one prediction right, so it's not like anyone has to worry about it.

Which quatrain is that? Is there some reason your link refuses to post that? Why? Afraid people will easily debunk it?

Questioning...

MIrcea

Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Default Here it comes... Again.

Quote:
You know, essentially, nothing, about advanced particle physics and you prove it with your posts. Which are humorous to say the least . You have made so many erroneous assumptions here that it's comical! Say, exactly what level of atomic particle (or evne grade 10) physics did you get to? Or have you been reading Carl Baugh under the bedsheets at night again?

1)"you don't think," huh? So... if it were up to you and your off the wall Christian anti-science ideas, you'd do exactly what? Stop this research project and the advancement of the science of particle physics?

Probably. and typical. I'd agree with your summary though, gsoboi. You don't think! NOTE: the antimatter produced is in the order of micro-nano amounts or nothing, depending on the process they turn on:

No Antimatter Generated by the LHC - Softpedia

Far too much energy is required to produce anti-matter than is worth it (as in: a net negative energy product results). The antimatter, which has always existed around us, is simply "quenched" by the relatively vast amounts of positive matter that a surrounds it. BTW, anti-matter had already been manufactured in other facilities, this project is trying to accomplish something else entirely.

2) "The Apparition" of the Higgs boson type particle??? So again; what are you suggesting here? Some ghostly Satanic entity looming out of this machine? Rubbish. Nonsense. Fantasy. Hmmm. any other appropriate adjectives, guys?

BTW #2: gsoboi, would you be so kind as to explain to me in your own succinct words, not plagiarized or C&P'd out of some internet source, exactly what a boson particle is and what it's significance is to physics? Just so we can allsee your overall level of knowledge on this complex topic, n'Kay? Thanks in advance.

And if this is just a fun trollista stunt, good on yah! I certainly hope you don't really believe in such silliness. But in case you do, please DM me with your bank account numbers so that I can help myself, with your blessing of course, since you won't be needing your money, right?

But, if this stuff is actually SO VERY frightening to you, you should make amends with your wooden god and toss yourself off the Brooklyn Bridge NOW, before they do unleash the End times (ain't gonna happen, ever!) (and you might as well make a Big Splash, after all...), and hope He lets you in, you being such a frightened kid at heart after all. Afraid of things under the bed, and LH Colliders that go... (Whayyyttt *** it...)

BANG!

Pareidolia! Wow!Spot On!!

Thx, NightBazaar & reps to you for this one; a very appropriate term here!

"Pareidolia ( /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-doh-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse."

Source: Wiki. Pareidolia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality